PDA

View Full Version : Got another question..... bad news.

Rago
01-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Well I just seem to be full of questions, but you guys always seem to have good answers. :D

I let my wife take the Maxfine out the other day for a spin & somehow she managed to let the bike get away from her. :cry: I didn't get to see it happen because she was just around the bend when it happened, but from the looks of it she must have been stopped & dropped the clutch or ??? I have no idea what because I can't get it to pull the front wheel for the life of me, but somehow she got it to land on the rear fender. In the aftermath of this mess, the rear turn signal, taillight assembly, & lower rear fender were destroyed. The luggage rack got a small scratch, the left handlegrip got tore, & somehow the clutch lever is bent pretty bad. I did manage to straighten out the clutch lever, although you can still tell it was bent.

Here is the before pic, I will upload how it looks now as soon as I get my camera working right.
http://i12.servimg.com/u/f12/13/72/08/44/bike10.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement taillight/license plate assembly? I've seen several on Ebay, but the all seem to be made for taillights located under the fender. My fender has a raised section with 3 holes to mount the assembly. You can see it pretty clearly from this pic's angle. If I can swap on a different rear fender, that would be the best solution I'm thinking. Anyone have some suggestions?

Rago
01-27-2010, 02:31 PM
I did find this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTORCYCLE-LED-INTEGRATED-BRAKE-TAIL-LIGHT-TURN-SIGNAL_W0QQitemZ170408360532QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMot orcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item27ad213a54

Wonder if I could make it work?

katoranger
01-27-2010, 03:45 PM
That rear fender looks alot honda. Like XL. 1970s/80 vintage.

Sorry about the speedo cable, but now seeing your bike I don't know if it would fit.

AZ200 had one of those. Not real common.

Allen

Rago
01-27-2010, 03:54 PM
That rear fender looks alot honda. Like XL. 1970s/80 vintage.

Sorry about the speedo cable, but now seeing your bike I don't know if it would fit.

AZ200 had one of those. Not real common.

Allen

The previous owner said it was a Honda XL clone too. Let me get some better pics. My engine is identical to yours right down to the exhaust routing. There are a few pics of your Lifan that just look the same as my bike so I figured it would work. No worries on the speedo cable.

katoranger
01-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Past experience with speedo cables shows that the chinese used many different ones.

Looking at some late 70s honda xls the fender and light look to be real close. Likely a good match. Honda didn't use that large extension.

The maxfine was a closer match to the xl than most GY2 variants. The metal tank and seat had the same lines.

Allen

AZ200cc
01-28-2010, 12:30 AM
A speedo cable off a Roketa worked great for me, But mine was a 200cc trailmaster. These bikes are rare now and a fender will be very hard to find. They were unique in the chinese DS world. You're going to have to find a close enough match perhaps off a honda and do some man work. I would scour craiglist for a broken one and see if they would part it out.

Oh and by the way, These bikes look great without the gray plastics on the tank :wink:

Cal25
01-28-2010, 08:02 AM
If it were me , I would first just remove the fender extention and see how it looks. It is a common early modification many peeple do.

Rago
01-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Wow, I really wish I wouldn't have scored a rarity, lol. Anyways, I'll try the Roketa speedo cable. Worst thing that could happen is it doesn't fit & I'm out a few bucks.

I'll check around for some Honda XL parts & see if I can make them fit, but don't worry the wife already ripped most of the fender extension off! I think there's one small piece still connected & the bolts are still hanging. :( If I can't find a Honda XL taillight assembly, I'm going to buy the one posted in the link above & make it work.

So AZ200cc, is there anything I can do for this bike other than ride it? Since it's now getting tore into, I might as well go ahead with performance goodies & whatnot. Also still wondering if this is a 150cc or 200cc engine. I'm still pretty sure it's a Lifan motor, everything looks identical.... :?

katoranger
01-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Going with the badging I would venture its a 150. Also look at the lower portion of the cylinder on the left side. The displacement is stamped there alot of times.

Allen

AZ200cc
01-29-2010, 02:12 AM
...Yah it is the smaller CC motor. And it is a Loncin not A lifan :D They are very good bikes, But plastics and other decorative parts are just not around. As far as power I did not have mine long enough to mess with it. It was fine the way it was. Most old XL parts like tanks and fenders and etc can probably work with a little work.

You can see how differant the motors are here
http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/44505/2247569440104839847S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2247569440104839847OgCVCQ)

She was a good bike :)