PDA

View Full Version : attention Zongshen owners

phil
05-02-2009, 11:28 AM
i have a question for all the zong owners out there, i have given my help best i can for what little i have to offer now im asking for a return :lol:
if you could have a website to order stock replacement parts online for your zong (all models,scooters sierria,storm and sport) what would you like to see or think you may need such as cables,fenders filters etc. I already know knobbies :oops: and if i cant get the site up fast enough would you be willing to call untill i do :?:

phil
05-03-2009, 02:25 PM
no suggestions do i take this as no one needs parts, no one would use my site regardless, or maybe everybody hates me so much that i cant get help, i have been told im beyond help but i thought they were kidding :cry:

AZ200cc
05-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I guess by all the parts that people are mainly searching for here, Things like master cylinders, Manuels, Coils, and so on...I would think most would like to find the hard parts like that. Maybe brake pads and rims Cables and such. Who knows maybe You could stock some aftermarket exhaust for them also. Sorry not a Zong owner but those are the things I would like to find.

phil
05-03-2009, 03:07 PM
thanks for the reply az200 a lot of this stuff you listed i already carry and have been working to get some stuff direct from china no bikes as i am scared of the epa, but i really need help as how do i know what to carry?? and from what ive seen here this forum knows whats already out there and what they would likely need or want so i wont waste time on the website or money

BUG
05-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Non Zong owner but I like to keep parts on the shelf, mostly maintenance stuff like brake pads, chain and sprockets, tubes, grips, fluids and filters. In the past have also kept so body parts around.
The thing i run into when i look at Chinese parts is poor picture quality. There are so many different bike that I'm sure the parts would interchange but without a good quality picture i would not be willing to take the gamble. Maybe even take your pictures on a grid with 1" increments. You could also check the other parts sites and see what they are always sold out of.

Alaskan-Dad
05-03-2009, 05:03 PM
universal things like chain tensioners, master links, body plastics
but I'm a lifan Grey rider :)

SpudRider
05-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi, Phil. I just saw your post. I hope you are well. :)

Here is a quick list of the Zongshen Sierra 200GY-2 parts I would like to see readily available:

Front Brake Pads
Rear Brake Shoes
Rear Wheel Sprockets
Plastic Chain Sliders
Body Plastic, Fenders, etc.
Mufflers (The silver kind they put on the bikes in China)
Exhaust Headers
Clutch, Brake and Speedometer Cables
Engine Gaskets
TK MV28 Carburetor Parts, Jets, etc.
Levers
Seats
Front and Rear Wheel Hubs
Rims and Spokes
Front Brake Rotor
Hub and wheel bearings, bolts, spacers, etc.

And last, but certainly not least...Dual Sport Tires. :D

I hope this helps. :)

Spud :)

TeamCheap
05-03-2009, 08:38 PM
no suggestions do i take this as no one needs parts, no one would use my site regardless, or maybe everybody hates me so much that i cant get help, i have been told im beyond help but i thought they were kidding :cry:Hey stop that ......your stealing my bit. :lol:

I have two zong 50cc engines and needed (may still need) the complete electrical system. (headlight, taillight, blinkers, controls, CDI, regulator, coil, and most importantly the wire harness)

But at this point I'll work with the old and new stuff and make my own harness as needed.

I still need a few things but most of it is here or on its way here.

TeamCheap
05-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Non Zong owner but I like to keep parts on the shelf, mostly maintenance stuff like brake pads, chain and sprockets, tubes, grips, fluids and filters. In the past have also kept so body parts around.
The thing i run into when i look at Chinese parts is poor picture quality. There are so many different bike that I'm sure the parts would interchange but without a good quality picture i would not be willing to take the gamble. Maybe even take your pictures on a grid with 1" increments. You could also check the other parts sites and see what they are always sold out of.The pictures are a very good idea but I like to see actual measurements of parts you know things that matter like intakes and covers and levers and so on.

DesertRider
05-06-2009, 11:48 AM
I would be and I think anyone would be interested in parts for their Zong bike's, why do you even have to ask us ? :lol: Now, where's that website ?

phil
05-06-2009, 01:20 PM
im trying to get everything together my web site is listed www.hallsauto.com also in my profile but hasnt been updated in a while but heres what im doing now i have turned the design over to someone who knows how, im getting together parts with zongshen america (manny) and i have ordered a few parts direct from china, just so everyone knows i am used to getting things DONE, DONE NOW, AND DO IT RIGHT :!: like the arrow relased from the bow but since i am relying on others heres a link to how things are going (i think im along for the ride) http://bleedingmoon114.deviantart.com/art/Snail-riding-Turtle-86342783 the reason i ask is i value everyones thoughts here of what i need to carry and what i dont the people here are owners not salesmen they know what to replace or needs replacement

katoranger
05-06-2009, 02:02 PM
People also need to remember that the best price is not always the best deal.

