PDA

View Full Version : Prindustires 125cc Dirtbike

yozalo
04-18-2009, 01:45 PM
I was looking for a dirtbike on ebay and I found some people selling some. I was interested in the prindustries since they are bigger and taller than most 125cc. The problem is that I heard bad and good things about them. One forum said they had copied some infomation illegally from them. I was also interested in the giovanni 125cc dirtbike but they are samller compared to the prindustires.

http://www.prindustriesltd.com/

Any help or comments would be apprieciated.

warrior91
04-18-2009, 10:59 PM
I purchased one from them a year and a half ago for my 12 year old daughter. I however love it and whip it down bush trails more often than her.... :lol: easily the stance/handling of mid 80's 80cc 2 stroke
48.5mph on gps, 170lb man riding...and it gets wound up to top speed surprisingly quick...

-locktite everything...buy red and blue.
-17/14 rims...love them(tighten spokes), tires are durable and intermediate grip, tubes are crap
-frame...actually pretty straight and well welded...
-rear shock is pretty much an adjustable spring holder...replace
-front shocks were dumped out and replaced with hyd. oil 4 inches to top, spring rate is stiff for smaller riders but good for dad...lol
before fluid replacment spongy front,dangerous handling in any slightly bumpy trail
-plastic and seat lasted one year...half from crashin...half from brittle plastic and a year of weather...seat leaves much to be desired, but riding it like a trials is fun...
-Loncin motor- change oil fairly often to keep clutch from slipping....like 3-4 tanks of fuel...easilly get 60-70 miles to a tank even givin' her.
Motor runs like a top after adjusting needle on carb...1-2 kicks every time
Runs awsome even after I have punished it in snow mud rocks and sand.
-rear bushings replaced with solid brass after first tank of fuel and wobbly rear end... :roll:
-rear brake fluid swapped out after constant rear brake siezure
-front brake worked like magic from day one...
check out pics on page 12 of our members photos...
Delivery was about a week, bought it with 150 quad...both showed up to my place of work in 95% shape...plastic scuffs etc... stickers came in a package that must have been soaked in their sewing machine/engine oil...unusable..couple wrenches/screwdriver came with it ...and a bike book from some other company written in ???english???

I like this bike a lot for $700 delivered off e-bay.
PRindustries does carry parts but they are pricey as chinese go...
Other than plastic, this bike needs nothing for another season...
...Oh yeah this bike NEEDS a real airbreather...the factory LOOKS nice but pretty much good for keeping horseflys and boulders only, out of the carb :wink:
warrior91

yozalo
04-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Does anyone have reviews of the Giovanni 125cc.

Weldangrind
04-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Does anyone have reviews of the Giovanni 125cc.

Sure. My son has a 125 that we've done major mods on, just so we could fit the wheels we bought from prindustries. If I had known about them, I would have never bought the Gio (simply because of the 17 / 14 wheel combo).

We've had zero brake problems, although we did the rear master cylinder pushrod jam nut trick. We've downgraded the chain to a 420 so we could fit a 42 tooth rear and 12 tooth front sprocket. This combo puts lots of torque to the ground and climbs trees.

Our air filter has been acceptable because we use Maxima air filter oil. It is blue (which guides you), and it sticks like cobwebs.

Our seat was rock hard, but it has softened up considerably.

We changed the swingarm bushings with Honda parts (about $8 each). We also use lots of loctite, and we did a chain slider upgrade (see http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7683 ) We also replaced the stator o-ring and added a breather to reduce pressure and free up some power.

Ben at prindustries is a really nice guy. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him.

suprf1y
04-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I have a Gio 125 also.
It has 12/14 wheels.
I bought it to boot around the pits at the races, but also abuse it on the track a bit, and around my property at home. I'm happy with it.
It starts, and runs fine, and everything works. Suspension is not very good, but its good enough for what I'm doing. The swingarm bushings are not very good, and the whole bike feels a little 'loose'.
Its no race bike, but to putt around on, as a learner, or kids play bike, its fine.
I upgraded the carb to a 26mm Mikuni that I bought on ebay for $25, and went up one tooth on the countershaft sprocket.
Huge difference.

yozalo
04-20-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm getting the giovanni as I do not need such a big bike. The prindustires bike is about $760 while the giopvanni 125cc is $400 -$500. Is the extra amount of money worth it for the prindurtires dirtbike.

Weldangrind
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm getting the giovanni as I do not need such a big bike. The prindustires bike is about $760 while the giopvanni 125cc is $400 -$500. Is the extra amount of money worth it for the prindurtires dirtbike.

It depends upon the height of the rider. If a rider is anything over 5'6", I would recommend the prindustries bike.

yozalo
04-21-2009, 05:18 PM
My son is 4 feet and 11 inches. I think the giovanni is the right size but I think he is going to have a grow fast since he is about 14 years old.

Weldangrind
04-22-2009, 01:58 AM
My son is 4 feet and 11 inches. I think the giovanni is the right size but I think he is going to have a grow fast since he is about 14 years old.

You're lucky. My 14 year old just hit six feet. He'll be buying his next bike.

yozalo
04-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Lol, it kind of sucks being short but do you think the giovanni will fit him. I am just worried he might not be able to touch the ground. Hey, looks like my pocket won't get hit hard.

suprf1y
04-22-2009, 05:21 PM
4'11"? No problem.

red85
04-24-2009, 06:23 PM
I really like their bikes (prindustries). Those XRF250's look like real powerhouses on paper. The 38" seat height would give me some grief though (I'm like 5'8" and 140lbs). Maybe if I eat my Wheaties... nah forget it. At 38 years old I think my growth spurt days are gone LOL. The 125cc bike looks good too. The only thing I don't like is the 14" rear. My bike runs 16 and 18 and that seems to work well. Is there any real advantage to the smaller rear wheel?

yozalo
04-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Yea, there bikes are for giants. Even there 125cc is pretty huge.

warrior91
04-25-2009, 02:18 PM
lol. giants...
Smaller tires are better handling but lose clearance, rolling resistance, and comfort. Tall tires roll easier, give clearance ,but can diminish handling in tight turny stuff.

A bike that the child can handle is important.

Due to "real" trailriding we went with the tallest bike possible.
My 12 year old is about 5'4"...She won't need another bike till she is ready for more power, not just outgrowing the bike.