PDA

View Full Version : giobikes.com performence parts for 125cc dirt bike.

Jpratt
07-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Just wondering if any of you out there have purchased any of the CNC performence parts from giobikes.com for the giovanni 125cc dirt bike, such as the Performance NO REV Racing CDI, the CNC Alloy Carb Spinner, the CNC Performance Exhaust for 125cc Dirt Bike, and the Performance Racing STATOR for 125cc Dirt.

Let me know if you have, and if it has improved the performence of your bike or it was just a waste of money.

If you have not purchased them but know about them feel free to post your thoughts.

suprf1y
07-08-2009, 03:40 PM
I have the CDI, and stator which I have not installed yet.
When I do, I will do a write up, and review.

Reveeen
07-08-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8371

1) the CDI, I have one coming, the feeling is no improvement (from some that have bought). Arrived: "Fox" brand, LED on outside, ABSOLUTELY no instructions, and if the hokey label with the graph on it is to be believed, no use to anybody.
2) the carb spinner is only useful if, for some reason, you are turning the intake (probably for another application, such as installing the motor in another chassis) I also understand the center hole is too small and must be opened up. I see on U-Tube some folks hanging the intake/carb out sideways, you would use this to do that, I figure I would smash such a set-up off, your mileage will vary. A fine example of poorly made Chinese JUNK,center hole too small, NO screws, or gasket(s).
3) the exhaust is only a muffler, probably louder, I snagged one for a GY6, because that one includes the headpipe, that I need for another project. One of the members here says the stock exhaust is fine, I'm inclined to believe him, though I might use it if I have to make (hack) an exhaust. Arrived: this one complete with gaskets!, NO SCREWS, GIO has (or seems to have) a "problem" with screws, it is a poorly made glass pack muffler (18" long) with a screen (spark arrestor) towards the necked down outlet end, stock set-up superior. The GY6 head pipe is very small diameter, suited for a 50cc GY6, not the 150cc GY6, it is little wonder that the power numbers are down on the Chinese GY6 engines.
4) the racing stator, I have one here, there is no lighting coil, and it comes with it's own CDI. In theory it should work good, it was mentioned that it should weigh the same as the clutch (on the other end of the crankshaft) or you will have crankshaft breakage, I have not weighed them. I DO need a lighting coil, so it is "out" for the project I'm working on. There are several reviews on U-Tube that you may/may not find interesting.

There is a "high performance" GY6 coil. It mounts on a single stud/bolt and might be useful in certain situations. Appears well made, with a decent spark plug end, and the high tension lead has a protector around it to prevent chafing.

There is a link, in the forum, for an EBay seller selling a Mikuni carb (and a jet size) for one of these bikes. I *think* it would be a good improvement over the stock carb, but I'm going to wait to see how the stock set-up works out for me.

Honda used/developed this design for years taking it as far as it would go reliably, improvements will be small, and could mess with this reliable.

This is what I have gathered on "easy" stuff, there are high compression pistons, and cam shafts available.

Takegawa.