PDA

View Full Version : Just Got a New Wildfire 300!

elroyjetsn
05-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Just brought home my wife's Wildfire 300 scoot. Pretty nice! Picked it up from the dealer in town. Has a couple minor issues: gasket for the fuel gage sender was pinched and leaks-dealer is fixing. The other thing is the license plate bracket is made for a car tag not the smaller motorcycle/scooter size tag.

Had to improvise to get the tag on there. :lol:

Engine just purrs at 55mph like nothing. Handles nice, but not at all like a Dual Sport!! Little getting used to...

kczukiman
05-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Congrats to your wife.It is different then a duel sport,But it sure is a nice smooth ride and no shifting.How does she like it? Any pics?

elroyjetsn
05-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Congrats to your wife.It is different then a duel sport,But it sure is a nice smooth ride and no shifting.How does she like it? Any pics?

She really loves it!!

She really likes the front and rear hand brakes, too! The windscreen is nice, too. Make it so quiet! :lol:

Pix soon! :wink:

kczukiman
05-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Love to see some pics of it.Glad she likes it.My wife and I really like scooten....

elroyjetsn
06-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Love to see some pics of it.Glad she likes it.My wife and I really like scooten....

Put it in the shop saturday to have the gas tank installed-couldn't get the fuel gage to work. Try to get pix ASAP..

SpudRider
06-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Congratulations on the new scooter, Elroy! I eagerly await the photos! :D

Spud :)

elroyjetsn
06-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Got the Wildfire 300 back from the shop. Tank no longer leaks but now the fuel gage doesn't work... They musta bent the sender contacts. Think i'll just fix it myself. :x

As you can see it's a Honda Reflex Clone with water cooled 300cc single. Yes, those are factory embroidered carpet floormats!!
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww145/elroyjetsn/scoot01.jpg

Next to the DR250
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww145/elroyjetsn/scoot02.jpg

Nice Trunk
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww145/elroyjetsn/scoot03.jpg

katoranger
06-20-2009, 10:26 AM
I think in a few years I will go scooter. That one looks sharp. Like the color.

Nice Subaru too.

Allen

SpudRider
06-20-2009, 10:46 AM
That is a very nice looking scooter, Elroy. :) I have to ask; how fast will it go?

elroyjetsn
06-23-2009, 12:18 PM
That is a very nice looking scooter, Elroy. :) I have to ask; how fast will it go?

Had it up to about 65mph and she seems to have plenty left. Gearing seems pretty tall since she never revs much even on the highway.

Only 75miles so far so just did 1st oil change, but manual says not to maintain high speeds very long for the first 500 miles for breakin.

kczukiman
06-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Very nice looken scoot elroy.I really like the color.They do take some getting used to but after a few trips out they are a breeze.One thing that seems to be very important on these scooters is to change the valve stems in the tires if they are the 90 degree type.The seem to have cracks in them from the factory.

SpudRider
06-24-2009, 12:51 AM
It looks like your new scooter has enough room to comfortably seat two riders! :) Do you think the suspension can handle the weight from two riders? It certainly seems that the engine has enough power to carry two people. :)

Do you mind telling us how much it cost? :?:

elroyjetsn
07-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Sure looks like it would do 2 up fine. But, Bonnie has a aversion to the concept. So, haven't tried it.

We paid a bit much for it.. 2400US. Course it's from a dealer who also titled and tagged her for us included.

Even got us nice new helmets at wholesale as part of the deal. :)

Hope she gives us good service.

elroyjetsn
07-03-2009, 01:22 PM
One thing that seems to be very important on these scooters is to change the valve stems in the tires if they are the 90 degree type.The seem to have cracks in them from the factory.

Thanks for the heads up on the stems. Mine are 90's! So i smeared some grease on them to keep them from drying out till i can replace'm.

kczukiman
07-03-2009, 08:54 PM
This vid helped me.Very simple and quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBikGAIzArM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fscootdawg%2Eproboards%2Ecom%2Fin dex%2Ecgi%3Fboard%3Dtalk%26action%3Ddisplay%26thre ad%3D24311&feature=player_embedded

katoranger
07-03-2009, 09:43 PM
That was a pretty good video. Don't know why you need those 90 degree valve stems. Looks like plenty of room with the straight replacements.

Allen

kczukiman
07-03-2009, 10:05 PM
The straights are great with the 13 inch or larger but not good for the 10 in tires.It took me about a 1/2 hour to do both stems.They were cracked in a couple of spots.Only have a little over 300 miles on it.

dsrt4
07-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Isn't there a Recall on China made valve stems?

