PDA

View Full Version : Someone tell me what the shipping says to you for this ebay

katoranger
07-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Buyer is complaining that I changed the shipping price. Says it went from $12 at winning bid to $28 when they went to pay.

I showed $18 to ship to myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260443815374&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESOX%3AIT

Let me know what the shipping says to where you are at.

Allen

Jim
07-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Shipping and Handling To Service
US $49.15
98264, United States
UPS Ground
3 to 8 business days*
US $41.24
98264, United States
US Postal Service Parcel Post®
4 to 11 business days*

Maybe he had it set to the wrong zip code or something? Isn't this set by ebay?

katoranger
07-16-2009, 03:10 PM
It had to be set to the wrong zip or something. I check the shipping costs when I list to make sure it looks reasonable.

I will give the next bidder a chance on it.

FastDoc
07-16-2009, 03:10 PM
$41 to Washington State

katoranger
07-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Sent the buyer a link to this thread. They can see that something may be wrong with there settings on the calculator.

Allen

skip289
07-16-2009, 05:00 PM
I have bought several items from Ebay and never had any problems with shipping calculator.

From your location to Tx 75683
$26.36 UPS Ground
$25.50 USPS Parcel Post

The only way it would change is to use different zip codes.

katoranger
07-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Shipping from my zip to my zip showed $18. It must be a glitch or a mistake.

By the way did the gas tank arrive?

Allen

phil
07-16-2009, 10:34 PM
mine says 24.12 sounds about right, i have been looking at ways to ship myself or for my website, its tuff to figure

katoranger
07-16-2009, 11:31 PM
I don't know what the problem is. I met them partway.

Allen

katoranger
07-24-2009, 12:00 PM
I try to help them out and I get a neutral feedback with a lie in it saying I raised the shipping charges.

I asked for a revision and the seller added the comment about me raising the shipping charges.

Ebay is unwilling to remove it.

Jim
07-24-2009, 08:32 PM
you can respond to it i believe

TurboT
07-24-2009, 08:36 PM
I suppose you can't leave them feedback now either? I think they changed that some time ago.

Frustrating but I guess it could've been a negative which flags you in a worse manner.

katoranger
07-24-2009, 09:30 PM
No I can't leave a comment. I called ebay an they are investigating. I didn't except there first reponse. They told me feedback can't be removed. I said thats not good enough. Talked to the "supervisor" and got them to "investigate" it further after I explain the whole thing.

The statements in feedback are suppose to be factual. The buyer is not a good person. Obviously eas expecting things for free and not wanting to pay.

I will keep on them until its removed or changed.

Allen

TurboT
07-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Wait to you get the paypal grievance now.

katoranger
07-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Thats what I was thinking. I already filed to protect myself. The good news is that the evidence is in my favor. You can't change the shipping info after bids are placed.

Thats why I called and spoke to them at ebay so that they would investigate the buyer.

Allen

yozalo
07-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Well, first of all ebay has many idiotic buyers.

I once had a buyer for an small electronic item, he decided that he did not like the shipping price and gave me negative feedback. I told him that it was the price that the paypal shipping gave me but noo.... he said if I wanted to remove the feedback I would have to pay him half of the item value. I then called ebay and you know what.... they did not give a sh--. They told me there is nothing that they can do on there behalf, and they told me feedback is feedback.

katoranger
07-25-2009, 08:46 AM
They tried to give me that answer too. I didn't except it. I told them that a neutral is fine if the statement is true, but the statement in the feedback is a lie and not fair for the seller. I also told them about the seller trying to get cheaper shipping and using the negative feedback to get it. Supose to hear something in 3 days.

You need to keep on them. What the seller is doing is called feedback extortion.

I think what is funny is the feedback right before and after is the total opposite.

skip289
07-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Keep at it maybe you can actually get some results, Ive sold a few things on ebay and it's been my experience that they really don't care as long as thier fees keep coming in.

Most of my problems were from people with 10 or less feedback, but your customer had 113 when I looked, you would think by now they would understand how things work on ebay and know how to use a shipping calculator.

Wish you luck and hope it goes your way.

katoranger
07-25-2009, 12:13 PM
I will keep on them. I have had some problems, but the buyer/seller and I have been able to resolve them mutually and each leave a positive. Sometimes something is overlooked or lost or mislabled.

My new trimmer came missing parts. The seller is supposedly sending me replacements. When they arrive I will leave my positive feedback. Nobody intended to leave the parts out.

My description of the engine parts was to make there expectations low so that they were happy to find something better than expected.

Allen