PDA

View Full Version : Traded for

JimW
02-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Did a little trading and got this for my grandson. I originally sold this to my nieghbor back in Oct. 09. He wasn't happy with it simply because of its size which didn't come as a surprize since I tried to explain to him at the time it would be to small for him, but he insisted. After I dilivered it to him, he parked in his shop and never had it out. He and I are pretty good buds and I do alot of welding for him so when I saw it the other day, I just asked him about it and did some trading. The battery was flat and the machine was covered with dust but cleaned up rather well, and after a charge started right up. The grandson doesn't know yet but will this evening.
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz64/JimW_photos/101_0755.jpg
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz64/JimW_photos/101_0754.jpg

katoranger
02-23-2010, 08:58 AM
I have never seen one quite like that before. It has a foot brake unlike all the rest with two handbrakes.

Allen

JimW
02-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Built by taotao. It's really a nice running little machine, and solid. It'll work out good for him, since it's closer to his size than my nieghbor's.

Weldangrind
02-23-2010, 11:25 AM
It has nice long control arms in the front. Is it a 110 engine?

FastDoc
02-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Very nice. Beautiful color, FWIW. I can see that it would be too small even for a small adult, well done for the kid!

JimW
02-23-2010, 01:33 PM
W&G, yes it's a 110 and rides pretty good. I think the long control arms help. It has 8inch wheels on it to which are the same size as our 250Ds, except a three bolt pattern. Very similar tread pattern on the tires also.

You should see it in person, doc. The color is even better and really shines. It's not quite as big as a mid sized machine but bigger than most of the other 110s. The little bugger even came out with the performance exhaust on it. I think the boy is going to have a good time on it and it may even last long enough his little brother and sister can have thier turn on it too when they get older

FastDoc
02-23-2010, 01:41 PM
W&G, yes it's a 110 and rides pretty good. I think the long control arms help. It has 8inch wheels on it to which are the same size as our 250Ds, except a three bolt pattern. Very similar tread pattern on the tires also.

You should see it in person, doc. The color is even better and really shines. It's not quite as big as a mid sized machine but bigger than most of the other 110s. The little bugger even came out with the performance exhaust on it. I think the boy is going to have a good time on it and it may even last long enough his little brother and sister can have thier turn on it too when they get older

The color looks identical to my Gold Wing:

Id show you a pic but Photobucket seems to be f'ed up right now. Piss me off.

JimW
02-23-2010, 03:54 PM
It a pretty color of red alright, and I'd bet your goldwing stands out. Speaking of bikes, Back in 79 I bought a 77 750 Hondamatic. I think the 76s were red and 77 was blue? Anyway, mine was the blue one. They discontinued them that year, I d guess because they didn't have enough power to pull out of the driveway, but I sure wish I had it back now. Mostly because of it being unique. Another I wish I had was the Suzuki rotary. I'm not sure of the year but Im thinking 72 or 73, and 750cc? From what I can remember on the one I rode was how smooth the engine ran, but in this part of the country the dust took its toll on them. They wouldn't stand up for long. Most of my bike riding was spent on hondas because of thier reliability.

FastDoc
02-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Here you go. Same color:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/maule/DSC03690.jpg

JimW
02-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Fine looking ride you got there, Doc. Makes me want to climb on one again

FastDoc
02-23-2010, 07:34 PM
I don't want to Hijack the thread but one quick thing:

Its the only way to fly.

Wait, that's not correct either.... :D

I can tell you this though, as much as I've enjoyed other bikes in the past, including some nice Harleys, no way am I going back. I'm sticking with this WIng. It's like a two wheeled Porsche.

SpudRider
02-23-2010, 09:27 PM
That's a nice quad, Jim; I'm sure your grandson will enjoy it very much! :)

Spud :)

FastDoc
02-23-2010, 09:32 PM
When is The Big Reveal? :D

JimW
02-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks, Spud.

The boy loved it, and even tho it was a bit on the cold side this evening, I just had to let him ride it till his fingers approached frostbite. His Granny and I have been a big part of his life practically raising him a good part of the last 8yrs. His mom is a good woman but has bad luck with men, and the boy's dad, thank God they're not together, just needs a good ole fashion ass whoopin.

I'll try to get some pics of him tomorrow since it's my wifes short day at work and it's suppose to be in the 50s.

FastDoc
02-23-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks, Spud.

The boy loved it, and even tho it was a bit on the cold side this evening, I just had to let him ride it till his fingers approached frostbite. His Granny and I have been a big part of his life practically raising him a good part of the last 8yrs. His mom is a good woman but has bad luck with men, and the boy's dad, thank God they're not together, just needs a good ole fashion ass whoopin.

I'll try to get some pics of him tomorrow since it's my wifes short day at work and it's suppose to be in the 50s.

The boy is lucky for his mom and grandparents. Sorry to hear about dad. Super common but crappy situation. BTW, it's probably too late for an ass whooping to help him.

SpudRider
02-23-2010, 11:36 PM
The boy is lucky for his mom and grandparents. Sorry to hear about dad. Super common but crappy situation. BTW, it's probably too late for an ass whooping to help him.
X2 regarding mom and the grandparents! :) In regards to the ass whooping: It might be too late to help the dad, but it just might help everyone else! ;)

Spud :)

JimW
02-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Yup, it's way to late to do him any good. There's been more than one confrontation with him, but I've never been able to get him to stay long enough to settle the problem, and he's always sitting in his pickup when he's around me. The best part is, I don't have to see him much anymore since he's not a big part of my daughter's life. The boy has to spend every other weekend with him, but one of our daughters usually delivers him if his mom can't. If they can't my wife does and for some reason he's never given her any problems, no back talk, trash talk, nothing to start any problems?? Hmmmmmm, I wonder if it has anything to do with her being a former Marine :D

katoranger
02-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Grandma is probably packin so heat too. :wink:

JimW
02-24-2010, 08:59 AM
He's not worth waisting good lead on. Besides, my wife would be happy to re-arrange his limbs for him. Of course, he wouldn't be happy to find them hanging out that particular orfice but it would change his attitude.