PDA

View Full Version : Flywing front sprocket mounting?

tokarev
01-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Bought a flywing 100cc that had a couple problems - one of them is the front sprocket (engine) wasnt mounted securely - What I need is a picture or drawing showing what hardware holds the sprocket on the output shaft of the transmission. I think its missing some of the mounting hardware.

waynev
01-03-2010, 05:18 PM
If you mean you can wiggle it around a bit, then that is normal, my GIO 125cc wiggles around too and is normal even when the two bolts holding it on are tight. Not sure if they are usually tight on other bikes, but i've been told the wiggle on my bike is normal.

tokarev
01-03-2010, 05:36 PM
It seemed to wiggle alot - theres the trans shaft, the sprocket, the oblong sheet metal stamping and two bolts. Was I missing a part .....

waynev
01-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Nope, thats all mine had on it too, i also thought it was moving alot but weldandgrind told me it was normal, his son had the 125cc bike same as mine for quite awile and the wiggle in the front sprocket was also present on his bike.

tokarev
01-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Well I guess I will proabaly replace the sprocket to start new and see what happens.

Weldangrind
01-04-2010, 02:09 AM
You're right Waynev.

The sprocket shaft (or counter shaft) is designed to allow a little forgiveness in the event of a slightly bent rear sprocket, or a rear wheel that isn't tracking quite right. That's been Honda's approach since the early Seventies.