PDA

View Full Version : New Utility Gio!

TurboT
08-14-2009, 02:00 AM
Was browsing the Gio site tonight and ran across his new big unit. Looks Sharp! As some of you may have read our other discussion about the Gio Lambo, this is more my style of Quad. I think it looks sharp!

Any thoughts?

http://www.giobikes.com/ATVs-in-Canada/GIO-500cc-4x4-Rock-Liner-ATV-Quad/

eflyersteve
08-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Looks good. I like a lot of the Gio quads, but they don't ship to the US do they? I feel kind of left out :cry:

cameron88
08-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Looks nice, but it does not have the normal Gio price tag, might as well buy a brand name at that price.

Weldangrind
08-14-2009, 11:10 AM
It does look good, and 500cc would rock. I would expect that this quad would fetch half of that selling price at auction, so is it worth $3000 to you?

If not, what about the 400cc units that are floating around? I saw a Baja 400 and a Yamaha Bruin 400 on the trail one day. The riders allowed me to have a good look at their machines, and they were exactly identical except for two items: the Baja had four headlights instead of two, and the Bruin had some sort of sensor on the left side (low oil pressure cutout maybe?). The area was there, but it had not been drilled and tapped on the Baja. The Bruin would be a good source for Baja 400 parts.

Crappy Tire was not the only company to carry a Bruin copy. I think that PR Industries had the same machine with a different name. I'd bet that you could pick one up for a lot less than $3000.

TurboT
08-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Well I'm not really in a position at the moment to buy a 3000-5000 quad, but it doesn't mean I don't like to oogle!

I do like the look of the new Gio, but I'd be hard pressed to shell out that kind of money for anything; Honda, Yamaha or Gio for that matter.

...but I'd definetely like to try it out!