PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket

waynev
03-18-2010, 07:25 PM
Is it just me, lately i've found when you hover your mouse over your pics on photobucket that the little popup with the links to the pics doesn't show up anymore, i've found i have to click on the pic to goto that individual pic to get to that box with the links, anyone else?, or did i accidentally change something with my PB settings.

TurboT
03-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Nope. Not just you. I just checked mine too and the little drop down user interface sharing help window does not appear either. That's a bit of a nuisance, as it was a handy feature.

I even tried it with two different browsers.

waynev
03-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Yeah, it sucks now, i went back and checked my settings and they are ok, it seems to take forever to load the picture when i click on it so i can get to the IMG code, and i have a very high speed internet connection, oh well glad to see it's not just me.

Jim
03-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Works fine for me

waynev
03-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Works fine for me

Really?, so if you hover your mouse over the pics that little box pops up with the 4 lines of code ?. It only stopped working for me in the last few weeks.

Jim
03-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Yeah I just checked today when I saw your post.

Weldangrind
03-19-2010, 01:38 AM
I've had issues lately too. What browser are you using Jim?

Jim
03-19-2010, 02:25 AM
Chrome

Weldangrind
03-19-2010, 10:22 AM
I just installed Chrome (really fast, BTW), and I'm still experiencing the same issue as waynev.

TurboT
03-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Yes I tried with Chrome and IE 8 and didn't get the pop up. Never tried with Firefox.

Chrome is a great browser, I really like it. Puts IE to shame in it's ping and load times.

Jim
03-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Sorry I can't help figure out why it's like that, but it just works here...

MICRider
03-19-2010, 06:54 PM
I use Chrome as well, but I don't get the popup either. I have always selected them and then copied and pasted the code... I am a bit of a Photobucket noob though :)

waynev
03-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Wow i love solving problems, ok i see what is going on with photobucket, it seems that lately when i goto photobucket is it taking me to "MY HOME", the pop ups do not display here, i found that when i went to my ALBUM where all my pics are then the popups work fine.

So look at the top of the screen if it says "My Home / Lastest Activity" the pop ups won't work, you must be at "My Home / All Albums / *****Album" with the stars being your album name. Try that guys.

TurboT
03-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Wow i love solving problems, ok i see what is going on with photobucket, it seems that lately when i goto photobucket is it taking me to "MY HOME", the pop ups do not display here, i found that when i went to my ALBUM where all my pics are then the popups work fine.

So look at the top of the screen if it says "My Home / Lastest Activity" the pop ups won't work, you must be at "My Home / All Albums / *****Album" with the stars being your album name. Try that guys.

This was either really bothering you or you have too much time on your hands. :) Good investigating.

waynev
03-19-2010, 10:58 PM
This was either really bothering you or you have too much time on your hands. :) Good investigating.

Yeah, a little of both today.

2LZ
03-20-2010, 12:54 AM
I gotta tell ya....being a serious 'newby' here....why can't we just load pics that are 640X480??
I'm not an internet guru or anything and I don't spend a lot of time on the PC after work because I stare at a screen all day....but the only two other sites I belong to (both bike sites) have a place just to click and load pics.
Not complaining in the least....believe me....but just wondering.

Jim
03-20-2010, 01:15 AM
You can have photobucket resize the photos when you upload them, to have the forum host attachements would require a software update.