PDA

View Full Version : Roketa 200 ATV

TheRealWorld
02-01-2010, 11:44 PM
I would like you all to look over the details on this ATV and just give me a limited opinion of it. I have found a dealer who said if I wanted to be his Guinea pig, he might be able to get me one for $1200 total and I will have to assemble it. I don't know anything else, other than what we can see at this site.

http://www.roketa.com/product/6/0/14609.shtml

FastDoc
02-02-2010, 12:36 AM
As you can tell ther is not a lot of information there. Looks like an OHV Lifanoid. I like the disc brake, and the remote reservoir shocks. But, as we know, that does not meant that the shocks will ride well. It's a nice looking bike, a nice combination of sporty and 'practical'. $1,200 delivered is in the ballpark. You might be able to shop around and save $150 or so but if there is a 'dealer' that will support the product that would make the deal for me.

waynev
02-02-2010, 06:24 AM
Yep doesn't look too bad, those shocks look identical to the ones i used to upgrade my beast, i like the way the rear swingarm bolts to the chassis, better than my beast, the 2010 GIO 200 is the same way. Looks like you may only need the mikuni carb if the stocker doesn't work well.

TheRealWorld
02-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the input, I had much the same ideas. I have heard some things about Roteta, they are hard to get a feel for quality consistency. The dealer is fairly new but he is confident and says parts are no problem. I may know more about parts than he does.

katoranger
02-02-2010, 08:35 AM
It looks okay. I don't like the exhaust. The lowest part of the pipe is lower than the frame. A log could crush it.

Roketa is about 50/50, but having the guy there local is a plus.

What are your planned uses?

Allen

TheRealWorld
02-02-2010, 09:25 AM
I plan to use it around the farm as a shuttle to and from fields and anywhere except the woods. As some of you know I am a careful shopper so I won't rush out and buy it. If the consensus is that it is worth a try, I will order it. The dealer does not have it on hand, and he has only sold one ATV in the past. He has had Roketa for about 4 years. He sells Scooters!

PoManzATV
02-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Yes, that exhaust routing is a bit awkward. Weird that they couldn't route it more conventionally along side the engine with a shield to protect your leg. The squared tubing front control arms and rear swing arm are different too. Regardless, it doesn't look bad for $1200 out the door. I'd really hesitate to go much over a grand, maybe $1200 absolute max.

Joel

Weldangrind
02-02-2010, 10:21 AM
I'd bet that the Beast performance exhaust would be a bolt-on, although one of us would likely have to buy it on your behalf and then ship it to you. Alternatively, perhaps one of the guys who bought a Beast performance pipe would part with the original stock pipe. It's not great, but it routes around the engine instead of under it.

http://www.giobikes.com/images/products/031/31/7.2.jpg

TheRealWorld
02-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Weldangrind , I want the ATV in that pic! How are we going to make that happen?

Weldangrind
02-02-2010, 10:47 AM

I sent you a PM.

TheRealWorld
02-02-2010, 11:28 AM
I can't stand bureaucratic nonsense, and there is no good reason I can"t buy one of these. I will look into dealing with the bureaucracy. Thanks for the info.

Anyone know why these are not imported to the US?

katoranger
02-02-2010, 11:33 AM
The beast does look alot better than the roketa.

You could make a Canadian fishing trip and come back with one.

Allen

waynev
02-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Anyone know why these are not imported to the US?

I've heard it's because they are not EPA approved

TheRealWorld
02-02-2010, 01:40 PM
I am a bit of a radical, but I do not like the EPA or the ATF, and most of these heavy handed bureaucracies! We have a great Constitution, but our elected officials continue to abuse it.

TurboT
02-02-2010, 01:50 PM

Keep in mind the Beast in the pic is the fully loaded model, with all the upgrades done. Even the wheels. They don't come out of the box looking like that. However, I think you could make it look like that for less than 1200 bucks though.

waynev
02-02-2010, 02:43 PM
One other thing to remember is in a few months there will be no more Beasts for sale at GIO as the 2010 T3 200cc model is already out, there is only 1 color left for the beasts and only a few on auction everyday and when their gone, their gone. The T3 does look better though and front disc brakes too :)

TheRealWorld
02-02-2010, 07:04 PM
I know, but I appreciate your help. I have a hunch some may not have realized it.

MICRider
02-02-2010, 07:47 PM
I agree with Waynev... The T3 looks like a better machine, I noticed them right after I bought my Beasty... Doh! It's cool though, the Beast is still fun to horse around on.

TheRealWorld
02-02-2010, 08:21 PM
So will an American be able to get the T3. And what kind of logic is it when you have all the positive followers of the Beast, and now it won't be available.

Sounds like something American government is in charge of!

TheRealWorld
02-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Where can I get some pictures of the new T3 and maybe some specs?

MICRider
02-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Where can I get some pictures of the new T3 and maybe some specs?

Gio site shows them and has the specs... You still can't get them in the States though. I hope they are made better than the Beasts.

TurboT
02-02-2010, 08:42 PM
So will an American be able to get the T3. And what kind of logic is it when you have all the positive followers of the Beast, and now it won't be available.

Sounds like something American government is in charge of!

Again chap, the Beast is still a work in progress when you get it. There's a lot of issues that you need to work on when you get them. You read so much of the Beast here because I think there are 10 of us here in the forums with them, and we're all tinkering and sharing our experiences. It's popular because it's very cheap for what it is, and Gio has supported it with performance upgrades and such.

The T3 has an updated body kit and some newer features. GIO has been selling the Beast for 3 years now, and he probably feels it's time for a new updated 200cc model.

I don't want to spread rumours, but I believe Gio used to sell into the US and got sued over something, so just pulled out. It could be a combination of that and EPA ratings?? I really don't know the true story. I think if you knew someone in Canada, you could ship to them, then pick up and drive it across the border.. I'm not sure if you'd get turned away or not if it's in the back of your truck coming in.

TurboT
02-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Just for easy searching for you:
http://www.giobikes.com/ATVs-in-Canada/2010-GIO-Rebel-T3-200cc-ATV--Full-Size/

FastDoc
02-02-2010, 08:49 PM
I'd bet that Canadian and US EPA restrictions are the same (look at all the 'American cars' assembled and sold in Canada). I bet the issue with GIO is something else. Taxes, politics, legal... :?:

waynev
02-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Well if you look at the pics in post #1 you will see that weird exhaust, but i also see a hose going near it, i wonder if it has the catalytic converting and that air pump like PoManzATV's 110cc did, if so that is probably for EPA approval whereas the GIO's don't have any of that stuff. It's very possible that they can ship from china to canada but not to the US because of that and hence that once in canada they are not allowed by law to ship them to the US.

TurboT
02-02-2010, 09:03 PM
I'd bet that Canadian and US EPA restrictions are the same (look at all the 'American cars' assembled and sold in Canada). I bet the issue with GIO is something else. Taxes, politics, legal... :?:

It's probably something stupid like Canada wants one thing, the US wants another. So it's either make them okay for Canada, or make them okay for the US or pay a lot more for both. Since he's in Canada, he made the logical decision. All theory and guessing, only he knows the true story and he may not share. :)

It's a shame there are folks in the US who want them, know what they'd be getting and willing to spend the money and be a customer, who can't be for whatever reason. I'd personally hate that if it was one of my products.

anthonyfa18
02-02-2010, 09:33 PM
One other thing to remember is in a few months there will be no more Beasts for sale at GIO as the 2010 T3 200cc model is already out, there is only 1 color left for the beasts and only a few on auction everyday and when their gone, their gone. The T3 does look better though and front disc brakes too :)

i dont thing gio wll stop the beast just yet, i herd they were making a 2010 beast, look at 200cc beast q&a on giobike.com and you will see some info

waynev
02-02-2010, 09:41 PM

i dont thing gio wll stop the beast just yet, i herd they were making a 2010 beast, look at 200cc beast q&a on giobike.com and you will see some info

Well it's already 2010 and there is no 2010 Beast, considering they are calling the T3 Rebel 200cc the third generation then it must be replacing the Beast as i've never seen a 1st or 2nd generation T3.

What info are you talking about in the Q&A, i didn't see anything that stood out on this.

TheRealWorld
02-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks for all the great info, I have gone back and looked at the Roketa and I am comparing specs. It is quite interesting, and I am leaning at giving the Roketa a try.

You are all better than me at comparing the details, and looking over the welds etc. So if any of you have the time, I would appreciate your input on a scale of 1 to 10. I realize none of us have any idea about the actual quality, but I am willing to gamble a little. When you give a rating maybe you could also give the rating of the beast in comparison. Even if you give a comparison of one particular thing it would be helpful.

waynev
02-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Ok, this is only based on the pics i can see from the link in post 1.

1. I like the performance shocks all around, that cost me $100 more to put them on my beast.

2. Don't like the chain guard, it's ugly and too big, must come off, or be modified.

3. I like the sprocket / brake rotor protector, my beast one is closed and it collects lots of crap

4. 10" wheels and bigger tires are a plus, compared to our beasts

5. I prefer the way the swingarm is mounted, it's more like the 2010 GIO t@ 200cc.

6. I like the bodywork a little better than my beast

7. I like the front bumper, i took mine off my beast

I don't like the exhaust, but hey after you buy it you might be able to use a Beast exhaust on it, not sure how far that EPA crap goes and if it's needed to run the engine properly.

that's my 2 cents.

TheRealWorld
02-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Ok, That is a great review in my opinion. I can live with the issues you are not to fond of. I am out in rural Wisconsin, and I don't care about the EPA.

Thanks for taking the time to give your evaluation! This is a great site!

TheRealWorld
02-04-2010, 11:14 PM
I agree with your thoughts on it and I have talked to the dealer, he says I have to wait to order it until early March. He will be placing an order then, and gets a break on shipping. I did not tell him for sure, but unless something changes I will be ordering it. I will keep you all posted, should be fun.

For any of you who want to look, I believe I see a grease zerk in one of the detail pics, I assume that there are more, and that should be good.

Weldangrind
02-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Zerks are promising, as long as they are a standard size. The zerks on my daughter's 150 Monster are some weird tiny size that I can't match. I ended up drilling and tapping them for SAE zerks.

Good luck on the quad!