PDA

View Full Version : Triangle road Richmond BC

boost_addict
03-25-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm going for a ride there today to check it out. it's pouring rain so i'm not sure if I'll get any pictures or not but i'll let the locals know how it was.

FastDoc
03-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Hard core. Not many, myself included, for the most part, set out when it's already raining. Have fun and be safe. :D

boost_addict
03-25-2010, 03:50 PM
I live in vancouver if I don't ride in the rain I don't get to ride.

TurboT
03-25-2010, 03:51 PM
I live in vancouver if I don't ride in the rain I don't get to ride.

Hahaha well said..

I'm interested to know how it is, and how to get there. Do share your experiences when you get the time. :)

FastDoc
03-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Copy that. Same here, except it's wind, not rain. 25 MPH today 8O . I rode to work. 8)

boost_addict
03-25-2010, 04:04 PM
It's easy to get to, head west on the east-west connector. Take the 6 road exit and head south, go almost all the way to steveston Hwy. Turn left (east) onto triangle road and head to the end of it.
Triangle road is the road that heads in behind the big hockey arena and movie theater complex that is at 6 road and steveston Hwy.

Theres an area along the dyke with lots of puddles and a few small hills and there is a gravel road you can go down to get to a big area that they are compacting with sand, so theres lots of sand to play in :D

It's a really good place to take younger people to teach them how to ride.

boost_addict
03-26-2010, 01:39 AM
Well it was a decent day. got a couple hours of riding in before i had some fuel issues with my bike. either the fuel isn't flowing into the bowl fast enough or there is some crud in the carb thats blocking up my jets.

It's been about 2 years since I've gone riding there and it has changed alot! The area by the dyke is still there but the hills are alot smaller than they were. There has been alot of 4wheelers in there rutting the place up, and the road that went to the big sand area now has a gate across it so you can't get in there.

I heard from a coworker that you can still get to the sand area from the other side by the lafarge cement plant.

It's still a decent area to go riding thats nice and close. There are lots of deep puddles there to ride through and a couple small hills, a couple jumps and a little sand road wwith lots of whoops along the back fence.

FastDoc
03-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Glad you had fun. Sorry about the mechanical issue, I hope it turns out to be easy. I hate carburetors. :evil: Check out my posts in the 'Other' forum...

Sorry to hear your riding area shrank. Sad sign of our times.

Even though I ride both dirt bikes and ATV's, I am disappointed at some of the damage they each can cause if not ridden responsably

TurboT
03-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey boost_addict,

When you say "4wheelers" did you mean ATV's or the yeehaaw types with their 4x4 trucks and jeeps?

On W&G and I's last ride, we went to a place called "The Peg" in Chilliwack. There were a few fella's driving their pickups around, blasting through the puddles doing their best to hydraulic their motors. While everyone is entitled to a good time, I found it a bit concerning there were atv's, dirt bikes, one buggy, and a bunch of trucks roaring around all going different directions at various rates of speed. 8O

Kind of saw it as an accident waiting to happen..

FastDoc
03-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Accidents do happen. Recall I was hit by that teenager on his CRF while I was on my ATV a couple weeks ago. :(

TurboT
03-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Accidents do happen. Recall I was hit by that teenager on his CRF while I was on my ATV a couple weeks ago. :(

I do recall! Stuff like that is always in my mind. It's nice when you go riding to see other people around, as a safety net in case you launch off your bike, at least someone is there is call 911 or get you a beer.. :) With that said, more chance you're going to crash into someone too, or vice versa.

FastDoc
03-26-2010, 01:18 PM
I think I like off roading in the wintertime here more. Typically I'm the only one out there, the dust is down, and I feel a little safer.

boost_addict
03-26-2010, 07:15 PM
by 4wheelers I mean trucks not atvs.
It looks like they are in there alot now and with the soft mud thats there and thier huge tires it's been really rutted out. It's still a fun place to go riding just gotta watch you don't get stuck in a rut.

I talked to my buddy today and he said if you go in from the other side by the cement plant that you can still ride on the sand and he said there is a motocross track there too.
I've never been there before but he said you go all the way to the end of 8 road and turn right and go to the end of that road.

FastDoc
03-26-2010, 07:29 PM
A way to figure it out would be Google Earth. A lot of fun if you've not already tried it.

katoranger
03-27-2010, 09:22 AM
A way to figure it out would be Google Earth. A lot of fun if you've not already tried it.

That is fun.