PDA

View Full Version : Gio Bikes - John Dem

cameron88
09-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Well Gio has been good up till this point.
I ordered the performace shocks (full price) and exhaust and also bid and won a helmet.
The only thing they shipped was the helmet....

I ordered these parts and paid full price to get them in time for this weekends quad trip.
The only thing John has givin me is the shippers phone number to yell at him.....
I asked for over night shipping to get them to me in time yet all I get is a phone number that no one answers to yell at them....

I have emailed John again asking nicely to ship them over night with UPS as none of this is my fault and I did order and pay in full with plenty of time to have them shipped to me.

I can only hope John comes though and gets me the parts, but I am not feeling good about this.

My bigeest beef.. I pay a premium for shipping through them (cheaper if you look up the price by weight and size on UPS) and they still dont get me the parts.... yet the standard of service that UPS gives (2days delivery)

I fear this has ruined my last big quad trip of this year.....

Please pray for my parts to arrive :cry:

Weldangrind
09-02-2009, 10:46 AM
I assure you that I'm not trivializing your concerns. Do you need the performance shocks and exhaust for the ride this weekend, or can you still use the stock stuff?

The stock shocks are quite stiff, but they would get you through the weekend. I'm fully aware of how much better your ride would be with the new parts, I'd just hate to see you cancel over these parts.

How does the helmet fit?

cameron88
09-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Helmet Fits great, I must have measured correctly.

The problem is I have fractured my thumb on the last ride due to the hard hits from the front shocks, they are pretty much just springs and are complete crap.

True I can go out with the stockers, but I will be in pain, and will not be able to do as much riding as I would like to do. But hey you never know the new shocks may not make it any better anyway....

Good point W&G

Still does not address the fact that I made no error what so ever on ordering my parts, and the fact that I am getting a new quad next year means if I dont have them for this last good weekend there is no point in buying them at all.

althought John has admited it is thier fault, I have not recieved any type of compensation, like priority shipping...
I understand mistakes can be made, I make them my self all the time, I simply hope John at least tries to make it up by shipping the parts priority over night to me.

Weldangrind
09-03-2009, 01:47 AM
If you have new shocks on the way, you have nothing to lose with the stockers. How do you feel about heating up the coils to soften them? Be very careful, BTW.

TurboT
09-03-2009, 02:11 AM
As much as I'm a fan of John and his inexpensive product, I've found when I've been in a hurry for parts they can never get to me fast enough. They do tend to ship the quads quicker than the parts. Not sure why that is, but I've experienced a couple times. Your story is weird, if you bought directly from the site I think they come quicker than if you speak to John directly.. I think this is probably because through the site it's automated, and when speaking to John he is buried in emails and might not get to them as quickly. Can't blame the guy must be lots going on but frustrating when you're hoping for the parts.

cameron88
09-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Well I did not get my parts, but still had a blast this weekend. Almost broke a leg, scratched up my arm and went all over the place. I must say the Beast does its job, but is to light for some hills and can be a pain to keep the front wheels down. Ill post a few pics when I get them off the Camera.

I will never promote or buy a Gio again due to Johns response and customer service.
He tried to tell me it takes 5 days to pick parts plus shipping......( its in the terms and I know this)
I guess he cant add as I waited over 8 days total not including the 2 days before my trip that I was asking him to get me the parts by (ups ships in 2 days to my location)
Not to mention his email was simply ignorent, his only excuse- they are reorganizing thier warehouse...I bet this is an excuse he uses every time.
His shipper out right LIED to me telling me it was already shipped, I called UPS and to no suprise they had no packages only billing info.
I asked John for a straight answer as UPS says they have no package yet, and his shipper says it was sent a few days ago... Johns response "This is what it is. Will have to wait." very poor customer service and relations.

I wish I had known Gio and John treated their customers like this as I would not have promote him to my friends.

I will be selling my Beast to get the father in laws old 4x4 this way I dont have to deal with Gio or John Dems again.

Dont get me wrong, the Gio line is good for the money, but customer service is crap and you will never get a straight answer out of them.

Weldangrind
09-10-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with John. He's always been prompt and courteous with me.

The one possibility that comes to mind is that perhaps someone else was checking John's email while he was on vacation. Who knows.

VinceDrake
09-11-2009, 02:55 PM
I feel your pain... Waiting for parts is a frustrating and annoying experience!

That being said-- Anyone who has ever ordered Yamaha parts in my town will know, It is *not* purely confined to China-built imports!

Minimum of 2 week waiting time, and after the 2 weeks, you might get a phone call telling you the parts are "obsoleted!"

To sum up-- You didn't get your parts in time for the long weekend. I understand, and offer you my sympathy. But there are many, many other brands out there that are much, much worse.

