PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a gio mini beast 110 cc?

sallyman1
10-17-2009, 09:25 AM
anyone have the gio 110 mini beast? I ordered it with the upgraded mikuni carb. it doesnt seem to fit . the fuel drain plug and hose hits the intake pipe.

sallyman1
10-17-2009, 10:03 AM
also 2 wires pulled out of the RH bAR DURING SHIPMENT. cant seem to take it apart to reattach.any1 else see this? i think the rh bar is for the rear brake light or are both bars for the rear light?

also what should a guy run in the 110 beast? 10w30 engine oil, 15w40 diesel engine oil or motorcycle oil? whats the difference because to me a 4 stroke engine is a 4 stroke engine. also is there another plug to check for tranny or gearbox on these or is engine oil the only thing to worry about?

Reveeen
10-17-2009, 11:43 AM
the RH bAR??????????

4 stroke engine is a 4 stroke engine

Yes a 4 stroke engine is a 4 stroke engine, but your specific 4 stroke engine has a "wet" clutch, adding oil with additives that are called "friction modifiers" will cause your clutch to slip.

Walmart will sell you 4 stroke Castrol "motorcycle oil" for $4.50 a liter. Your engine holds about 3/4 of a liter, and yes, engine oil is shared with the transmission.

I do not own a 110cc mini-beast and have no idea how the carb could "hit".

sallyman1
10-17-2009, 11:47 AM
thanks. i will try and post a pic soon. i mean on the handlebar the right hand grip/brake group. there is electrical wires pulled out of the brake handle. is it for the rear tail brake/light?

Reveeen
10-17-2009, 11:57 AM
On (or below) the brake master cylinder, kind of below the brake handle, there is two mini spade type connectors that plug into the brake light switch located in the same area. I have no idea if it, in your case is a molded plug, because I don't own one, but I have the same master here, and that's what I have.

It will turn on the rear brake light, but too, it may be hooked into your starting system, so that the brake has to be applied to run the electric start.

boost_addict
10-17-2009, 04:25 PM
i had the same problem with the 110cc hummer quad i bought and the upgraded carb for it. but i ordered another upgraded carb and the fuel drain comes out the side so it cleared just fine. I ended up just putting the carb i took off my 125cc dirtbike on the 110cc hummer

sallyman1
10-17-2009, 06:40 PM
thats the problem. i am a HD mechanic and i cant get it to fit. the guy at GIOBIKES website says it has to fit. well sorry it doesnt. also my quad came without the tether strap at the back of unit. i have to pay for shipping again to get it. if u ask me i shouldnt pay anything.