PDA

View Full Version : CALLING ALL FLORIDA CHINARIDERS

MrsTrubattleax
03-29-2007, 07:41 PM
SOOOOOOOO.... HOW BOUT THAT RIDE? LETS MAKE PLANS THE WEATHER IS AWESOME 8) SUGGESTIONS?......

Ferrit
03-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Here's one---ride up to TN and do the TransAmerica Trail this May!

MrsTrubattleax
03-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Here's one---ride up to TN and do the TransAmerica Trail this May!

maybe....sounds good to me..What dates exactly in May?... lets see what other suggestions come up.you're not that far away.Ive never been to TN but I know its beautiful..the mountains, the scenery.

ambassador
03-29-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm game, only prob is your guys bikes aren't street legal so we gotta find a place where you guys won't have to hit the road at all, Hmmm... I'll look into it...

TheOtherRide
03-29-2007, 09:26 PM
I'll meet you halfway...in Nebraska. Happy riding!

MrsTrubattleax
03-29-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm game, only prob is your guys bikes aren't street legal so we gotta find a place where you guys won't have to hit the road at all, Hmmm... I'll look into it...

that would be great ,let me know what you find :D maybe we should have gotten Enduros?....nahhh :lol:

MrsTrubattleax
03-29-2007, 10:18 PM
I'll meet you halfway...in Nebraska. Happy riding!

wish we could, used to live in Omaha many moons ago..at an Air force base..it was built on top of an Indian graveyard, I swear it was haunted 8O ......anyway, thanks

TheOtherRide
03-29-2007, 11:39 PM
LOL, I'm still practicing riding around the block, let alone out of state!

FMYStreetRacer
03-30-2007, 12:25 AM
like i said, if you guys want to come down here we can use my house as the hang out spot. there's some trails around here and even more stuff if you want to load up and make some treks across town (for you non plated people).

just name the time and you're all more than welcome to come on over. i can even grill some stuff up if wanted.

Chris you ever get that bike? i was waiting on you buddy but it looks like we can't hold out any longer. maybe if you wanted to come down i can find something for you to ride.

chris5150
03-30-2007, 12:31 AM
yeah i am waiting on a check for vacation time my job owes me to pay for the bike. i just finished paying off that neon. and now i am working on the bike. i am hoping in 2 weeks to get it but i am not sure. i think i am going with the 200cc dirt bike because it is cheaper. so i can get it fasterplus at $850 shipped it is a great deal. i think i am going to sell my truck and, get a street bike so i do not need an enduro.

ambassador
03-30-2007, 12:32 AM
FMY,
Time and a place, I'm 1/2 hour from you and have made that ride before on my Virago, I'd do it again, ate some snow crab and went back home...

You fire up the grill, lets get some people together...

FMYStreetRacer
03-30-2007, 12:34 AM
man trust me, $1000 shipped for a street legal dirt bike is awsome. i love being able to ride from trail to trail. i jump on a trail and i don't give a shit where it takes me cause i know that even if ends up to a road far away i can just jump right back onto the street and drive home. plus if i'm on a trail and get thirsty i can just ride to the store. trust me spend the extra $150 and get it street legal.

chris5150
03-30-2007, 12:37 AM
if i do not have it by then. i would not turn down riding something of yours but that is up to you.

FMYStreetRacer
03-30-2007, 12:37 AM
FMY,
Time and a place, I'm 1/2 hour from you and have made that ride before on my Virago, I'd do it again, ate some snow crab and went back home...

You fire up the grill, lets get some people together...

you're more than 1/2 hour from me. BTW i might in bradenton this weekend for the tampa racing track day.

it's about a 2 hour drive by car. i also just sold my scoot to some guy up there. sad to see her go.

but anyways when do you guys want to do this? i'm down... the bikes running extra good and the head light is extra bright 8)

chris5150
03-30-2007, 12:41 AM
the one that i am looking at has a bigger rear spring and i like that. from what i have heard the enduro only has 3 in of suspension travel. the spring on the one for $850 looks like trubattleax's rear spring which has a good amount of suspension travel.

