PDA

View Full Version : Pemberton Riding Club -- Again

TurboT
07-20-2009, 03:06 AM
Hi Guys,

Thought I would share how happy I've been with the Giovanni Quads we have.

They have been up here in the hills and valleys of Pemberton, B.C., bouncing over rough grass; some short, some long, some dead and very uneven. Roaring up gravel roads, paved roads, and shh, don't tell the neighbour, some of his light aircraft runway. Since there has been no rain and it's been in the low to mid 30's(Celcius) for over a week, they've also inhaled a ton of dust I'm sure.

Through all this, they have kept going almost flawlessyly. They probably have about min 2-3 hours a day riding time for a week straight.

My daughters little pink 50cc has had no issues, other than my little one dumping it over. She somehow managed to do a slow roll off, and instead of just letting go, tried to hang on and dumped it into the grass. Pushed the levers around, but just a matter of twisting them back into place. It fired right up after and she, being 5 and a little traumatized, stayed off for a while but not for long. It had a slight battery cable problem, which was my own fault, which is now repaired. I noticed a slight rough idle on startup tonight, but nothing major, just needs a minor tune when back home.

The 110cc Mini Beast is a wonder to me. My 7 year old tears around on this thing non stop. Riding it at speeds that make me cringe a little, she has only knocked herself off once, otherwise she seems to handle it like a pro. Higher speed turns and good instincts for her age. Maybe I've found something she will excel at, but who knows where being a good quad rider would take her? At least she's enjoying herself and that is all that matters. Big beaming smiles the whole time. I can't believe how well it runs, I have not touched the carb or the spark plug at all since I've had it. It starts right up and runs without a hitch, barely even misses when running. It still has the farm repair swing arm bushing in it, and the chain has not fallen off and the back end seems solid still. Only thing I see wrong with this is the loose front axel, which I can't seem to keep tight.

My nephews 110cc Mini Hummer, now that I seemed to have sorted the loose wiring, has been going for 3 days now. Even with me on it, tooling around slowly with my girls when the YZ just seems to aggressive for my mood, has handled things smoothly. Some slight carb bogging tonight, but a little choke adjustment and some harder runs seemed to clean that out.

Sorry no pics this time, my wife forgot the camera cable to download the shots she's taken. Will try to post some more when back home.

All in all, the Gio Quads have been holding up well to the abuse the targeted rider throws at them. Very happy so far!

-TT

P.S. Now if Gio could just solve the Mosquito problem up here that would be great! ...be nice to sit outside in the evening and enjoy some frosty beers but too much risk of being carried away!

Weldangrind
07-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Good to hear that your Gios are capable performers. Have a great time!

On the mosquito issue, there is a solution. If you have a 10x10 easy-up, you can buy a screen kit from Princess that would keep the bugs out. I've considered buying one for our rides at Nickelmine.

TurboT
07-21-2009, 02:28 AM
No 10x10 easy up for me yet. There is this huge sundeck at the back of the house that overlooks the garden and meadow, it's a great spot, other than the wood just reflects the heat terribly during the day. At night, there seemed to be a gentle breeze blowing and it was nothing sort of spectacular, 'cept for the bugs, which ruined it. I'm going to be itchy for a week now!

..back home and ready to get back at work, hope to post the pics of our most recent adventures.

Next up for the quads is Calgary. Wife is heading there next week for some open prairie runs on the farm.

New Gio coming as well. Another 50cc in red for my wife's friend in Calgary. Will be putting it together for them this week, along with oil changes and carb tunes, bolt tightening on mine.