PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Ya'll

milogasser
02-26-2007, 07:41 PM
My name is Milo and I am a Chinabike addict. I plan to buy within the next few weeks. Thank goodness I found this great forum for info and advice.

mdsuave13
02-26-2007, 07:42 PM
welcome! good to have another!

which bike are you looking at getting? make sure when you do get it to ask questions if you have problems, and also make sure to do EVERYTHING the prep list on this site says... make sure to buy lots of loctite when you get it! :)

maf119l
02-26-2007, 07:45 PM
what part of south miss.im from perkinston

milogasser
02-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Right now i'm trying to see what makes are the best. I love the Um 200 supermoto, but I need to find something a little more affordable.

westcoaster
02-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Hello Milo
Nice to hear from you. I have read a little every night since I found this site and learn something everytime . These guys all seem to be very helpful and it looks like we all feel the same about these bikes. A great group of guys .

I don't know what the deal is with Chuck Norris but perhaps I haven't read enough.

mdsuave13
02-26-2007, 07:52 PM
I don't know what the deal is with Chuck Norris but perhaps I haven't read enough.

i dont either, i have been a big chuck norris nerd for as long as i can remember... although someone here is cooler then chuck norris, i doubt that is the case :)

its good to have all newcomers!!!! chinabikes rock!

mdsuave13
02-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Right now i'm trying to see what makes are the best. I love the Um 200 supermoto, but I need to find something a little more affordable.

i just got a lifan gy5

i love it so far, its a really decent machine.. although that supermoto does look really bad ass.

it seems like the rocketa and the lifan happen to be the most common, i wasnt as fond of the rocketa and why i ended up with the lifan, but im pretty safe in saying that you will enjoy whatever you end up with!

milogasser
02-26-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm in Taylorsville. It's a huge town halfway between Soso & Hot Coffee! You can miss it.

maf119l
02-26-2007, 08:00 PM
If your ever around grenada,talk to rpm from this site.He's a dealer.www.rpmrush.com .Last time i talked to him he had the American Lifan GY-5 and Hi-Bird which is basicly the GY-2.

ambassador
02-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Welcome Milo,
If you have any questions please feel free to ask, you won't find a better group of guys that ride and live China bikes anywhere on the net...
I too own a 06 GY-5 200 and I love it... Lifan and Roketa are the DS bikes of choice in these here forums and can be had for a decent price but there can be a few headaches if you don't do your homework about who/where you purchase it from... You want to find a reputable dealer....

RPM
02-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Howdy, Milo, and welcome to ChinaRiders! Glad that you were able to find us. Wow, that's 4 from the Magnolia state so far! Florida, look out! That's great to see the interest in these machines growing every day!

maf119, thanks for the support and I still have you a bike reserved, too! I do have these on hand and plan to keep them both for a long time as they are good bikes.

Milo, I know about where Taylorsville is. I am in north central MS, following I-55N, Grenada's halfway between Jackson and Memphis, so if you get the chance to visit this area, stop by and take a look at what I have.

My personal favorite is the American Lifan GY-5 bike, just like the looks and overall fit and finish of the bike, but I will agree that the UM is nice, but they are a good bit more expensive than most of the China bikes that are ridden. The Zongshen is real nice, also, but hard to find one ... dealers are scarce unless you live in Florida for some reason that only Zongshen can answer. A lot of the bikes are very similar and are GY-2 based as you can tell looking through some of the gallery pics. You have a lot of stuff in this forum that you can spend days soaking in, but that's what makes this site so great and there is always someone here to lend a hand in any questions that you may have. Feel free to browse and ask away!

Ride safe and enjoy the ride!

ambassador
02-26-2007, 08:30 PM
For the price I would say the GY-5 is the way to go but that all depends on what your spending limit is...

maf119l
02-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Hey RPM,still wanting it,just got to get caught back up.Blew motor in car ended up buying another one,just put about $4000 into my 18 wheeler.still trying to figure out best way to mount it behind cab.saw a suzi 200 d/s on a truck the other day,think i may know how to do it.Got and old small electric winch from an atv so it all may be coming together soon.

liverchip
02-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Welcome Guys!

PolygonFla
02-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Maf119l,
I drove for CR England for a while a few years ago. Not something I want to do again soon.

Back then I used to fantasize about putting a small bike on the back of the cab. If China bikes where around back then, I might have. If you come up with a good solution I would love to see some pictures. If you own your rig I would look at some way of bolting a Tilt-a-Rack or similar on there and extending the ramp. It still would likely be a two-person job to get it on and off safely.

ejcycles
03-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Hey milogasser/Milo

Welcome to ChinaRiders! Have a great time here and with the new bike!