PDA

View Full Version : A Few Laps in the Snow

waynev
02-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Here's my little monkey doing a few laps in the backyard, it was finally warm enough outside today to pack the snow enough to make a path for his quad.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu188/waynebrandy/th_PICT0007.jpg (http://s646.photobucket.com/albums/uu188/waynebrandy/?action=view&current=PICT0007.flv)

TurboT
03-01-2010, 03:24 AM
Ahh! Happy Kids! Great stuff..

I take it this was done BEFORE the hockey game, mate? :)

waynev
03-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Ahh! Happy Kids! Great stuff..

I take it this was done BEFORE the hockey game, mate? :)

Why yes it was of course.

SpudRider
03-04-2010, 03:56 PM
That video was so cute! Thank you for sharing it with us! :D

Spud :)

PoManzATV
03-12-2010, 07:09 PM
That's great!! I did the same thing a few weeks ago in our back yard. I used the snowblower and cleared a big track out back. My 4, 6 and 8yr/olds veered off course and into the ~2ft of snow so many times I was exhausted in 20min. Preceding the whole adventure, of course I had to warm up the machine and test things out. There I am flying around the 'track' and things all of a sudden felt funny. Unbeknownst to me I blew the right rear tire right off the rim. 8O Apparently I had it it 'lil too low on air. Not fun getting that sucker to re-bead in 20degF garage. Oh.. with only 3 or 4 inches of ground clearance before the rear sprocket protector bottoms out, these babies are not too good in the snow.

Joel

TurboT
03-12-2010, 07:18 PM
That's great!! I did the same thing a few weeks ago in our back yard. I used the snowblower and cleared a big track out back. My 4, 6 and 8yr/olds veered off course and into the ~2ft of snow so many times I was exhausted in 20min. Preceding the whole adventure, of course I had to warm up the machine and test things out. There I am flying around the 'track' and things all of a sudden felt funny. Unbeknownst to me I blew the right rear tire right off the rim. 8O Apparently I had it it 'lil too low on air. Not fun getting that sucker to re-bead in 20degF garage. Oh.. with only 3 or 4 inches of ground clearance before the rear sprocket protector bottoms out, these babies are not too good in the snow.

Joel

Hahaha!!

Good story! We had almost zero snow this year so I never got to try our little ones out in it.

Maybe next year.

-TT

FastDoc
03-12-2010, 07:36 PM
What's snow? :D

To rebead the tire, and this may be nuts but it works, you can use a little propane, engine starter, hair spray or other flammable gas and a match. It does work. No I've not tried it but I've seen it on YouTube and read about it. 8O

PoManzATV
03-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Oh it was a pain to get that tire to seat! I had to soap up the bead and tighten a strap around the circumference of the tire as I was adding air. Eventually it popped back on and has been holding air ever since. Had it not been well below freezing out it would have been a bit easier. Doing the strap trick works like a charm.

Joel

Weldangrind
03-14-2010, 01:35 AM
I learned an additional trick from my tire buddy: remove the valve core and dump in a large volume of air in a hurry. It helps in seating the bead very quickly.

Upon seating the bead (even though the tire will still be flat), re-install the valve core and then fill 'er up.

waynev
03-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Yeah, when i was racing, mounting those 6" racing slicks was a PITA, using the method you metioned W&G worked most of the time, but i also had to resort to using straps, the ether and match trick and also sometimes had to put the tire/wheel into a steel pail/drum and then inflate to get the bead to seat.