FMYStreetRacer
03-30-2007, 12:45 AM
mine is a bit tight, can probly be lossend. tell you what though travel has never been a problem. i'n not gonna sit here and tell you that i'm some sort of moto-x rider but i do tear it up from time to time and i thing i have bottemed out the front suspension once. that was when i jumped the bike probly 6 feet into the air though.

ambassador
03-30-2007, 12:49 AM
FMY, I was commuting back and forth to Hooters from Bradenton to Ft. Myers and it took me 45 min to an hour depending on traffic, 75 south, I've done gigs in North Port that toook a 1/2 hour to get to???

FMYStreetRacer
03-30-2007, 12:57 AM
no shit, you must be very south or have been hauling ass. i drive about 90 mph and it takes me about and hour and a half to get to the track in Bradenton... i think off SR64.

if you came to the hooters in ft. myers by edison mall i don't live too far from there. maybe 8 miles.

chris5150
03-30-2007, 01:01 AM
hey and if anyone wants to come to daytona beach. i work for a company that has 55 hotels on the beach. i can get you all good rates if anyone want to come on down.

i live across the street from the beach and have a big back yard. so if anyone wants to come over this way i will have the grill ready.

chris5150
03-30-2007, 01:03 AM
and we can ride at the spot where me, dan, and his wife ride at. also the beach can be driven on and it is free this time of year :D

FMYStreetRacer
03-30-2007, 01:16 AM
where were you last weekend during slam fest?

chris5150
03-30-2007, 01:23 AM
slam fest is in tampa, and here is the spring break nationals. i did not have a day off or want to deal with the traffic to get near the ocean center.

i did enter my previous car in slam fest that is a cool show.

i think once we all have bikes we should atleast do a quarterly florida china riders trail ride.

polygonfla needs to get in on this.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

FMYStreetRacer
03-30-2007, 01:27 AM
haha, yeah i think i got that crossed. slam fest is for VW's right? a bunch of my friends were up in dayatona last weekend for the car show. i'm not a big fan of shows, i like the racing.

and yeah a quarterly ride is a must!!!!!

comem on guys let's set a date!!!!!!!

chris5150
03-30-2007, 01:30 AM
i am off on wednesday and thurday if you have something for me to ride. dan works everyday so i imagine it is all the same to him.

slam fest fills the tampa fair grounds with any type of custom vehicle you can imagine. mini trucks, imports, domestics, classics, you name it you will see it there.

i entered my 2002 eclipse that had a bunch of work done to it. but it was all show and no go. that is not my style any more. i love speed, and that is why i should not get a sport bike. but i am going to anyways i just have to resist getting on to it until i have riden for a few years.

FMYStreetRacer
03-30-2007, 01:32 AM
i will have to do this on a weekend. i work 5 days a week.

chris5150
03-30-2007, 01:37 AM
i'll put in a request for the next weekend i can get off. it is usually difficult in the hospitality industry to get a weekend off. i will let you know when i get the day off. dan's wife is off on the weekend too, so i think this will work out.

FMYStreetRacer
03-30-2007, 01:39 AM
cool , i have a buddy with a spare blaster, i'll see if he doesn't mind you useing it.

MrsTrubattleax
03-30-2007, 07:16 AM
ok now that weve established we need it to be on a weekend.. lets set a date...of course, with kids, next weekend being Easter is out for us...but, lets do this soon.. like within the next month...ok, street racer ... looks like your place it is (dan and I are plateless )thanks !!!it s gonna be a blast... so whens good for you ? Well bring the sodas :lol:

MrsTrubattleax
03-30-2007, 07:17 AM
i'll put in a request for the next weekend i can get off. it is usually difficult in the hospitality industry to get a weekend off. i will let you know when i get the day off. dan's wife is off on the weekend too, so i think this will work out.

thanks for thinkin of me 8)

MrsTrubattleax
03-30-2007, 07:18 AM
FMY, I was commuting back and forth to Hooters from Bradenton to Ft. Myers and it took me 45 min to an hour depending on traffic, 75 south, I've done gigs in North Port that toook a 1/2 hour to get to???

just curious, How far is Bradenton from Daytona beach?

MrsTrubattleax
03-30-2007, 07:19 AM
slam fest is in tampa, and here is the spring break nationals. i did not have a day off or want to deal with the traffic to get near the ocean center.

i did enter my previous car in slam fest that is a cool show.

i think once we all have bikes we should atleast do a quarterly florida china riders trail ride.

polygonfla needs to get in on this.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

youre right...where is polygon???

