PDA

View Full Version : mini chopper help!?

thearmyguy
02-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Okay Im new to this all but my problem is when I put my bike in WOT (wide open throttle) it seems that the gas get shut off from the engine and wants to stall and shut down. I've cleaned out the curb, cleaned jets, moved my clip on the pin in the carb, messed with my fuel/air mixture screw and still does the same thing. I have no clue on what it could be. please someone help me. I also just ordered a new 115 jet just cause. My engine is the 200cc that's on the scorpion, dragon, and so on(bike has so many names).

katoranger
02-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Is the float set right?

thearmyguy
02-23-2009, 12:27 PM
How would I know if the float is set right? It seems to move freely.

katoranger
02-23-2009, 03:26 PM
You may not be able to change it, but on some carbs it requires bending the tab the needle valve rides on.

Usually you set it so that it is even with the base of the carb when the needle valve is closed.

More likely you have a plugged up main jet not allowing enough fuel for high speed.

Allen

thearmyguy
02-23-2009, 03:45 PM
So how do you think I should clean it out? Carb cleaner?

katoranger
02-23-2009, 04:29 PM
I would take the carb off. Remove the jets and use some carb cleaner. If you have access use an air compressor to blow it out.

It could also be that it is just too small and you really need a larger main jet.

Allen

thearmyguy
02-26-2009, 11:43 AM
now when I changed out my plugs out the bike doesn't want to turn over!!! :evil: I got the same type of plug that came with the bike but just a newer one... :?: The bike doesn't wanna start. If I take the spark plug out of the plug hole but still have it connected will i be able to see a spark? Someone pls help

my bike starts good now... but in WOT my bike just bogs down, I looked at the main jet and I'm not sure what size it is cause it's not on the jet, I ordered a 115 not sure if that's to big.!.

Main jet is cleaned

thearmyguy
03-09-2009, 09:45 PM
My only real problem is how do I get the nuts out that broke off inside where my pegs go? (The broken nuts are on the the bike itself, the pegs are good and can be reused!)

Reajcox
04-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Weld them on the bike