--Vince

Reveeen
09-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Anyone who has ever ordered Yamaha parts

My local Yamahaha dealer is a joke. The guys working there are great, but between a phone/voice mailbox system that doesn't work (I'd get better results phoning NASA for parts), and a stock room that contains about a $1.99 worth of parts (I have never been able to go in and physically buy ANYTHING without ordering it), it has almost become too bothersome to do any business there.

warrior91
09-13-2009, 08:54 PM
My uncle owned a Yam/Suz/Arctic Cat/Mercury/Lund dealership. New sales are right now. Warranty and parts were a week late every time.
I bought mail order parts and worked on my rides myself...even having a close relative got me no more than a "good price "on a NEW bike. Service was adaquate at best... :roll:
You would think that repair is the money maker and timely parts and quick turnover would make more money than selling 4??? new bikes/sleds and a boat motor package per week...but I don't own a Stealersh....er..dealership.

Reveeen
09-14-2009, 07:46 AM
I fully understand new motorcycle "flooring plans" (or where the distributor jams your floor with new bikes for "free"), and I understand that parts have to be paid for before they leave the distributor (along with the shipping). But, I always considered the money to be made in parts sales (at least 100% markup), and service, to be better money than new sales?

cameron88
09-15-2009, 10:12 AM
You guys seem to mis understand me.

I have ordered parts from Blackfoot motor cycle, and yes it takes a couple weeks, BUT THE TELL YOU OUT RIGHT.
They dont say 5 days plus shipping and then send it 2 weeks later like Gio has done to me, they dont lie out right to their customers, and they dont give lousy excuses and null answers.
Although it can take weeks and they dont stock parts THEY TELL YOU UP FRONT!

Honesty goes a long way in customer service. The fact that Gio admited it was thier problem they refused to do anything about it is an issue. With a brand name dealer if they make a mistake they will admit it and try to make it up, like giving %10 dicounts, priority shipping etc..

If they said out right it takes 3 weeks to get these parts I would be fine with it.
I do not like to deal with liars, really who does?

Cameron

Reveeen
09-15-2009, 01:34 PM
You guys seem to mis understand me.

I understand you fine.................

It seems to me:
1) GIO has what I call a "shipping cycle", I would say Wednesday, and Friday, it may be different, but this is what I see here: shipments twice a week.
2) I have bought some stuff from GIO, and the shipping is anything but consistent, sometimes 7 days, sometimes 10, sometimes 12, you get the idea.
3) I am sure what I see is related to volume, one guy (or 2) can only "pick" so much stuff, and UPS can, at times, drag their feet a bit (moving high $ freight, and using the low $ freight for filler).

Now, it is unfortunate your stuff did not arrive exactly when it was wanted, and in the same situation I might be "pi55ed", but being an "old fella" (with high blood pressure) I try not to let this kind of stuff bother me, at least too much.

VinceDrake
09-15-2009, 07:52 PM
I apologize if I am being contrary, but the Yamaha dealer *and* the Kawasaki dealer have treated me worse. (And there's only one of each for 100miles around here.)

'Course that's part of the reason I run an old Honda now....

--Vince

phil
09-15-2009, 09:24 PM
i feel bad for both sides i can say its a pain not to get parts in a timely fashion, i can also say its a pain to try to get things together,,,,,,someday im going to say how hard it was to get the zong parts up and going and how a lot of work went into getting such a great site for the parts,,but now im not even going to bring that up. im already shaving my head to keep my from pulling it out :oops:

TurboT
09-15-2009, 11:09 PM
i feel bad for both sides i can say its a pain not to get parts in a timely fashion, i can also say its a pain to try to get things together,,,,,,someday im going to say how hard it was to get the zong parts up and going and how a lot of work went into getting such a great site for the parts,,but now im not even going to bring that up. im already shaving my head to keep my from pulling it out :oops:

Hey Phil,

If you need any development assistance on the site, let me know. I have excellent programmers at my disposal.

-T.

TurboT
09-15-2009, 11:10 PM
I apologize if I am being contrary, but the Yamaha dealer *and* the Kawasaki dealer have treated me worse. (And there's only one of each for 100miles around here.)

--Vince

Being the only dealer of either for 100 miles around probably allows them to be poor in the customer service arena, no other show in town. You need a Yamaha part, he's where you *HAVE* to go.

MrJ
09-17-2009, 07:21 AM
I guess I've been dealing with John Dem All Starz sales for about 3 years now. Being a site adminiistrator on another chinese motorsport site I got to work with John on a few issues personal, forum related and other members problems I acted as a liasion. First of all let me state that I have never recived any freebies or asked for them. In fact asked that I not be shown any favoritism. I have also had some problems with the Gio mini hummer we had. John Dem is a business person. The shipping company he uses leads a little to be desired but his perogative. Mr Dem I am sure has been burned a few times over the years by a few of his customers and thus is protective of his economical future. I have found that John is fair to deal with if you explain the facts truthfully and dont try to hide anything, dont push it in his face. The nautre of the Chinese made motorsport I am sure his email box sees some hate mail. I think customers need to think about the business owners side also and not just their own issues. John Dem will work with you, I have discovered honesty is always the best policy in dealing with John Dem or anyone.

:lol: NOW CAN I GET MY FEEBIES JOHN :lol:
:!: JUST JOKING :!:

boost_addict
09-20-2009, 11:51 PM
I've bought several things from John at Gio, and I've never had any problems, a few times parts were missing or parts I had bought didn't fit quite correctly and he was always quick to respond and help me get the correct parts.

Reveeen
10-06-2009, 05:58 AM
For informational purposes ONLY:

My latest GIO order Paid for on Sept 27. Billing info received by UPS Sept 29. UPS actually picked it up at the GIO warehouse Oct 5 and it started moving this way Oct 6. (today)

I am not upset, it is a bunch of parts. but here we have an order that took 2 days to "pick", and sat waiting 6 days for UPS to pick up. I am assuming that it will take 7 days to get here (from the 5th).

UPS tracking number: I can supply a tracking number on request. PM me

I do not know "the deal" GIO has with UPS, it might be "truckload quantity", it sure looks like it. I have had stuff show up here in 7 days from the payment date, so we can only assume things are slow in GIO land.

Due to arrive tomorrow the 13th of October. So in total, 16 days since my credit card was "hit", makes you wonder how fast you would get snow blower parts?

cameron88
10-28-2009, 12:55 PM
I have been honest with John at every communication, professional and curtious.

As stated before, I have no issues waiting for parts if I am told it will be 1 week 1 month 2 months etc.
I dont like liars, and basicly thats what John and his shipper did, Lied to my face when confronted about thier shipping.

I do have to admit John was very helpfull for all other issues I had, shipped out replacement parts right away.

I have since ordered more parts (broke a few things last trip but no bones!) and I will have no problem waiting as it was stated up front they are on back order.

All I am saying is honesty goes a long way in customer care, I am sure no one can argue that fact.

As for my performace shocks on the Beast.... Huge difference not the same atv at all. I cant believe what a difference these have made, the atv corners and handles so much better, plus I can lean in more on hills now as there is more movement. The stockers are complete junk, I cant believe I even used them now that I know what real shocks are about!
I also installed the performance exhaust, but honestly it did nothing for HP or sound, the only thing that helped was the look.

TurboT
10-28-2009, 01:04 PM
As for my performace shocks on the Beast.... Huge difference not the same atv at all. I cant believe what a difference these have made, the atv corners and handles so much better, plus I can lean in more on hills now as there is more movement. The stockers are complete junk, I cant believe I even used them now that I know what real shocks are about!
I also installed the performance exhaust, but honestly it did nothing for HP or sound, the only thing that helped was the look.

So you like the shocks but not the exhaust. There is some discussion about some leaking shocks in ATV section. Have you experienced this on your shocks?

I'm assuming you have the Mikuni on your bike as well as the exhaust?

cameron88
10-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Hey TurboT,

Yeah I have the CDI, and mikuni carb. I got them right away with the atv but did not install them untill after breakin and a few rides so I could see the difference it made, and it made a big difference.

I like the exhaust, but I am glad I got it at auction for $20, cause its not worth the full price considering it does nothing but improve looks.

I have had no issues with my shocks yet, they were already loaded and all I did was install and ride. I paid full price for them as I needed them before a trip, but did not get them in time, really wish I would have waited on the auction as it would have saved me around $90, ended up paying $160 for them but they were still worth it. Just ordered the rear one, and hope it works as well as the front 2.
Even if I do have issues with the shocks I know John will take care of it for me, he has been good in this area every time I have contacted him.

Reveeen
11-09-2009, 11:27 AM
For informational purposes ONLY:

Latest GIO order:

Paid for Nov 5, picked, and shipped the 6th, due to arrive the 16th.

Tracking number available on request.

Received the 13th, short shipped 1 carburetor!

Details VERY sketchy on how this is going to be handled. I have been told I am getting a "refund" (no $ numbers)

My reply:
John:

Order #24917 consisted of $9 of product with a "delivered to my door total" of $69.82, or an "upcharge" of $60.82 including tax of $7.48.
The only possible way I can continue to buy from you is multiple item shipping, which in this case, clearly did not work, due to no fault on my part.
I am depending on you to "make this right".

Thanks

From John:
Refunded amount was final bid + auction fee + tax. There is no shipping refunded for this part as it was free for the other items.

