PDA

View Full Version : Hi from So Cal

CloneMe
08-03-2006, 04:06 PM
From Lake Forest (Orange Cty) CA... Hi China Bike fans! In case anyone likes "history", I'll give a little bit of mine...
I got my first minibike in 1970 at age 12 (anyone remember those..with the lawnmower engines?). This was in the burbs of Chicago before everything was wall-to-wall houses. I "graduated" the next summer to a Honda 50 C110...my first "clutch". I received a brand new 1972 Kawasaki 100 enduro at age 14...rode almost every day after my paper route..even in winter (ever ride on a frozen pond?). Fast forward to College...NIU...I bought a Suzuki TS400 (enduro); actually commuted 55 miles to Dekalb for a whole semester. After graduating college I came to CA, but I bought a street bike, (Kaw 750). I didn't get bike into dirtbiking until 3 years ago when I bought my then-11-year-old son a Suzuki DRZ110, and me a beat-up 1986 Suzy DR200...it would run sometimes...
Last Jan, I went with my brother to buy his 2 sons (ages 9 & 11) a new Quad he saw advertised for $800 for 110cc. I saw the 300 Street/Dirt bike and couldn't resist the price...Suzuki engine, electric start (I'm old now)...
I hope to someday find some accessories, especially a better rear shock. Otherwise, it suits me just fine, and I'm not that easy on bikes. Cheers.
(How do I upload an image?)c:\data\mynewbike1.jpg

dlunt
08-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Welcome aboard from another old timer. :wink:
Sounds similar to my years of riding, same time period.
Even bought my Lifan because I wanted to ride along with my son.

RPM
08-03-2006, 05:33 PM
That's great, CloneMe!

I, too, am from that same time period and man, you sure brought it all back on me! My first bike was a German built Zundapp 125 ( betcha none of you remember those ) and got it in '72. I remember that you had to bring your whole leg up to shift that thing, but it was a beauty in my eyes. Had to learn to ride that thing in a cotton field, rows and all. I let my girlfriend ride it once and had to rebuild it afterwards, but I wound up marrying her anyway ... go figure!

Glad to see you join on and will be happy to see your input here!

Tom

tzrider
08-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Well, we should start a "first bike" thread. I started on a Sears Alstate Compact (built by Puch) and moved up to a spanking new Honda CT90 trail bike. I'm five years older, so not that much difference in bike era. My first "clutch bike" was a 1970 Honda SS125 twin. Went from that to a '72 GT550 Suzuki two stroke triple when I was in college.

Upload that image you got there to http://www.imageigloo.com/ then use the "img" command you tried to use and put the address that imageigloo gives you for the picture into that command and you'll get your picture here. :wink: