PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm New to this Site from NC

tryJESUS
04-30-2009, 09:08 AM
I don't have a china ride yet but I'm leaning toward the 3/4 chopper. I'm stilll sceptical as it may not be a reliable commuter bike from what I've read so far. Can it, with minimal modification, be made to be a reliable commuter? Is there really a 400cc coming out and how will it look?
Thanks and Be Better Than Blessed.

Cal25
04-30-2009, 09:46 AM
First of all welcome to the boards.
As for a China bike being for you. All bikes will need maintenance. Chains need cleaning, oiling and adjustments. Air filters need to be cleaned. Oil needs to be changed often as they dont hold much oil to begin with. Typical problems that people have are fasteners coming loose (loctite is your friend), Minor wiring issues like a bad connection or short. Bulbs and batteries can be less than robust as well.
Feel fre to ask lots of questions and I'm sure you will get lots of friendly help.

SpudRider
04-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Welcome to these forums. :)

I have moved your poll over to the "Street" forum. It is more appropriate for that forum, and you will get more accurate responses from the experienced riders there. :)

Spud :)

phil
04-30-2009, 08:46 PM
more questions need answers first is it big enough for you (are you small) how far do you plan to commute, chinese bikes are a bargin but it helps if you are mechanical :D

Forklift352
04-30-2009, 10:54 PM
I love my chopper.....but she can be a pain. If taking back roads
it will be fun.....NO FREEWAY!!!! Unless you got bowling balls down stares
I would do it if I hade the 5 speed!!

katoranger
05-01-2009, 08:44 AM
I voted no based on the info I gathered in another thread. 40 miles is a long ride on any small bike. My round trip is 44 miles on my dual sport. I would recommend one of the dual sports, but not so sure on one of these choppers.

The choppers just seem to require much more maintenance/repair to ride reliably.

Allen