PDA

View Full Version : baja 90cc

mikeraposo
11-16-2009, 01:34 PM
dose anyone know any good mods that i can do to my baja 90 its a 2001 and still runs good just would like to get some more power out of thanks :twisted:

Weldangrind
11-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah, tons! :lol:

A photo would help us to know for sure, but I presume that the engine is a horizontal Honda clone. It probably shipped with the horrible two-stroke pipe despite being a four-stroke (no, I'm not kidding). The stock pipe we had extended down too far towards the ground, then it curved up into an expansion pipe, which subsequently necked down to a tiny pipe, then back up to the muffler. Does that sound like yours? If so, this will wake your bike right up:

http://www.giobikes.com/images/products/516/516/1.2.jpg

The carb is a little small for the engine, so a carb upgrade is a good idea. This would likely be a good performer, even though it's sized for a 125.

http://www.giobikes.com/images/products/221/221/1.2.jpg

An intake tube that places the carb 45 degrees form the engine would help alot. The stock intake is too small and points back towards the rear tire, allowing it to clog with mud. 45 degrees out helps kep it clean, and it's much larger. I don't have a photo of that available right now.

A good free flowing air filter like a Uni or a K&N would also help.

Beyond that, you can either bolt in a 125 (or even a 140) engine, or you can start playing with a racing coil and hp cam. Have fun!

mikeraposo
11-17-2009, 12:59 PM
thanks i will get started on all that and keep you posted

katoranger
11-17-2009, 09:21 PM
I have a stock baja 90 also. Those tips will help and the parts are easy to find. If you really want more power you could swap in a 125-140cc engine.

Allen

mikeraposo
11-18-2009, 03:22 PM
do you know of any jap parts that i can put on the baja 90

katoranger
11-18-2009, 03:25 PM
do you know of any jap parts that i can put on the baja 90

I believe the frame/body are clone from the yamaha pw80. The engine is honda clone.

Parts for the typical honda horizontal should work. www.dratv.com has alot of parts for the engine.