PDA

View Full Version : A ride report from China

Jim
01-02-2010, 11:56 PM
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492852&highlight=southern+china

You should check this one out...

SpudRider
01-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Thank you for the great link, Jim. :) I enjoyed reading this ride report; the photographs are wonderful! :)

I am intrigued by the large fuel tank, wide seat, and luggage panniers supplied with the Shineray GY-7; however, I wish this motorcycle had a monoshock. From a mechanical perspective, I still don’t trust the GY-7’s infamous “snapping” triple tree! I was also disappointed that Mike’s brand new motorcycle arrived with a faulty stator, and a broken engine mount bolt. In addition, Mike certainly had a lot of mechanical problems during his trip. :(

Spud :)

Cal25
01-03-2010, 10:27 AM
I remember when he was on this forum talking about the first bike when it was new. I too like the bike. Even the dual shocks dont scare me. After all, some of the mono shock bikes have issues with improper geometry or shock/spring selection resulting in less than stellar performance.

Jim
01-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Why would the dual shocks scare you? I know you said they wouldn't, but why would they possibly? The way I look at it, they are less attractive to look at, but everything else on that design seems easier... If you need to change a shock, it's going to be easier. The design is easier. It also, to me, seems like it would put less stress on the swing arm bolt and pivot points, as well as the front of the swing arm, since it isn't levering a few inches from the bolt. I'm not an expert, but it just seems like that's how it would work out...

I actually haven't had a chance to read the report yet, I just looked at the pictures and said wow, I have to post this, and read it later.