On the 16th a 2 lb package has been sent to me, there has been no communication as to what this package contains, it could be very well the "missing" carb. We will have to wait and see.

On Nov 24 I received the missing carb, as to the charges, I do not have a clue. A memory card storage box was thrown as a "freebie".

Conclusion:
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Hit and miss (all I can say about it).

PCD
12-02-2009, 03:48 AM
I will tell you the latest trick, or let’s just say 'account misunderstanding" I have experienced lately.

Second chance offers. Be wary. They can be counted as unpaid auctions it seems.

I used to purchase multiple items over a 5 day period, as per the rules. Sometimes I got up to 6 or 7 somehow, then combined them to save a LOT of money on shipping.

Well, I guess I pissed someone off because all of a sudden I could only bid on ONE item and once it was in the cart waiting, NO bidding allowed because I had 3 "unpaid" auctions.

After digging around I finally noticed 2 second chance offers, one right after another, BOTH on rear shocks (I never did purchase one).

When I confronted GIO about this, he told me I had unpaid auctions but the only 'unpaid" auctions I EVER had was the second chance things and a 6 buck toolkit for the bike I REFUSED to pay 28 bucks shipping on instead of the usual 18 bucks on single little items. It was a mistake on his shipping page and I told him this. The set of screwdrivers weighed 3lbs. So almost 30+6+5+4=$45.00 on $6.00 item (remember I was not allowed to combine any longer because I had to pay out one before I could bid on another, otherwise I couldn’t have cared less).

Before I go any further, I have EVERY SINGLE EMAIL & REPLY I have ever sent John, well over 100 since Sept. Now, I sent him 10 emails about this, explaining it so simply a child could understand. Nobody, but NOBODY could be so obtuse as to not understand the situation. It was never rectified and my opinion is that it was deliberate.

Last week I tried once again and the situation was not rectified, so the one item I did win can sit in the cart and rot.

In the past John has been very helpful, even sending a replacement for my cracked swing arm and why he shipped me a "new" 2009 Gio Beast on Oct 07/2009, manufactured in April of 08, so I certainly wont badmouth GIO, but I’m done.

waynev
12-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Sorry to hear about all your troubles PCD, i've placed 23 orders worth about $6000 since august 2009 and for me my only troubles were 1 helmet shipped the wrong color ( helmet was sent back to GIO on GIO tab and was refunded since no small's were left in stock ), 1 small electric scooter damaged in shipping ( replaced for $30 from GIO ), and the famous leaking shocks ( replaced for $25 from GIO ). So all in all i have got tons of stuff with very minimal problems overall.

As for the "new" 2009 beast manufactured in april 08 all i can say is 2 months ago i could buy a 2010 car model at the local dealership and i bet it was made a few months before that.
It's like the "new" 2010 GIO ATV models that have been for sale for 3 months, so if someone buys one in late 2010 it can be expected that it might have been built in mid 09.

TurboT
12-02-2009, 11:28 PM
I've had a similar issue with the SCO's affecting my total amount of items. Some of them had even dissapeared after a day (and not the 3-5 it says) so I never even had a chance to complete the sale.

I choose to not let it bother me much, as really, to my house here Gio shipping is reasonable.

I just chalked this up into a 'bug' in the website. With it doing some many things and built from the ground up, there are bound to be some issues that would be resolved over time. I never really thought of it as an 'intentional' problem to push repeat buyers into more shipping, and more irritation.

waynev: That's a handsome sum you've spent with Gio! Perhaps you should discuss some share options at this point. ;)

waynev
12-03-2009, 07:36 AM
waynev: That's a handsome sum you've spent with Gio! Perhaps you should discuss some share options at this point. ;)

It started innocently with a quad for my son, then dad got tired or running behind him holding the tether, so daddy got the 110cc T1 Rebel ( my best atv in the stable ) and a remote start/stop but it was a little small so the girlfriend now rides it and then i got the beast, of course i had to get all the hop-up parts ( for all 3 quads), helmets and goggles for everyone and along the way picked up 6 of the 49cc dirt bikes ( 4 for a buddy ) and a 125cc dirt bike and lots of spare parts to boot.

So all in all i spent the same amount as i did when i bought my first new 440cc fan cooled snowmobile in 1993 for $5500, so 1 toy or a garage full of toys, i think i made the right choice, but i think my auction addiction has come to an end, there is really nothing more that i need, i wish gio would start auctioning off sheds, i'm in need of a big one, lol.

GIOBikes
12-25-2009, 12:11 AM
To clear up some points. SCO does not consider as unpaid, the unpaid problem mentioned was a temporary glitch that was resolved.

SCOs are optional to buy or not to buy. They will expire in 48 hours once sent.