PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet Tractor restomod.

katoranger
08-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Since the tractor wreck we are getting it ready for it restoration/mods.

http://picasaweb.google.com/katoranger/Cub100?authkey=Gv1sRgCJnGo7Xgmo2WBw#

Cub Cadet 100 mutt tractor. This is the one I swapped for the little ATV.

It has a non stock kohler 12hp engine instead of the 10hp. 3 speed transmission. Bare bones cub with no options.

Plan is for it to be Cinderella blue and stock IH white combination with a custom 3 person seat sitting on later model cub 1250 fenders.

Also going to get a set of narrow tri ribs and rear ags.

I took the front end off the cub and pulled the engine. Need to replace the cracked oil pan and give the engine new paint and the muffler some high temp black.

Allen

katoranger
08-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Didn't get much done with it today. Only powerwashed the grease off.

Maybe tommorrow will get some pic updates. I know someone has to like tractors too.

TeamCheap
08-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Nice little tractor.

I have a new neighbor that said he'll give me his old craftsman tractor just as soon as he digs it out from the back of his garage.

I havnt worked on anything but the house in 5 weeks.

AZ200cc
08-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Paint it bright yellow :D

katoranger
08-03-2009, 10:11 PM
This one is going to be blue.

The other one will be yellow and white sometime.

I am watching a 3rd one that is already done.

Cal25
08-04-2009, 09:15 AM
ASeveral years ago a friend bought an older Cub from a lawnmower shop. Was told it had a broken rod. He took it home and the rod was not broken. It was a little low on compression and smoked a little. The charging system did not work either. Otherwise it was an exceptional tractor from what I saw. Pull a couple of easy to reach pins and the deck would slide out from under it. (he had to do it each time he put it in his shed). It was a Hydrostat and was plenty fast and powerfull enough that he could do a donut in the dirt with it. I think it had a 16hp horizontal in it.

If I was ever to come across something like that that was cheap enough and a good price, I would get it and throw the Craftsman away.

katoranger
08-04-2009, 04:39 PM
I got three right now. There is no comparison when it comes to anything built today.

I pulled 1800lbs of concrete pavers up the hill without a problem. It won't even strain.

My Dad has one with a loader on it.

Today I got some of the parts primered and the frame straightened where it hit the Jeep.

It is down to the frame right now. Awaiting some more primer and the blue paint. Then on to the engine which will get a new oil pan and gasket and then paint.

I have some fenders from a later model cub that I am going to fit on it. Will take alittle fab work.

Allen