PDA

View Full Version : Bad customer support

otakui
06-12-2009, 10:50 PM
I recently bought an electric scooter from giobikes.com.

They shipped via a company that doesn't deliver to my location. The tracking website said it would be delivered on a Friday, and I had somebody sit around the house all day waiting.

When the scooter didn't arrive on Friday, I emailed the shipper, complaining that the website said the bike would be delivered on Friday, but wasn't, they informed me that they didn't deliver to my location, and they transshipped it via another company. They didn't say who. They said it would be delivered Monday.

Again, I had somebody stay home from work and sit around all day on Monday. Finally at 3PM, they phoned and said I could come pick up my scooter. Apparently the company that the shipper used to tranship the bike doesn't support home delivery, so I had to go pick up the bike from their depot.

When I got the bike home, it was missing the front wheel spacer. I couldn't finish assembling the bike.

I immediately used the email form on giobikes.com to request a replacement part.

I received an email quickly that if I supplied my address, they would send out a replacement part. I replied with my address.

After 6 days, I hadn't received the replacement part. I sent an email asking if the part had been shipped. No response.

Every couple of days since then, I sent an email, asking where the part was, and asking if it had been shipped, and asking if it was delayed because it was coming from out-of-country. No response.

I went back on the website and submitted another warranty request via the online form. No response.

I went back on the website and left another request, stating that I was very unhappy with the lack of response.

I finally received another reply, this time stating that the bikes are sold as-is and that unless the missing part was broken or defective, that I would be responsible for replacing it myself.

I've given up on getting support from GioBikes.com. I will source the part from elsewhere and pay for it myself. Apparently saving $5 on a part is more important to these people than positive word-of-mouth.

My boss bought the same model of scooter, based on my enthusiasm over my inital purchase. Unfortunately he didn't wait to see how it turned out. Hopefully he has a better experience than I had.

Don't buy from these people. They don't support their customers, and they don't care.

TurboT
06-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Hi Otaki,

I'm a pretty objective person and I feel bad for you that you are having issues.

As for your shipping issue, I do believe it says right on Gibikes website that their 'larger' items are shipped by DayRoss, and due to the size are not home delivered but shipped to your nearest depot. Perhaps I'm wrong on your instructions but that was always my understanding. UPS cannot handle oversized items, I believe due to weight.

I've had excellent responses from Gio and great customer support. I do not know why this would be an issue but I would continue to work on them a little for your missing part. I didn't receive part of my order and when I let them know I had it the next day. I know some others here have had some issues with broken parts in the box and didn't have a problem.

Remember, treat others as you would expect to be treated, with respect and you will receive it return.

Just my .02.

-TT

yozalo
06-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Hello,
Turbo T there scooters are sent via ups I think. The lighter vehicles are sent via ups. I waited patiently and I received my parts. I was very happy since they shipped it at no cost. There customer support is amazing, and they reply fast. Sometimes they do not have the part in stock and they have to get it from the factory. Anyways 6 days is way to little I waited 2 weeks for my part to come. Just expect what you pay for. These are wonderful machines and I will continue to recommend these to everyone.

AZ200cc
06-19-2009, 01:31 AM
I would not expect any replies from the author, One post and nothing but venom. Wonder if they should just delete this thread. They joined and posted only for one reason.

dsrt4
06-19-2009, 07:24 AM
I would not expect any replies from the author, One post and nothing but venom. Wonder if they should just delete this thread. They joined and posted only for one reason.

Based off of my last dealings with them.....This Guy has every right to be Pissed Off.

Jim
06-19-2009, 10:25 AM
We won't censor peoples experiences or opinions with dealers based on whether or not they are sponsoring the site, as long as they aren't violating forum rules.

AZ200cc
06-19-2009, 11:34 AM

Based off of my last dealings with them.....This Guy has every right to be Pissed Off.

They may have a reason, But at least stick around and reply to and or add information with updates. I never like it when people will make a statement like this and never show back up. I also don't like it when a person only joins to make a bad post about someone or something and never post again. What's the point in that?

Jim
06-19-2009, 11:54 AM
How does the saying go, you'll get more pr from one unhappy customer then you will from 10 satisfied ones? Something like that?

TurboT
06-19-2009, 05:34 PM
I don't care if they sponsor the site or not. If they are crappy people to deal with they deserve the wrath.

I am just sharing my experience with John at Gio. When you sell many products you are bound to hit problems every now and again. He has always treated me fairly.

I'm a firm believer not many people read the fine print, and have no idea the logistics that go into finding one obscure part from a box. You can't possibly have everything!

This may well have been sorted out already, but Mr. Venom hasn't come back to let us know.