PDA

View Full Version : Konker with a JC Whitney trunk

MICRider
04-07-2010, 10:16 PM
I ordered one of those JC Whitney trunks for my Konker, came in today so I slapped it on. Figured I'd post a couple of pics since I have never seen a Konker with the trunk yet. :D

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx261/MICRider/Konker%20KSM200%20pictures/DSCF0876.jpg

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx261/MICRider/Konker%20KSM200%20pictures/DSCF0875.jpg

I thought the trunk would maybe be a little too big (ordered the large) but surprisingly, it's not as big as I thought it would be. My full face AGV helmet holds it open a wee bit unless you put it in in just the right position.

2LZ
04-08-2010, 12:26 AM
That looks GREAT!....and I was impressed with my matching black plastic milk crate and drop-in Wally World lunch bag on my GY!

I have to say.....I hope that Konker get's the 'thumbs up' here in Cali sometime soon. When Mrs. 2LZ decides to upgrade from her Hensim 150DB.....sure would be nice to have a clean machine like that in the stable. VERY nice! :D

MICRider
04-08-2010, 08:40 PM
That looks GREAT!....and I was impressed with my matching black plastic milk crate and drop-in Wally World lunch bag on my GY!

I have to say.....I hope that Konker get's the 'thumbs up' here in Cali sometime soon. When Mrs. 2LZ decides to upgrade from her Hensim 150DB.....sure would be nice to have a clean machine like that in the stable. VERY nice! :D

Hi 2LZ! Actually, you can get the Konker supermoto in the States, I believe it is called the Q Link XF200... Identical bike in all but the name. Both are made by Qingqi. Though I don't know it Q Link has the enduro kit that Konker offers, I also don't know if they are legal in California, but they are the same bike. It does look pretty cool with the trunk doesnt it? :D The rack and the trunk were definitely good investments!

david3921
04-08-2010, 09:44 PM
2LZ, you probably won't see a Konker sumo in the U.S. as a Qlink XF200 is the same bike. The head and tail light are different, though. Both come from Qingqi in China.

2LZ
04-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the input, guys! :D

It is truly a drag sometimes living here in Cali, even for the excellent weather and riding terrain. Unfortunately, So Cal and the Bay Area politics hits Nor Cal livelihood and makes things tough.....as in not allowing bikes that are allowed in every country on Earth....in 49 other states. :(

I can say this for sure...I'm not unhappy in a single penny I've spent on all 3 China bikes that I've owned....(being a 'hands on' bike owner)...and I can also see that between the different 'camps' of China bike enthusiests, they all serve everyone well.

I've liked my Honda clones....and I think the Zong's are pretty cool and have to be checked out, for sure....but when both types allowed here....and Mrs. 2LZ will let me spend the cash, the Q/Konker is definitely in the running.

When do you think they may launch into a rear disk????? (Both the Q/Konker and Zong) I'm not a 'drum' guy....it's what drew me to the Lifanoid bike (besides being legal here)
I have 900 pound bikes with rear disk. They're simple, shed heat better/faster, are far lighter and don't trap moisture.

Any news heard? Just curious....... 8)

2LZ
04-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Whoops! My total apologies for accidently hijacking a trunk thread! Sorry! :oops:
Carry on!

MICRider
04-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Whoops! My total apologies for accidently hijacking a trunk thread! Sorry! :oops:
Carry on!

Lol, no problem, I love the open discussion on this forum. Not sure about the brake thing, but I can say that the rear drum on the Konker is very positive and works well... No problems hauling it down in a hurry if I need to. I am guessing that the manufacturers do it for simplicity maybe? No master cylinder or hoses to worry about, just a good old mechanical linkage.

On the subject of the trunk again, I have to say that I am very impressed with the quality for the price, it seems very well built! It is a little hard to lock onto it's plate, but I read that if you oil the catch it works easier so I might try that.

I have to thank Spud and all the others here who have this trunk for bringing it to my attention... In the past I have always used saddle bags for hauling stuff but this is much much more convenient! No messing with straps and snaps like my soft bags were.

First time I have ever bought anything from JC Whitney too, but it arrived in good condition and in about the time I expected. I think I had to pay a little more for shipping since I am in Canada, but that's to be expected. I will buy from them again :)

Hmmm... I might have to buy another one for the KLR when it comes... Or rob this one? Lol, so many bikes, so little time!

david3921
04-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Qingqi does have a 250 waiting in the wings with a rear disk brake and EFI. I think it's the same engine that's used in the Suzuki TU250.

http://www.qingqi.com.cn/en/product_show.aspx?id=90

MICRider
04-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Oh, I was going to say too, if you buy one of these trunks plan on buying shorter bolts for it... Unless you have a rack with 3/4 inch round tube the bolts are waaay too long!

konkermotors
04-09-2010, 06:51 PM
That rack and box looks awesome! i wish we could offer the rack as an aftermarket accessory, or even better STOCK!

Jim
04-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Looks really good :)

SpudRider
04-09-2010, 10:33 PM
The J.C. Whitney travel trunk looks great on your bike, Stew! :D I am sure you will enjoy it a lot. :)

Spud :)

MICRider
04-17-2010, 02:03 PM
I did an inadvertent capacity test on my trunk this morning... I had to pick up a few things from the grocery store, then kept adding stuff to my cart. When the girl rang it all through and bagged it I thought no way is this all going to fit! But it did! Here's all what I had in it:

1) 3 good sized T-bone steaks (BBQ tomorrow) :D
2) A dozen eggs
3) Pound of bacon
4) Box of hamburgers (8 patties, my son doesn't like steak much)
5) 1 dozen hamburger buns
6) 1 dozen hot dog buns
7) 1 dozen hot dogs
8 1 loaf of Dempsters whole wheat bread
9) Baseball cap... Cant shop with helmet hair! Lol!

It all fit, not really any room to spare but I was amazed! Loving the rack and trunk... Can buy groceries and get to take the bike for a spin at the same time... How cool is that? 8)

SpudRider
04-17-2010, 11:13 PM
I did an inadvertent capacity test on my trunk this morning... I had to pick up a few things from the grocery store, then kept adding stuff to my cart. When the girl rang it all through and bagged it I thought no way is this all going to fit! But it did! Here's all what I had in it:

1) 3 good sized T-bone steaks (BBQ tomorrow) :D
2) A dozen eggs
3) Pound of bacon
4) Box of hamburgers (8 patties, my son doesn't like steak much)
5) 1 dozen hamburger buns
6) 1 dozen hot dog buns
7) 1 dozen hot dogs
8 1 loaf of Dempsters whole wheat bread
9) Baseball cap... Cant shop with helmet hair! Lol!

It all fit, not really any room to spare but I was amazed! Loving the rack and trunk... Can buy groceries and get to take the bike for a spin at the same time... How cool is that? 8)
I am glad you enjoy your JC Whitney travel trunk, Stew. Indeed, you can fit a lot of groceries into the large trunk! ;) I am very glad I bought the large trunk, instead of the medium trunk. As you have noted, the large trunk is not too big for the motorcycle. :)

The JC Whitney travel trunk also works well for touring. ;) Whenever I head off for a multi-day adventure on my Zong, I load up the travel trunk, and lock it onto my luggage rack. :)

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq146/spudrider/ChinaMoto/Andy1306.jpg

Spud :)