PDA

View Full Version : Help Hensim HS250CR

Catdog
05-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi from Catdog sometimes known as olddog or even baddog. If I can't get some help I may be known as walkingdog!! I have just purchased a new 2008 Hensim HS250 CR. I purchased online from Vbikes in Edmond OK. The user manual calls it a Baja motorsports Phoenix. My problem is: Some times it hard to go to third I have to try 2 or 3 times. Some times when running 45 in 5th it jumps out of gear. I have only put 110 miles on it ( don't have a name for her yet ) but I worn out 3 different honda.
Please let me hear any suggestions.
thanks some kind of dog.[/img]

TurboT
05-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Lots of help here on the chinabikes and especially the road worthy kind. Not familliar with your model, I'm sure you'll be asked for pictures.

I'm not a tranny guy, but good oil seems to help in these CB's, so that would be the first question is what oil have you been running.

Cal25
05-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Check out this thread: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6656&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It might give you some help. Congrats on the bike!

SpudRider
05-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Welcome to these forums CD; we are glad you joined us. :)

I have moved your thread to the Street Forum, where you can receive more help from the other owners of this motorcycle. :)

Spud :)

Catdog
05-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the response. I only have 110 miles on the bike. The oil is whatever came from the factory. What oil should I use, I can change it.
Catdog

I'm not a tranny guy, but good oil seems to help in these CB's, so that would be the first question is what oil have you been running.[/quote]

FastDoc
05-07-2010, 07:40 PM
First things first. Change the oil to a 10W-40 motorcycle oil. If there's a filter change that too. Adjust the clutch. This will usually solve the problem. The Chinese factory 'oil' is really soy sauce with some ginger chicken flavoring.

Catdog
05-07-2010, 07:44 PM
First things first. Change the oil to a 10W-40 motorcycle oil. If there's a filter change that too. Adjust the clutch. This will usually solve the problem. The Chinese factory 'oil' is really soy sauce with some ginger chicken flavoring.
Thanks will do feeling better dog

phil
05-07-2010, 08:34 PM
i found a u tube on some of the factory oil refining thought some of you may be interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc_UCc8EQcQ&feature=related although i wouldnt try eating it :lol: regardless of flavor

Weldangrind
05-08-2010, 02:09 AM
Welcome!

X2 on the 10W40 four stroke motorcycle oil. I go the synthetic route.

Catdog
05-09-2010, 11:03 PM
From Catdog Thanks to everyone for the inputs. I Diden't have any motorcycle oil. I did change the oil with Valvoline Premium 10 W 40. The bike has no oil filter. I also adjusted the clutch. I had no free play. I now have 3/8" The result is a much smoother take off. I also added a bushing on the transmission shift shaft. It had front to rear motion. This is now gone all motion is circular. Current problems are. It jumps out of fifth and hard to get in third. The neutral indicator is sometime on while in second, and is not always on when neutral. Is a service manual available?
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.
Catdog PS I wanted to send a pic but dont see how to attach.

FastDoc
05-09-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm impressed with your ability to make and fit a bushing. :D

Your Valvoline will be fine. 8)

Seems like the simple fixes are done. This may be a shifter fork problem but I really don't know. :?

Somewhere there is a thread telling you how to post pics. Maybe someone will dig it up and post a link for you.

Once we know what you have we can figure out how to get parts and information to fix it. :D

SpudRider
05-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Based on previous reports, I think the bushing will help your shifting a lot; good job! :) We would love to see some photos of your handiwork. :) You can learn how to post photos by reading the following thread. ;)

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6240

Catdog
05-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Based on previous reports, I think the bushing will help your shifting a lot; good job! :) We would love to see some photos of your handiwork. :) You can learn how to post photos by reading the following thread. ;)

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6240

I loaded my pic to photobucket but still cant get them in to my text in china rider. Dont know what to say. Thanks for the help.
Catdog :cry:

Weldangrind
05-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Wanna walk through it? Maybe the browser you're using behaves a little differently; I've experienced that.

I find that it works well if you have two browser windows open (Internet Explorer, Chrome, whatever). Open China Riders in one and Photobucket in another. Prepare the message you would like to send in China Riders in one window, and locate the photo you wish to post in the other.

If the photo you select doesn't have options below it (such as IMG, HTML, etc), then click on the SHARE button above the photo. Then click on the GET LINK CODE tab and look for HTML FOR WEBSITES AND BLOGS in FULLSIZE. Left click once in the box to highlight it, right click on the highlighted text and choose COPY.

Move back to your China Riders message, right click in the message body and click paste. That's it.

Good luck! :D

katoranger
05-11-2010, 09:17 AM
I use the two browser method. It works well for me. Also just downloaded chrome so that I can vote more. :wink:

Allen

Catdog
05-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Wanna walk through it? Maybe the browser you're using behaves a little differently; I've experienced that.

I find that it works well if you have two browser windows open (Internet Explorer, Chrome, whatever). Open China Riders in one and Photobucket in another. Prepare the message you would like to send in China Riders in one window, and locate the photo you wish to post in the other.

If the photo you select doesn't have options below it (such as IMG, HTML, etc), then click on the SHARE button above the photo. Then click on the GET LINK CODE tab and look for HTML FOR WEBSITES AND BLOGS in FULLSIZE. Left click once in the box to highlight it, right click on the highlighted text and choose COPY.

