PDA

View Full Version : Baja Motorports avoid at all costs.

hensim
06-20-2009, 05:25 AM
See my post in the street section but the meat of it is that I was denied warranty on both new Baja motorsports bikes I bought. One they claimed had packing oil in it and 6 quarts instead of less than two. (How is it that it registered fine on the dipstick then, and who would be responsible for putting packing oil in the bike?) I had not touched that bike and bought it from a retail store going out of business sale, they prepped the bike and put amsoil in it. I never touched it, and the thing only had 49 miles on it and TWO RIDES and had the tranny problems all along from the first time I tried to ride it. I followed their procedures to the letter by contacting them immediately and then taking it to the warranty center in a timely manner. And no I did not drive it to the warranty place I rented a truck and hauled it.

The sc150 scooter they denied warranty on because I had removed parts to troubleshoot it per the manual. (check for spark, check for gas, etc.) You can't check a thing without removing some crap to get to the motor but when I took it in without all the panels and crap on it they instantly turned me away and voided my warranty.

So basically if you have anything made by Baja Motorsports expect an hour on hold each time you try to call plus expect them to try to deny warranty covererage for any reason they can think of at all. One was a month old and one barely two months old. So far it's cost me a lot more than just the expense of the bike I had to rent a truck just to take them in for warranty and now I have to use my insurance
(I paid extra for towing coverage) to have it towed back from the shop still broken.

The warranty provider was a place called Scoot-N-Skedaddle in the portland oregon area. What a scam shop that is too. They never even made it into the tranny to diagnose the problem, had it for two weeks and only spent an hour the first day to diagnose and then an hour to slap it back together broken two weeks later. Never even contacted me inbetween that time just let it sit and let the summer pass by.

I cannot believe I have to go pick up a broken bike from the warranty center and they refuse to fix it even if I pay. I had no right to be pissed about all this to begin with? I didn't cause a lot of trouble for them or curse them out even, they just said screw it, not our fault and we won't fix it you have to come pick it up.

It makes me wonder if they were even capable of repairing things at that level at all because the tech said they didn't have some tool to get in further? Flywheel puller or what tool would you need to get into a chinese 233cc inline twin? It's not complicated...

WATCH OUT PEOPLE, The warranty means nothing if you are dealing with folks like these.

hensim
09-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Just to close out the thread... Problem solved.
I disputed the charges for these motorcycles on my credit card and won.
The bank talked to these jokers and were completely disgusted and gave every dime back to me no problem.

Oh and I got to keep the bikes.

Screw you baja motorsports, I won!!!

FastDoc
09-26-2009, 09:56 PM
I am very happy it turned out semi-OK, but I'm sorry of the time and energy lost, and aggravation.

FWIW, my local Honda dealer is no winner in the servive department, and thats on a $22,000 Gold Wing.