PDA

View Full Version : New member from Sweden

PerJ
02-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi!
I have been lurkin here for a couple of weeks, and now I think it is about time I introduce myself. My name is Per and I live in Stockholm, Sweden. I am about to turn 40 this year and I am new to motorbikes. The step is not too far though, as i am a keen MTB-cyclist :D .

I have just bought a Qingqi Offroad TMS 200cc GY wich, if I understand right, is a copy of a Suzuki DR 200. Goes by the name of Roketa in the states (?). I don't even have a MC-driverslicense yet, but hope to get that part sorted out in april. Main pourpose for use of the bike is to and from work, 50 kilometers both ways.

Hopefully, soon I can present pictures of the bike.

PolygonFla
02-27-2007, 02:30 PM
hello Per,

You are going to start enjoying your ride to work soon ;)

Watch out for ice on the street in the mornings, especially in shaded areas and bridges and you will do fine.

With the cost of petrol in your part of the world you will wonder why you didn’t get a “motorrad” sooner.

Grossgot

(I know, I speak German not Swedish, but I hope it helps make you feel welcome)

mdsuave13
02-27-2007, 02:52 PM
hope you enjoy your new bike, i know i have been for the past couple days...

its really a nice little bike on the streets, even with the knobbies that came on it.. i really hope to get a spare set of wheels at some point to get street tires for riding on pavement tho.

culcune
02-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the site. You are the third (I think) member from Sweden, but I do know of one member for sure, Catastrophix, who is from your country. He, too, owns a Quingqi 200, but am not sure of the model. He has photos of it in his gallery.

I think he mentioned that his bike is similar to the Suzuki dual sport, but I am fairly certain that Roketa is not the same as a Quingqi. There either is, or was, a very limited presence of this company in the US, and the dominant players here are Honda based, although one of the Zongshen enduros is Yamaha-based.

Anyway, try to find Catastrophix, and the other member, and you guys can post photos of your rides. There are some members from one of your neighboring countries, Denmark, that are members, too, as well as Great Britain (not your neighbors, but closer to you than we are). There should be a European Chinariders group, and when the weather clears up a bit, you guys could take long rides throughout the various countries and post photos. Welcome, again!

liverchip
02-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Welcome from the Left Coast there Perj. Ride defensively and count on the "other guy" either not seeing you or not yielding. Trust me it will happen....A lot. Keep the rubber side down!

CathastrophiX
02-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Welcome!
If you take pictures, post one of the speedometer.
I think thats the only ugly part on my model, and would like to see if they changed it.
Remember you can´t use a 200cc as a "learner bike" (for drivers license) in Sweden.

ejcycles
03-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi PerJ

Welcome to ChinaRiders! ya late but better than not ever!! 8O

Bruce