Move back to your China Riders message, right click in the message body and click paste. That's it.

Good luck! :DLast try this time iam using a second pane in the same window. I could not get the second window to work. The instructions were easy to follow so thanks
Just plain dog tonight. I will be out fishing or the next two weeks. I will keep working on adjusting the shift linkage and clutch. I call Baja Motorsports tech support and they told me the problem will go away as I ride. They said to put 500 miles on the bike and call back If I still have a problem. Dont worry I know that has to be BS. This method brought over the text also but no pics. Thanks CD

Catdog
05-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Hi from Catdog sometimes known as olddog or even baddog. If I can't get some help I may be known as walkingdog!! I have just purchased a new 2008 Hensim HS250 CR. I purchased online from Vbikes in Edmond OK. The user manual calls it a Baja motorsports Phoenix. My problem is: Some times it hard to go to third I have to try 2 or 3 times. Some times when running 45 in 5th it jumps out of gear. I have only put 110 miles on it ( don't have a name for her yet ) but I worn out 3 different honda.
Please let me hear any suggestions.
thanks some kind of dog.[/img] :lol: Some good news as for pic's my bike is exactly like tdkrantz's .

TheRealWorld
05-11-2010, 11:15 PM
I have that same bike, and I continue to have some tranny problems at 2000 miles. The last time out was the worst I have ever had. This bike is famous for tranny trouble, and I have no idea what to do about it. I would not recommend this bike any more, for this reason. I also did the bushing thing and it helped a bit. I would recommend being gentle on the tranny and see if it improves. Good luck. What did you pay for the bike. Tim has a good reputation, so don't hesitate to work with him for a fix. You can read my thread, it is not far down the list.

Catdog
05-25-2010, 09:50 PM
I have that same bike, and I continue to have some tranny problems at 2000 miles. The last time out was the worst I have ever had. This bike is famous for tranny trouble, and I have no idea what to do about it. I would not recommend this bike any more, for this reason. I also did the bushing thing and it helped a bit. I would recommend being gentle on the tranny and see if it improves. Good luck. What did you pay for the bike. Tim has a good reputation, so don't hesitate to work with him for a fix. You can read my thread, it is not far down the list.
I read your thread thanks. I have done everything suggested. My problem continues. I realized that my problem is not just jumping out of 5th. It jumps out 3rd, 4th, also. I feel the real problem is it never shifts all the way in to 3, 4, or 5th. I don’t hear or feel that clunk. I plan to visit Tim tomorrow. Thanks for all the tips.
Catdog the sad :(

TheRealWorld
05-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Good luck. This is partly a clutch problem, but I have no idea what it involves. We will all be waiting to see what kind of service you get from Tim.

Catdog
05-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Good luck. This is partly a clutch problem, but I have no idea what it involves. We will all be waiting to see what kind of service you get from Tim.
Catdog reports. Check this out!! Tim has been selling this bike for 2 years and has never received any questions concerning the tranny or any kind of problem that was not a simple adjustment. In short my warranty is for parts. Tim is very busy so if I take my bike to his shop in two weeks and pay labor. He will change out the complete motor. This will be faster than any kind of replacement tranny parts. If I don’t come up with a fix I am going to have him replace the motor. The way I adjusted the clutch is as follows. I can’t say this is correct it’s only the way I chose to make the adjustment.
First take the clutch cable off of the clutch lever. Now that the cable has no tension. Mark this location on the tranny cover. To help clarify, as you sit on the bike on your right side the lever that rotates when you squeeze the clutch. Mark the location between the lever and the tranny cover. The purpose of this mark is to identify the fully engaged point. Next jack the rear tire so you can shift through gears with the motor running. Next adjust the clutch cable to where to wheel stops when you squeeze the clutch. Check this in all 5 gears. Next shave the clutch lever to where when you released the clutch lever your fully engaged marks line up. The result should be a clutch that both engages and disengages. One last thing my speedometer is in MPH and is accurate. Please let me know if come up with a fix.
Catdog :(

TheRealWorld
05-26-2010, 10:00 PM
The way I would adjust it is not like that at all. That is logical but not how I would do it. You need to see if you cant get some input from the more knowledgeable guys here. I would go to the Dual purpose site and ask about clutch adjustment, they will respond in an hour. If they don't' I will tell you how I do the adjustment. I have never gotten it to work properly, so I hesitate.

I will see if I can find my conversation with Tim on my tranny issue, If I can find it I will share it with you. How much does he charge to replace the engine?

Catdog
05-27-2010, 12:53 PM
The way I would adjust it is not like that at all. That is logical but not how I would do it. You need to see if you cant get some input from the more knowledgeable guys here. I would go to the Dual purpose site and ask about clutch adjustment, they will respond in an hour. If they don't' I will tell you how I do the adjustment. I have never gotten it to work properly, so I hesitate.

I will see if I can find my conversation with Tim on my tranny issue, If I can find it I will share it with you. How much does he charge to replace the engine?
I havent ask for labor charges. If its a defect with bike tranny a motor change may not help. I will up date in a week or two. I will also check the dual purpose site
Thanks.