PDA

View Full Version : Has it started ?......the swine flu (possible next pandemic)

TeamCheap
04-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Has the next world flu pandemic started the reports started off just like any others with the goverment playing it down and telling us "dont worry" but now I see it has been in mexico and they are taking it very seriously.

I hope it is just short lived and fades away but since the people who deal with this type of stuff are a bit baffled it could end up being very bad.They dont really know much about it and hopefully it wont spread fast and far before they get a handle on it and know how to stop it.

Mexico shut down schools, museums, libraries and state-run theaters across it overcrowded capital Friday in hopes of containing a swine flu outbreak that authorities say killed at least 20 people Scientists said the virus combines genetic material from pigs, birds and humans in a way researchers have not seen before.

"We are very, very concerned," spokesman Thomas Abraham said.

"We have what appears to be a novel virus and it has spread from human to human," he said. "It's all hands on deck at the moment."

The full story is from the AP. swine flu-AP news (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090424/ap_on_he_me/med_swine_flu)

phil
04-24-2009, 07:36 PM
well crap, it was nice knowing you all i catch every bug around i have been stocking up for "end of mankind-zombie takeover" since i get sick a lot i have changed the list of things i need to barbeque sauce 8O

TeamCheap
04-24-2009, 08:04 PM
The next few days/week should tell the story I'd think.

A guy I work with just had some BUG and was off work for almost a week and I'm now wondering if he had it although I havnt heard of any cases this far north yet.He said they gave him 3 shots to help with it, probably all the flu shots varieties they have on hand.

But I'm sure the feds will tell us all ASAP and keep us informed. :roll:

AZ200cc
04-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Can't spend Your life wondering what might kill You next...What fun is that? :lol:

TeamCheap
04-25-2009, 04:30 AM
Can't spend Your life wondering what might kill You next...What fun is that? :lol:Thats true since we never know when our number is up.
So while I'm aware of some of the things going on I still just keep plugging away and do the things I like/want/need to do.

BUG
04-25-2009, 09:06 AM
The next few days/week should tell the story I'd think.

A guy I work with just had some BUG and was off work for almost a week and I'm now wondering if he had it although I havnt heard of any cases this far north yet.He said they gave him 3 shots to help with it, probably all the flu shots varieties they have on hand.

But I'm sure the feds will tell us all ASAP and keep us informed. :roll:

I'm not sure who this guy is that you speak of but i assure you i have had no involvement. :lol:

TeamCheap
04-25-2009, 09:37 AM
:lol: I think its a case of mistaken identity because you are known as the "BUG" and this other guy is just some bug.

KentuckyDonkey
04-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Everyolne please bear in mind: During the Swine Flu outbreak in 1976, all of the people who died from it were people who had been vaccinated. No unvaccinated person died.

This fact is acknowledged (among other places) in an excellent book: Confessions Of A Medical Heretic by Dr. Robert Mendelssohn.

[Bear in mind, I haven't been to a doctor since 1978, and I'm the healthiest guy around]

TeamCheap
04-25-2009, 12:54 PM
So far its looking good i'd guess since it appears to be mild and somewhat treatable with current meds the mortality rate is very low.

Its a bit scary since they havnt seen this strain before and have no real defense ....yet.

Oh well I'm hoping for it to fizzle but also keeping my eye on it just to see how its handled.

Danthalis
04-25-2009, 02:19 PM
This is all some evil hoax placed on us by another consumer safety division to ban selling bacon to minors. Quick inform your children of the perils of pig licking!!! :lol: