PDA

View Full Version : An ATV ride through a little canyon by my house.

FastDoc
05-01-2010, 09:56 PM
I went for a little ride after work yesterday and took a quick pic with the cell phone to share.

Too bad you can't smell how sweet the springtime flowers smelled, or the fresh leaves on the sagebrush. Even though it was windy, there was only a gentle breeze in the canyon. It was heavenly.

There was no trail per se, just a deer (coyote?) trail that I was able to follow maybe 3/4 of a mile until it was no longer passable. It was a sweet little ride though! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/maule/2-16.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/maule/2-15.jpg

TheRealWorld
05-01-2010, 10:26 PM
I guess you have found true American Freedom! How great it is!

melissann
05-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Looks like you had a nice ride. So did you just ride the atv there or do you have to truck it? Here in Payson it is legal to ride an atv in town they are all over- people use them instead of cars lol. In NY that was soooo illegal and you'd get a big fine if they caught you.

FastDoc
05-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Looks like you had a nice ride. So did you just ride the atv there or do you have to truck it? Here in Payson it is legal to ride an atv in town they are all over- people use them instead of cars lol. In NY that was soooo illegal and you'd get a big fine if they caught you.

The trailheads are within a block of my house and it's a private road so I can just go. It's great. :D

I think it's AWESOME you can ride an ATV on the street in Arizona. :P

melissann
05-03-2010, 01:58 PM

well idk about the rest of the state... but in town in payson you can lol

TurboT
05-03-2010, 02:14 PM

well idk about the rest of the state... but in town in payson you can lol

That would be pretty cool. No riding on the roads on ATV's here either, legally. Doesn't stop me from roaring up and down my street once in a while though. 8)

Weldangrind
05-03-2010, 07:28 PM
That would be pretty cool. No riding on the roads on ATV's here either, legally. Doesn't stop me from roaring up and down my street once in a while though. 8)

I've seen you roar up and down my street as well. My neighbours don't talk to me anymore. :lol:

TurboT
05-03-2010, 09:57 PM

I've seen you roar up and down my street as well. My neighbours don't talk to me anymore. :lol:

Who needs 'em? :P

AZ200cc
05-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Wish I had a place like that nearby :D

mizke
08-05-2010, 06:10 AM

Who needs 'em? :P

dont feel to bad my neighbores have stopped talking to me since i was 16 and learned how to turn a wrench, since then its modded car after modded car and they only get louder.. altho being 26 and not 16 im a little more respectful now days. push the car out of the drive way if its past 10pm and down the street one house to the main road. start it up there and then go 60 feet to a shopping center entrance that is closed to let it warm up..

FastDoc
08-05-2010, 11:34 AM
I'll take the sound of an ATV or dirt bike going up and down my street before an idiot barking dog (negligent owner) all night long.

mizke
08-05-2010, 04:15 PM
I'll take the sound of an ATV or dirt bike going up and down my street before an idiot barking dog (negligent owner) all night long.

ya my neighbores have 2 dogs, one being a black lab. so its got a bark that is loud and deep.. they dont do anything to train the dog.. i smoke outside and not in the house. so when i walk outside to have a smoke at 10pm, or even 4am cuz i have insomnia. i strike the lighter and the dog starts barking for a good hour..