PDA

View Full Version : i pulled a smart!!

pezgoon
04-09-2009, 05:48 PM
After finally taking the bike outta storage knowing that when i put it in there it was running i decided to get back to work on making it run. i put on a new air filter (cut out all of the airbox and put a uni on) and replaced the fuel lines last season. i tried getting it to run but absolutely nopthing could the only time was with full choke or the air fuel mixture screw all the way out (last threads) this was what i knew last season. so i thought it was my pilot jet needing to be upped, so i started dissaembling the bike and as i unscrewed my gas tank and was watching my gas lines to see how much gas was in there and to try and get it to drain out the carb, i saw the gas not flowing. and i was like hmm thats funny.... so i fully lift up my gas tank in the air and when i went to look at the gas lines top-down i see massive kinking in my fuel lines under the gas tank 8O :x when i had replaced my lines i had the thought, well since itll make it easier to work on the bike if the gasd tank can be moved around more ill make the lines longer than the originals. bad idea. since my lines were thicker walled and less flexible, they tended more to kink instead of just twisting and fitting and such. so i spent a month working on my bike trying to adjust my carb and getting pissed off when it was my own stupid fault. well atleast the mashed up fuel air screw gets to be replaced and now i know i will be able to start the bitch up when i finally replace the lines. i guess i atleast learned something from all of this... :roll:

SpudRider
04-10-2009, 10:27 PM
We always learn most from our mistakes. ;) I am glad you got it all figured out! :D

Spud :)

KentuckyDonkey
04-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Sounds like sonething I'd do!