PDA

View Full Version : 70F sunny and beautiful

chris5150
03-06-2007, 12:43 PM
i am fiends with trubattleax and the has a viva 250. it is an awesome bike and now it has made it unbearable waiting for my truck to sell so i can order my 200gy. the bike had tons of power and i am a large rider. it was funny i have not rode a motorcyle in atleast 7 years. i was alittle wobbly to start out with but caught the hang of it quick and i had 5th gear pinned in no time. it was alittle more chalenging since the area we where in was super soft sand. the trails where flooded. i feel bad since i have not ordered my motorcycle yet i did not have a helet. but none the less i was careful and had a great time.

p.s. it was faster than my old 96 xr200 and i am a bigger guy now. i will post video the next i go out there. :D :D :D :D

ambassador
03-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Keep us posted when you do get a bike...

How's Bike week going over on your coast....

chris5150
03-06-2007, 02:41 PM
i work at a hotel so it is a pain. but i get payed good so what ever. i am working 7-days a week but the money is great so i will be able to buy the motorcyle before my truck sells.

seeing all the bikes and riding day makes this seem like it is taking forever :evil:

but i love how cheap these great bikes are. :D

ambassador
03-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Would you ride your China bike with Cool Boy stickers intact at Bike week???

blimpman
03-06-2007, 03:09 PM
70's and sunny.... ( right thru the heart...) :cry:

chris5150
03-06-2007, 03:15 PM
i would hop on it right now. i live 2 miles from main street which is where the main part of the event is. no one can deny the great deals these bikes are. i have been talking about them so much. a few of my friends will be getting them after they see mine.

mdsuave13
03-06-2007, 03:19 PM
i would ride my china bike at bike week with i hate harleys stickers all over it.

then i would do a wheelie and exit stage right! haha..

j/k i just hate how the harley/chopper guys don't extend the rider wave to anyone but other harley/chopper guys.. not even the venerable road star warrior "v-rod killer"

ambassador
03-06-2007, 05:16 PM
They wave down here... Must be a Southern thing???

mdsuave13
03-06-2007, 05:50 PM
must be. whenever i owned crotch rockets and the like, they never waved once. but i borrow a 1950's panhead and i get waves like its my job... who knows.. :roll:

sheadouglas
03-06-2007, 11:58 PM

Yup, I get waves every single day!!!

ambassador
03-07-2007, 12:39 AM
SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY..... and grits too...

RPM
03-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Yeah, the wave is still a brotherhood thang in the South. I am sure it is used elsewhere, too, but it's here to stay down here.

As far as sport bikes go, my experience anyway, they rarely give the wave back, so I guess some of the cruisers have decided to not extend the welcome. I have shown this courtesy for years with every biker, no matter the make or style, but it's almost like the sport bikes around here simply don't know what it's all about. Many are new at biking and haven't learned yet.

Words to live by:
Biker's wave - A simple sign of existance and acknowledgement, but you are in a brotherhood of bikers ... I still do this without thinking.

mdsuave13
03-07-2007, 12:24 PM
i have to extend the wave in all of my vehicles. i drive a jeep, so i have to abide by jeep hierarchy. Then on the bike, same principal... but the cruiser guys give about a 50/50 on the wave.. most of those guys up north are lawyers and business guys in mid life crisis, they dont know the whole deal behind everything, which annoys me, cause i look like a butthead giving the wave to 10 people in a row and then i get like 2 waves back...

oh well, i still give it, just a lot of the time, the cruiser guys get the wave, then a finger...

Akonababe
03-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Here on the island for almost every wave you get a wave back no matter what kinda bike they are on. Everyone is friendly here and coolness doesn't hardly exist here.

dlunt
03-07-2007, 08:44 PM
I usually get the wave from more Harley riders than Sportbikers.
In fact I have gotten more waves from Harley guys while riding the GY-5 than I ever did with the Vulcan 500 I had.
It was fully chromed up, windshield and saddlebags. You couldn't tell what kind of crusier it was coming straight at it.

And unfortunately too many of the sport bikers around here are true squids! No biker etiquette. :D

And now I am going to briefly rant:
The Beemer riders almost never wave!!! :x

gyjoe
03-08-2007, 01:41 AM

Oh, they wave up here too--I think they are just glad to see another bike!

blimpman
03-08-2007, 09:33 AM
I look at it this way.... I always wave.... if they don't wave back, I was waving to their bike.. (or their girlfriend on back.. :lol: )

chris5150
03-15-2007, 05:37 AM
here is a video on youtube of me riding trubattleax's 250. i have no helmet at this time but i figured out that his helet would fit me. it just feels like it is sqeezing on my brain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYHq6CtKjYw

pumpkin
03-15-2007, 04:49 PM
i had a 2003 yamaha zuma and i got the wave even from harley guys.witch really shocked me.

FMYStreetRacer
03-15-2007, 05:50 PM
here is a video on youtube of me riding trubattleax's 250. i have no helmet at this time but i figured out that his helet would fit me. it just feels like it is sqeezing on my brain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYHq6CtKjYw

looks like fun. i wish you'd hurry up and get a bike already so that we can have a florida meet. i'd even be willing to host it at my house.

tonight i'm having some friends over with their 4-wheelers and were going to ride over to the bike stunts. should be a pretty good night.

liverchip
03-15-2007, 07:39 PM
We need more Left Coasters. :(

chris5150
03-16-2007, 05:10 AM
the bike is coming soon

i am making the last payment on the car friday the 23rd.then it will be a couple of weeks to come up with the money.

i am still wanting the trail ride to be the 3rd week of april. i know it seem like forever but there will be a china riders trail ride.

hopefully ambassador and polygonfla will be able to join us and trubattleax. i figure when i gets closer i will post another thread.

Trubattleax
03-16-2007, 07:04 AM
im ready when ya'll are!

FMYStreetRacer
03-16-2007, 08:04 PM
we need to do it soon before there's only mud to ride on. allot of the trails by me are getting shut down as well. i think i need to go scope out east bonita but that place will be way under water by the end of april.

chris5150
03-16-2007, 08:26 PM
that sux you may be able to set up something without me. i am sure trubattleax is ready. i thinks it would have the bike by now if my truck was ready to sell or had a credit car. so i am buying it out of my pocket that is why i said that date. i wish i had it now :cry:

FMYStreetRacer
03-16-2007, 08:29 PM
we can wait, just hurry up and get that bitch :P