Better to order a part from a source that you trust and know it will get to you for alittle more money.

Allen

phil
05-06-2009, 09:43 PM
ill take that as a compliment kato and thanks i am working really hard to keep the prices a low as i can but diffrences like having something in hand ready to sell makes it harder but its the only way i know to avoid "vaporware" as a example what if i had sold the knobbies ive been waitng for but couldnt ship, btw the last story still has them 3 weeks out who knows i do know china is scared of our economy ill let a couple of cats out of the bag here zong was going to release a watercooled dual sport and a 600cc bike this year but its not going to happen now ive seen pictures of the 600 its a sport bike and no i havent seen it anywhere else on the web i would show it but i promised :cry:

katoranger
05-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Exactly. It costs money to have parts on hand ready to ship out the next day.

Allen

SpudRider
05-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Personally, I am happy to pay a little more to support a reputable dealer who keeps a good supply of parts on hand. :)

DesertRider
05-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Personally, I am happy to pay a little more to support a reputable dealer who keeps a good supply of parts on hand. :)

X2

liverchip
05-07-2009, 06:09 PM

X2

X3!

Welle417
05-28-2009, 01:12 AM
i concur gentlemen... :) haha
X4! :D

phil
05-28-2009, 09:17 PM
thanks for the encouraging words i hope soon to have this rolling but i havent seen such delays in my life everything is going wrong one example is my shop was broken into :evil: they stole almost all of my air tools got 2 bikes out but left them batteries and left them in ditch i dont know why, after CUTTING yes cutting through the wall tommorrow i go over the order and get everything rolling
one more thing are people afraid to call in person is it better to click and buy :?:

Welle417
05-28-2009, 10:29 PM
thanks for the encouraging words i hope soon to have this rolling but i havent seen such delays in my life everything is going wrong one example is my shop was broken into :evil: they stole almost all of my air tools got 2 bikes out but left them batteries and left them in ditch i dont know why, after CUTTING yes cutting through the wall tommorrow i go over the order and get everything rolling
one more thing are people afraid to call in person is it better to click and buy :?:

Ouch my friend! That is very discouraging... i hope insurance of sorts is able to replace that for you and the damage to the bikes? :(
And as far as the buying goes, to be honest for the start its best to have the Phone ordering :) That way people can make sure they get their model numbers right and if you've got the info there as to what part fits on what bike(s) that just makes people feel that much better :) (and talking to a person! 8O wow
-now when that side of your business gets going more, then its for your convenience and others to buy at their leisure online :) (you've already got a good reputation on this forum without a doubt) Good luck!

PARTS btw, i would include
The best of chains (the one Spud has is a definite) links, breakers etc.
Gaskets, Screw kits/nuts and bolts (maybe something comprehensive to a zong) - Magnetic Drain Plugs, Sprockets of Varying sizes with some charts "Calculated data" as well as field forum data :) [make a "customer review section"], Cables, Intakes/Exhausts, Shocks, Seat Upholstery/padding? (staple kits too now that i think about it), Rear Rack accessories (waterproof bags, cargo trucks, toolkits, TRUNKS WITH BACKRESTS--haha), LED kits- various brake and signal options?, Maybe some plastics if you can, but i haven't seen many with that kind of problem... (ZIPTIES :D)
Maybe some of those bicycle speedometers?? and possibly some of those lifan dashs :) i would like to make a project of putting a better dash on the Sierra :) [big class with the gear indicators, volt and tacho-meters ] :D
... im sort of rambling i know, but im just thinking of things various people might wish to have 8) Can't wait to hear more about it ^_^

Welle417
05-30-2009, 08:16 PM
wheres Sir Phil ?

just checkin up on you buddy...

phil
05-30-2009, 08:31 PM
im just trying to recover and get things together at the same time i am going to try to get a few of several items and see how it goes it dont take long to add up the bucks and im taking all advice (i doubt ill carry a chain breaker cant figure why anybody would want one) but i still need more advice i would really like to find a cheap o ring chains. but for the good news as far as i know things are starting to creep along at least its a forward creep