PDA

View Full Version : is this a good buy???

draegonsan
05-10-2009, 09:22 PM
I have a nice cruiser motorcycle, I amlooking for a neat small 200-250 cc get around town bike and found this, hence i found your site... is this a good price for the bike and is the bike worthwhile for around town riding

"Selling my 2007 CHUANL 200cc street motorcycle. Original owner with only 1,062 miles on it. Was rode back and forth to work last spring and summer. I upgraded to a bigger motorcycle and need to sell this one. Some cosmetic damage to the plastic and the tachometer is broke. Motorcycle maximum speed is around 55 mph. You can reply to this posting or contact me at"

Its red blue and white, the pic doesnt show the damage, but i dont think its too bad. The tach isnt too big a deal but do you know how much a fix is? Can you replace body plastic and how much is that? thanks

-Draegonsan

forchetto
05-11-2009, 01:43 PM
How would anyone know?. You don't give us the precise model, you don't tell us how much he's asking for it, and as you're asking the prices of spares you haven't enquired from the present owner if there are any available or even service shops before considering your purchase.

culcune
05-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I think the CHUANL is like the Lifan 200cc sportbike available over here. Unless the bike is selling for $250 or so dollars, it wouldn't be worth much more as new ones can be found in the $1k range, and this one has bits that are broken, and is a virtually unknown in the US brand, but there are some as the name is familiar.

The good thing is that a replacement Lifan engine (as the engine would generally be the worst case scenario for a major breakdown) can be had for about $400 or so shipped. I wouldn't pay more than $400, and that is if you really want the bike badly, and it runs ok and the scratched cosmetics don't bug you too much.

Qingdao
05-11-2009, 05:10 PM
I have got one. If you follow the link in my signiture you can see it.

All I can say about this is it is a solid bike if you are not revin the piss out of it and tring to get every ounce of power you can out of it.

I see mine as more of a challenge than an actual bike. Another words I want to buy the 55mph (yeah he isn't kiding 55 is top) bike and make it do 110.