PDA

View Full Version : Bossier, Louisiana - what up guys

SinnerDC2
03-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I just picked up a lifan 200cc sports bike off ebay and I found this forum when doing a little research about the lifan brand. I've only driven dirty bikes and I dont have many hours on them so I figured the small 200cc bike would be a good starting point for me. I'm also looking at the local training course for street bikes.

Nick

ambassador
03-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Welcome Sinner,
You'll find alot of info here and alot of great people...

Training course is a great idea...

SinnerDC2
03-09-2007, 06:01 PM
have you seen any pictures of anyone on a lifan 200cc sports bike? Man, I have googled and looked on ebay. I found alot of pics with people on the euro bike, but not the sports bike. I even searched this site without luck.

ejcycles
03-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Hi SinnerDC2

Welcome to ChinaRiders! There is not a lot of information or pics on the American Lifan...LF200I, LF200II, LF200III Sportbikes. People always seem to get them mixed up with the DualSport/Enduros because the bike is called the {LF200} by most they forget to put the I, II, III behind the LF200. There is a thread here with the New Sportbike that American Lifan will be importing this year...pics from The Dealer Expo Tom & I where at this year. I see you saw it already.

Bruce

PolygonFla
03-10-2007, 08:22 PM
When I made the decision to get a Zongshen I was really torn between the Dualsport and the sportbike. The sport bike has a higher top end and is supposed to get better millage.

I ended up getting the Dualsport partly because of all the support I found here. There is a good chance I will hook up with some of the other members here for a group ride sometime.

But I gotta tell ya between the two it was real close.

SinnerDC2
03-10-2007, 09:24 PM
so whats the difference in the lf200 1,2,3 becaues I've only seen info on 3 and I believe that is the one I'm getting.

Nick

ambassador
03-10-2007, 09:51 PM
I do believe, that as they put out another model year, they add another number, although I maybe totally wrong?? Stick with the LF200/3, it will be the newest of the old technology as these bikes are based on alot of the 80's Honda designs, the engine is basically a XR 200 clone...

If you can, post the link to the E-bay page you bought it from, this will give all of us a much better understanding of what to expect, just copy and paste it into your message...

SinnerDC2
03-10-2007, 11:05 PM
I got it from rabbit scooter out of california, the have a real shop

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/290086956997

I talked to the guy on the phone and he seemed to be pretty cool, I'm getting the black an silver color

culcune
03-12-2007, 02:44 PM
You should contact member Jet_Tec as he lives in LA. He had just recently documented a trip he took from LA to Florida on his Lifan GY200-5 enduro that took him 14 hours. He seems mechanically inclined, which would be helpful if you aren't, and the two of you could beat his old "record" and try a longer trip. Welcome to the group from southern AZ