Check the ones on your cars as well. Basic and to the point video.
Thanks for linking it!!

I really need to do this on the Pocket Bike wheels I just bought. They are brand new and dry rotted badly.

elroyjetsn
07-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Will definitely get some new stems in before we start using the scoot regularly. Bonnie needs to take her skills test.

That vid was great!

elroyjetsn
07-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Finally got around to replacing the coolant on the WF300. The "coolant" in it was clear, but felt greasy. Not sure what it was... Rinsed the system with distilled water a couple times and filled with 50/50 green.

She comes to temp pretty fast at idle and the guage stays pretty close to center. Electric fan only came on once when i went to restart. The coolant expansion tank is next to the gas filler cap and has a handy sight level window in the plastic.

The silkscreened black pattern on the lower edges of the windshield was very sloppy and smeared, so i used a little paint remover to clean it all off and used some flat black spray paint to redo it nicely.

elroyjetsn
07-26-2009, 10:04 PM
The FMVSS plate on the scooter states that the manufacturer is, " Zhejang Summit Huawin Motorcycle Co. Ltd."
http://www.huawinmotor.com.cn/index.asp

When I went to their site it states that they are in "technical" partnership in some way with KYMCO in Taiwan. The engine looks like a fine piece of workmanship. So, perhaps they are getting help from KYMCO on engine design?
http://huawin.en.alibaba.com/

elroyjetsn
07-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Got the scoot out of the garage. Put her on the sidestand and started her up. Turned around to close the garage door and, "Clump!" That awful sound as the scooter fell over when the sidestand let go.

Now, the side is all scratched up!. :evil:

My stupid and another quality gripe. The sidestand is too long and won't let the bike lean enough(even on level ground) to prevent tipping over in a strong wind, or as in this case- the vibration of an idling engine.

So, i got out the butane torch and heated the stand post enough to bend it out a little more and now she leans nicely when parked. Too late though to prevent this mishap.

That's another thing, the center stand is almost impossible the use. The pedal that hangs out is very hard to get your foot on and it's smooth steel so you can't grip it with your shoe or boot. Needs to stick out about half inch further and could use a nice rubber pad on it.

elroyjetsn
07-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Now for the good part. The scooter is a dream to ride. Smooth takeoff and gets you to 55mph in a snap. Vibration is a little annoying at low revs, but it smooths out very nicely once under way. Super quiet at speed, only the helmet wind noise.

The handling is very good, though the suspension is stiff and could use a little more sag. Though less sag means less chance for dropping into those oversized pot-holes. The bike has the retro vespa style handlebars and small simple dashboard. Fuel-speedo-temp and indicators lights. Brakes are disc front and rear and work well. Rear's a little jerky.

12" front tire and larger 13" rear. Large square DS style convex mirrors. :)

Cal25
07-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Those scooters keep sounding like more and more fun.

kczukiman
07-27-2009, 09:30 PM

Sounds like your getting the bug!!! :D :D
Be carful it wil bite you.It did me lol

Sorry to hear about the tip over elroy.My wifes kick stand is like that as well.I need to put the heat to hers befor that happens.My JCL is fine has a lot of lean.

elroyjetsn
08-03-2009, 08:16 AM
My wifes kick stand is like that as well.I need to put the heat to hers befor that happens.My JCL is fine has a lot of lean.

I procrastinated on mine and this is what happened. Just be really carefull with the torch. All that plastic and the combustibles that collect on top of the belly pan. :)

katoranger
02-23-2010, 05:10 PM
How about an update? The scooter forum has been all but dead lately.

FastDoc
02-23-2010, 05:47 PM
How about an update? The scooter forum has been all but dead lately.

Whats a scooter? :P

katoranger
02-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Typically red 1800cc and built by Honda. :lol:

FastDoc
02-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Typically red 1800cc and built by Honda. :lol:

LMAO! :D

RickYoung8659
07-17-2019, 08:53 PM
I just got a 2008 wildfire wf300-sp need help. The wiring on it for the turning signals don't work. They will not blink. Also the running lights in the back will not turn on. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for it and a repair manual. I can't find anything on it what so ever.

humanbeing
07-17-2019, 09:40 PM
...anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for it and a repair manual. I can't find anything on it what so ever.

Most 300 is a Yamaha Majesty 250 on steroid. Any1 familiar w/ Yamaha color coding can sorted it out easily.
d/l & read the Linhai 300 or Yamaha Majesty materials will also helps. https://www.pdfmotomanual.com/
Other water-cooled chinese 250 are powered by Honda helix copy. Ref to those Honda materials...