FMYStreetRacer
03-30-2007, 09:39 AM

just curious, How far is Bradenton from Daytona beach?

it's probly about 2 hours away.

ambassador
03-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Mrs AX,
Bradenton is about 2 hours away, i'm on the west coast right below Tampa...

ambassador
03-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Polygon lives in St.Pete, he's about 20-30 mins North of me...

MrsTrubattleax
03-30-2007, 07:04 PM
OK, ILL START WITH A DATE.. SUGGESTION.. HOW BOUT 2ND OR 3RD WEEKEND IN APRIL.. ?WHICHEVER WORKS BEST FOR EVERYONE

FMYStreetRacer
03-30-2007, 11:34 PM
sounds good to me. my neice's birthday is one of those weeks though, i'll have to ask my sister wich one.

ambassador
03-31-2007, 01:21 AM
Ya'll wanna meet in Ft. Myers??? Seems like that is the best place for the Ax's as they don't have plated bikes but it is also the longest commute for them...
Ax's, Can you guys trailer/truck your bikes?? It's a 2 hour drive but anything you need we can go on-road and get it.. Let me add, I was a Executive Chef for 15 years before I was a DJ, you want BBQ, I got a smoker, I make the best Damn ribs South of Nashville and Texas I think...
Let me know... Anyone seen Polygon??

FMYStreetRacer
03-31-2007, 08:33 AM
Ya'll wanna meet in Ft. Myers??? Seems like that is the best place for the Ax's as they don't have plated bikes but it is also the longest commute for them...
Ax's, Can you guys trailer/truck your bikes?? It's a 2 hour drive but anything you need we can go on-road and get it.. Let me add, I was a Executive Chef for 15 years before I was a DJ, you want BBQ, I got a smoker, I make the best Damn ribs South of Nashville and Texas I think...
Let me know... Anyone seen Polygon??
best place for the ax's would probly be Croom. they might still have to load up a bit if we get bored on the trails right around my house.

Trubattleax
04-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Ok no arguing over stacie and I i'm sure it will be fun at either place, might have to flip a coin or do 1 potato2 potato or something :lol: . we have a dirt bike rack for hauling our bikes so we can go any where a 2x4 can go unfortunately we don't have 4x4 heres a pic

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/trubattleax/newterrain002.jpg

frostbite
04-01-2007, 08:03 PM
unfortunately we don't have 4x4 heres a pic

That's the great thing about dirt bikes, you don't need 4-wheel drive. Just park the car at the end of the rode and take the bikes from there.

ambassador
04-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Sweet Mr. & Mrs. Ax,
Good to see that you're mobile, Wherever we meet, I will have to ride there... For me Ft. Myers would be perfect, not too far away and I can get there on 41 and not have to worry about any interstates... Croom sounds cool too but that would mean interstates and I'm not sure this bike is up to it, speed limit on I-75 is 70mph and most are doing 80-85... If anyone has room on a trailer for 1 more bike if we go the Croom route, let me know and I'm there... I am thinking about getting a trailer cause I'm gonna be getting quads for the girls soon but I don't know how soon and I still need to put my hitch on the Rodeo...Let me know...

FMYStreetRacer
04-02-2007, 01:29 AM
i'm game for down here.. if not amabassdor i have room for another bike on my trailer. my tow rig:http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8586/10032370bq.th.jpg (http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10032370bq.jpg)

PolygonFla
04-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I might be game, depends on how soon I can get the Zongshen out of the shop.

I dropped it off for service and they found a burnt valve. They are fixing it under warranty.

I don't think my other bike would be up to the abuse :oops:

I will keep checking in. I hope I can make it.

ambassador
04-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Polygon,
Sorry for my post on another thread, your a FLA China Rider, ya gotta go, it's you duty as you own 2 asian bikes now... Was just up your way for AirFest at MacDill, phenomenal, I'll post pics if anyone is interested...

liverchip
04-02-2007, 11:55 PM
How did we burn a valve? Did you have an exhaust leak?

PolygonFla
04-03-2007, 09:42 PM
How did we burn a valve? Did you have an exhaust leak?

Not to sure really. I had been sort of abusing the bike by riding wide open throttle for long periods on hot Florida days, and I think it just might have been a tad lean after changing out the factory air filter. (it was rich prior, but I never adjusted the carb needle) Plug went from all sooty to very light tan.

Anyway I took it in for its first service and mentioned that it had developed a vibration in the engine around 3k rpm.

