PDA

View Full Version : Repairs

MaxFubar
05-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Hello all. My roomate has a 150CC scooter, see here. (http://www.atvdiscounter.com/Scooters/Size/150cc-22918/3511433--SC-08/ProductInfo.aspx) Ran fine for quite a while. Oil changed at regular intervals. Now, bike turns over, but will not fire. New plug, always had 93 Octane in the tank. Carb appears to be fine. Any ideas?

katoranger
05-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Is there spark? I know you said new plug, but is it actually getting spark or did the cdi fail or something? Is it getting fuel? I have heard of problematic fuel pump on these. Check of the link in the sticky at the top of the scooter forum to oregonvintage. It has some great tech help.

Allen

bdavison
05-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Check the BIG three first.

Air
Fuel
Fire

Without any of these three things, the engine will never run.
Check to make sure its getting each of the above. No clogged air filters, Make sure its sparking the plug, and make sure its getting fuel.

Some things to check.
Air Filter - Is it clean so the engine can get air?
Fuel Filter - Is it clogged and not letting fuel through?
Spark Plug - Is it sparking when you hit the starter?

If its been sitting for a while, the most common thing is old nasty gas. Old gas doesnt burn well, clogs up fuel filters, and gums up the carbs.

MaxFubar
05-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Fuel is new, I am getting spark, Air/Fuel Filters are clean. Also, the thing runs great, I kicked it after letting it set for a day. Thoughts?

FastDoc
05-28-2009, 04:12 PM
I'd bet on the CDI

Cal25
05-28-2009, 05:40 PM
If its getting spark I would doubt the CDI. Fuel in the tank does not equal fuel in the cylynder though. Especially with the problems others have had in the past like Katoranger says.

DesertDog
06-26-2009, 12:58 AM
oops i forgot to look at the post date
did you get it runnin yet.

take carb off and clean it out with air make sure no debree in carb at all or at least try... fuel is being starved some how some where, take main jet out as well and clean any debree and it wont start .....just my opinion

DD