PDA

View Full Version : Ok i am thinkin about buyin a bike but need advice

vet_stingray
05-30-2009, 02:21 AM
really cool lookin bike its a Suzuki GS 500 E. But it doesnt runn right. It has the dual carbs on it and i didnt know if that is the problem. any way more detail if you pull the choke all the way back it will ideal really high. but if you try to give it any gas it will choke out. so i test drove it just with the rpms i got from the choke. if you try to close the choke auto matic shut off same if you try to give it gas. didnt know if its a serious problem or not. I have a Lifan By the way not just randomly posting on this site for advice. any advice buy the way? really like it but dont want to buy a lemon...

forchetto
05-30-2009, 02:44 AM
It sounds as if the idle jets are blocked or the CV carb rubber diaphragms are punctured or split. These diaphragms are just under the carb top covers and it could be that someone has removed the covers and not seated the rubbers correctly. They are surprisingly difficult to put back in correctly once the carbs have a large mileage on them, due to stretching from use. They're about 20 to 30 dollars each.

http://motorcycleproducts.co.uk/catalogue/images/221701.jpg

katoranger
05-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Yes, sounds like carb problems. Most likely a carb rebuild and it will run great.

Allen