PDA

View Full Version : just back from indy

phil
02-15-2009, 01:55 PM
i just got back from the indy show i took more pictures than you want to see mostly in the china section i am willing to take as many questions as i can and am willing to post the pictures as soon as someone on the admin side is willing and will tell where how and how many i even think i found another good distributor and what i think is the best ds bike i have ever seen from china :lol:

culcune
02-15-2009, 02:45 PM
i even think i found another good distributor and what i think is the best ds bike i have ever seen from china :lol:

Was it one of the companies I told you to visit?

dsrt4
02-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Cool! My Butthead dealer was up there...

I assume my replacement MSO is still sitting on his cluttered desk while he was bumming around looking at the cool bikes...

phil
02-15-2009, 03:34 PM
no but i looked i was disappointed one had no distributor so since i couldnt be (no rich uncle) and hibird is realeasing the ds air cooled no water no 30 hp :cry: the one i found nobody would want thats on here, they will not allow shipping and they are expensive
dsrt i did think of you when i walked by a big goverment building there were lots of people i didnt see a mr butthead on any ids but if i would have known i would have looked and asked, i was looking to meet others and put faces to voices :wink: i did meet the people from jetmoto and still have a high regards for them :lol: good people

Jim
02-15-2009, 05:22 PM
You either need to go to the gallery (link at the top(, and register, or host them somewhere else, I think photobucket is super easy to use.... Just register for a free account there, upload your pictures, and they will give you the img code to post them in the forum. http://photobucket.com/

phil
02-17-2009, 06:58 PM
i hope this is a link to what i saw or some of it from indy no im not in any shots ask questions ill try but like a guy told me its like getting a drink of water from a fire hydrant 8O http://s646.photobucket.com/albums/uu181/hallsauto/?action=view&current=P1010003.jpg
now for the hard question and i need YOUR thoughts
i am thinking of doing some on-line sales zongshen and kmd allow this i am not a dealer for kmd yet (400cc dualsport) would you buy, and is kmd a good company to deal with i have seen most of the "better looking" bikes dont allow dropshipping and is it better to get them in and reship (cost more and handling 2x) or to dropship
what do you think of the cpi ds 250 i fell in love that thing looks as good as any bike i have seen and i will have them in march hopefully, but untill i have it im not promising like the serria knobbies i havent got yet

Jim
02-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Here's the link to your gallery

http://s646.photobucket.com/albums/uu181/hallsauto/

The cpi and asiawing, and xingyue look good.

phil
02-17-2009, 08:31 PM
thanks again jim :oops:

Jim
02-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the pictures.... Some good looking bikes there.

culcune
02-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Looks like CPI might attempt another shot here. A few years ago, they had teased the US with one of the first 250 (well, 230, but they called it a 250)enduros, and then never quite made it. Their international site showed the motard, but they seemed to only concentrate on that cool looking, Ducati-like scooter. If they are coming back, they might give me second thoughts about the Pitster, or the Sierra.

I like the Asiawing motard, and Spark in black. Did you meet with Schugrant Guo? Did you tell him I sent you? :lol:

Is KMD selling the Xingyue 400's? I now know that Roketa has picked them up, as well as Asiawing. Or is KMD a totally new 400cc bike? Inquiring minds want to know!!! :wink:

phil
02-19-2009, 06:26 PM
kmd is carring the xingyue, i see that roketa has them listed but i doubt they really have any that is the asia wing or the xingyue but if im given enough time tommorrow i will call roketa just to find out my problem is at last call roketa was not legal in my state the cpi is going to expensive no prices yet but i expect them to be in the qlink range but after seeing both together i liked the cpi better by far
i would really like some thoughts and comments on the on-line sales should i or not and why

BillR
02-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Phil,
I do a lot of shopping on-line. I tend to stay with items that I have some knowledge about (as far as function, assembly and repairs).

For the China bikes, if you were to offer a decent inventory and keep parts available for those bikes, I would definitely consider buying from a web business.
Heck, you're only about 5hrs from Nashville, anyway. I would make that drive in a minute for a nice bike at the right price. :wink:

My 2-cents about on-line sales:
Pros:
Larger customer base for you,
more choices for on-line shoppers,
maybe a lower overhead for you if you don't have to warehouse the items??
I DESPISE going to stores. I don't like a salesperson hanging around my neck trying to sell me what they think I want.

Cons:
Buyers that expect the experience to be exactly the same as if they bought in a store and/or don't have the experience or knowledge to work through problems with minimal assistance.
You do lose that "personal" contact from a direct sale.

FWIW
Bill