PDA

View Full Version : Help remote start problem new extreme 150cc scooter

jimdicksonok
05-04-2009, 08:30 PM
I just recieved an 150cc extreme scooter with a steel Mate BMM004D remote start alarm module on it. Here is my problem does not have spark when firing. It will only crank if I hold button on remote and hold brake while pushing starter button.

Any suggestions? does anyone know how I can buy pass this piece? I don't want ti period my other 5 150cc scooters never had it and no problems HELP PLease.. thanks jim :?

liverchip
05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Sounds like a kill switch function. I'd check the bar switch and bypass the alarm/kill function to troubleshoot the issue.

jimdicksonok
05-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Sounds like a kill switch. Try cranking with the brake pressed.
That was already done not a problem there any other suggestions

liverchip
05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Sorry reread your post and edited my response.

liverchip
05-04-2009, 08:40 PM
As far as bypassing it, you will need to see at what point the alarm module is interrupting power/ground to the CDI, as this is the likely method the manufacturer is using to keep the bike from running and being stolen. The module will have to be unplugged/removed from the running circuit and jumpered out at the CDI. .

jimdicksonok
05-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Sounds like a kill switch function. I'd check the bar switch and bypass the alarm/kill function to troubleshoot the issue.

How do I do that? Thanks are you saying by pass switch on handle bars to see it works? I do no when the switch is on the off postion it will crank all day long just wont start. But when you put it in the run postion it will not crank unless I push button on remote. does that help anyone to help me.

liverchip
05-04-2009, 08:47 PM
http://chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7893

Is a link to a CDI pinout for the vertical motors. As your problem is with a scooter, the likely motor you have is a GY6- type motor. I'm not sure if the pinout is the same. You will have to locate a wiring diagram for your scoot to help with this issue more than likely.

liverchip
05-04-2009, 08:58 PM
This link might be able to help as well:

http://www.oregonvintage.com/Scooter.html

Thanks for the link Kato!

Think we need to move this one to the Scooter section.

jimdicksonok
05-04-2009, 08:59 PM
http://chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7893

Is a link to a CDI pinout for the vertical motors. As your problem is with a scooter, the likely motor you have is a GY6- type motor. I'm not sure if the pinout is the same. You will have to locate a wiring diagram for your scoot to help with this issue more than likely.

pin going from the alarm remote start is 8 pin was a 9 one not used than I have another nine pin that is used up and of course the bike didn't come with diagram of wiring it is a little differnt from my other 150cc scooter too. This is a mess... bought it from extreme scooter .biz lets see if serice is good

SpudRider
05-05-2009, 01:35 AM
The "Scooter" forum is more appropriate for this thread, so I moved it there. The OP (original poster) will receive more interest for his questions, and get a larger number of responses in the "Scooter" forum.

Spud :)

jimdicksonok
05-05-2009, 08:17 AM
The "Scooter" forum is more appropriate for this thread, so I moved it there. The OP (original poster) will receive more interest for his questions, and get a larger number of responses in the "Scooter" forum.

Spud :)thx spud newbie not sure what i was doing :lol:

katoranger
05-05-2009, 09:00 AM
My suggestion is to study the wiring diagram on the oregon vintage site. That is some of the best scooter info I have found.

You may want to try and disconnect the alarm system and then work from there.

Allen

SpudRider
05-05-2009, 01:21 PM

Spud :)thx spud newbie not sure what i was doing :lol:
No problema, Jim! ;) Welcome to these forums. :)

Spud :)

jimdicksonok
05-05-2009, 03:06 PM
My suggestion is to study the wiring diagram on the oregon vintage site. That is some of the best scooter info I have found.

You may want to try and disconnect the alarm system and then work from there.

Allen

Ok got a update I swaped all major part with one of my other scooter 150cc and still the same thing I have concluded it is the remote alarm starter now only if I had the directions to remove it it would be done.

HELP I went oregon vintage site not sure how in the world that site can help me unless there is two sites you have a link? :x

katoranger
05-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Go down to the bottom where all the links are on the oregon vintage site.

In the left hand column there is one that has a diagram for the alarm/battery etc. That may help you determine what needs removal.

Allen

jimdicksonok
05-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Go down to the bottom where all the links are on the oregon vintage site.

In the left hand column there is one that has a diagram for the alarm/battery etc. That may help you determine what needs removal.

Allen

went there the wiring diagram doesn't fit my scooter the 2008 scooter has different from the other scooters this alarm is killin me.... the site had two differnt ways to unhook the alarm starter but of course tje wiring wasnt the same and didnt know how to contact them for an update... thanks

mblas3
05-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Can you post the wire colors of the alarm and position in the plug?

Mark