PDA

View Full Version : I got a 2008 SunL SL200-2 and I need help!

Matt32541
09-05-2009, 01:44 AM
Hey, I am new on CR and I would like some help.
I just got a 2008 SunL SL200-2 and I am having trouble with it.I try with my electric start and the motor tries to turn for 1-2 seconds when it stops and the solenoid starts clicking rapidly, sometimes it doesn't try to turn at all it just clicks. I just replaced the battery, checked the terminals and connections. Would it be the starter? I am not sure, or would it be just the solenoid need replacing? If you know I would appreciate it alot.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a body piece??? Like I looked forever, All I need is the fairing/plate underneith the seat that hits the tail light for the right side. And I can't seem to find it. It specifically covers the battery. And SunL site is wierd, and doesn't really give you variety in spare parts.

One last thing, whats it mean if the kickstart is stuck sometimes when it get's kicked its real loose and the motor doesn't do anything???

Sorry I am not mechanic, and alot of people would start talking down upon Chinese bikes but I know some people out there enjoy them like me. Thanks alot. :)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Matt32541/sunlbike.jpg

Weldangrind
09-07-2009, 01:10 AM
I'll address the electric starting issue by saying that the solenoid is quite likely. It wouldn't hurt to make sure that all electrical connections are tight.

sprocket
09-07-2009, 03:25 AM
your symptoms sounds typical of a solenoid not getting enough electricity to stay engaged, check your connections. make sure your battery terminals are on tight. also check your earth strap.

Matt32541
09-07-2009, 06:10 PM
What's an earth strap?

Weldangrind
09-08-2009, 12:44 AM
That's British for ground wire. :lol: