PDA

View Full Version : Report this post!

SpeedSouth
05-31-2009, 05:22 PM
I just noticed that there isn't a "report" button or link in our posts. I don't often find the need, obviously (since I just noticed there isn't one), but it's nice to have a quick way to report posts that need the attention of a mod for clean-up.

I am speaking mainly of SPAM that is posted while our dedicated mods are busy elsewhere. A "report" feature might allow them to be notified more quickly.

Just a thought.
I know the feature is used on other forums, but I'm not aware of the specifics between the different scripts and how easy it might be to add if available. I am also aware that some may find it more bothersome to be notified like that, than just letting the SPAM sit until a mod arrives. Again, just a thought. :)

katoranger
05-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Not sure if the software supports it or not.

I just deleted some spam I saw. Also reported to Frostbite for deletion or the spammer.

Allen

SpeedSouth
05-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Yea, I noticed you were here right after I posted. Nice work! :D

katoranger
05-31-2009, 06:10 PM
The new login questions have really slowed down the amount of spam we were dealing with. I have only moved about 3 in past few weeks.

Allen

Jim
06-01-2009, 02:07 AM
It is available as a mod for this version of phpBB I believe, but it is built in standard in the phpBB 3 versions of the software. Frostbite would have to install the mod, I'm not entirely sure how much work it is for that specific one is, or how much it would impact installing updates to the software...

If you do ever see a post in question that has been missed, please feel free to PM one of the mods. :)

SpudRider
06-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Yes, we are getting a lot less SPAM since the last software tweak. :) I second Jim's suggestion; please feel free to send us a personal message for any concern you might have. :)

Spud :)