The shop owner took it for a spin and commented on how well it accelerated.

The next day they called and said there is some engine damage but they are going to fix it under warranty and that it would take a while because they need to order a valve from Miami.

So I went out and bought a bigger bike for highway use and I'll keep the Zong as a back up and for dirt.

MrsTrubattleax
04-04-2007, 01:27 PM
so, polygon are you in for the ride? ok.. lets start gettin our sh**t together... hey,steetracer.. what about last weekend in april? is that good for you too ambassasdor? let us know.. thanks...the weather is perfect!!!

PolygonFla
04-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Dirt or street?

If it is street I am in. The only day I cant ride is the 14th.

If it is a dirt trail ride, I just don't know if I will have my bike back by then. If I do I am still in.

If I don't have my 200 back by then I will Ride the 600 down just to meet everyone and let you see the Hyosung in person. Since I want to see the Lifans and Roketas.

So I guess what I am saying is I plan to be there no matter what, Barring the 14th.

chris5150
04-04-2007, 02:19 PM
i will request it off :D

MrsTrubattleax
04-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Dirt or street?

If it is street I am in. The only day I cant ride is the 14th.

If it is a dirt trail ride, I just don't know if I will have my bike back by then. If I do I am still in.

If I don't have my 200 back by then I will Ride the 600 down just to meet everyone and let you see the Hyosung in person. Since I want to see the Lifans and Roketas.

Dan and I are plateless were strictly dirt..earlier somewhere I mentioned you having a Hensim..ignore that.. got ya confused with someone else :oops: guess you could ride down and enjoy the BBQ, once we get a date in order.I rode on the back of the ninja today..kinda uncomfy..but fast!!! :twisted:

MrsTrubattleax
04-04-2007, 07:01 PM
i will request it off :D

sweet ...lets make sure the dates are do-able first.

FMYStreetRacer
04-04-2007, 10:42 PM
umm yeah as far as i know i don't have anything planned.

what do you guys want to do as far as activties down here? i figure maybe would could hang out at the house and maybe get some thing to eat or meet up here and head out riding then maybe head to the beach to get some thing to eat? i know the Trubatt's are plateless but maybe they could follow us out to the beach for a bite? what ever flotes your guys boat. i'm open for any suggestions as well.

MrsTrubattleax
04-05-2007, 01:00 PM
umm yeah as far as i know i don't have anything planned.

what do you guys want to do as far as activties down here? i figure maybe would could hang out at the house and maybe get some thing to eat or meet up here and head out riding then maybe head to the beach to get some thing to eat? i know the Trubatt's are plateless but maybe they could follow us out to the beach for a bite? what ever flotes your guys boat. i'm open for any suggestions as well.

sounds good to me.. ya think we should start exchanging phone #s?...were open to whatever..

FMYStreetRacer
04-08-2007, 08:10 AM
yeah let's do this already!!!!! we might be loseing one of out best spots so we need to do this asap just in case!!!!! who wants to start PM'ing what and etc?

FMYStreetRacer
04-11-2007, 08:59 PM
this weekend might be the best time. a few of us are thinking about going camping out in east bonita this weekend. hopefully we'll have a few TT DSer's show up as well. should be a blast if i can make it.

FMYStreetRacer
04-13-2007, 01:18 AM
ok this weekend is it, camping, TT riders and more. this weekend is going to be great!!!!!!

FMYStreetRacer
04-13-2007, 01:32 PM
look like the weather is going to rain on our parade this weekend. next weekend should be a go though. have 3 guys from TT that will be joining as well. if you guys (and ladies) want to come on down let me know.

frostbite
04-13-2007, 01:38 PM
have 3 guys from TT that will be joining as well.

If any fights break out I expect you guys to kick some tail. :)

FMYStreetRacer
04-13-2007, 04:20 PM
heck yeah, there will be enough of us. :wink:

chris5150
04-13-2007, 11:39 PM
alright my request went through i have April 29th off.

so if that is a good day we can set that as the date for the trail ride. it should be good for the ax's too. :D

TheOtherRide
04-14-2007, 12:10 AM
That is so cool that you guys are close enough to get together & ride! I've seen about 3 China bikes around here, including dirt bikes. Nobody on this site yet! Gotta get my swag, sprockets, and more ride-time, I guess.

Have fun; I'll be toasting you from my front porch! :D