PDA

View Full Version : Megelli 250R

SagaCanada
05-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Just a small tidbit of info for all you street bike enthusiasts. Check out the following link to CMG Online, and learn what Saga Canada is now involved in! Should be very exciting!

http://cmgonline.com/content/view/2452/80/

Just keeping everyone in the loop!

Jim
05-14-2010, 02:30 AM
Do you have an estimated date or msrp?

FastDoc
05-14-2010, 11:36 AM
I think it would sell as long as it's no more than 1/2-2/3 the cost of a 250R Ninja. The Megilli is an awesome looking bike and should perform well.

culcune
05-14-2010, 01:46 PM
JP Motorsports out of San Diego had a load of them in, and almost sold out (according to the guy I spoke with--Smitty) He said that Benneche told him that one of the bikes left in their store were going to be tested for a magazine.

I really like the motard, myself and one of the video posters on youtube from Croatia who has a 125cc version (I will have to dig up his nickname) has several videos of him riding through the city and keeping up or passing traffic. He has had the bike for well over a year, and he and I wrote back and forth in his comments for over a year, and last week, when I commented on a new video from him, I asked him how the bike was holding up, and he said still no problems.

culcune
05-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Here's one of his videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2kWOClm8o8&feature=related

BDIAgencies
05-14-2010, 03:46 PM
They will probably be in the price range of $3999.00-$4299.00

FastDoc
05-14-2010, 04:38 PM

Not good. What's a 250R go for, about $4,200? :(

katoranger
05-14-2010, 05:26 PM
They probably go for more on the other side.

FastDoc
05-14-2010, 06:03 PM
They probably go for more on the other side.

Good point. Northern neighbors. :D

SpudRider
05-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Here's one of his videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2kWOClm8o8&feature=related
I guess lane splitting is legal in Croatia. :roll: Was it just me, or was anyone else frightened by the riding in parts of that video? 8O

Spud :)

SpudRider
05-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Not good. What's a 250R go for, about $4,200? :(
I think the article implied the Ninja 250R is selling for approximately $4,500 CDN. The Megelli looks like a nice bike, but I think it is priced too high relative to the Kawasaki Nina 250R. ;)

BDIAgencies
05-15-2010, 06:20 AM
I think the MSRP on the Ninja is $4999.00 according to Cycle Canada Sport bike issue

Jim
05-15-2010, 10:29 AM
The article figures a $500 price difference between that and the Ninja, that's not much incentive to switch from a big name brand. I think it will also have a tough time competing with the cbr 125, which I don't know the msrp of off hand but dealers have been clearing out old stock around $2500. Good looking bike though.

Edited: I misread something.

SpudRider
05-15-2010, 01:30 PM
The article figures a $500 price difference between that and the Ninja, that's not much incentive to switch from a big name brand...
Yes, I didn't bother to check the Canadian MSRP for the Ninja 250R; I was using the projected $500 price difference mentioned in the article. ;) Jim has summarized my opinion perfectly.

Quoting from the article, "the quarter-litre, liquid-cooled, two-valve single (of the Megelli) isn’t about to deliver scary power to rice rocketeers — company reps say it puts out around 26 horsepower. That drops it behind the competition with Kawasaki's popular Ninja 250 putting out a claimed 33 horses." If these figures are correct, the Ninja delivers another 7 hp, approximately 25 percent more horsepower than the Megelli, for another $500 CDN. If you buy the Kawasaki, in addition to the 25 percent, extra horsepower, you also get a Japanese motorcycle, with an established, worldwide support network. ;)

SagaCanada
05-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Lot's of great comments and questions. What I can tell you is that we will be receiving our "test" models shortly, and conducting testing both through Saga Canada, and a 3rd party testing group. Pricing has not yet been determined, as without thorough testing and performance evaluation which passes our standards, is irrelevant. What I will comment on is the fact that if Saga Canada does infact take on the Megelli, it will because we are confident in the product, and will ensure that it is priced competitively against the competition and definitely give you the most bang for your buck. All research done so far, has been extremely positive of both quality and performance. As far as an ETA for the bikes arrival, it is yet to be determined. We need to go through the testing phase, and then on to a parts inventory stocking. Saga will only stock products for which we can have parts instock and readily available for both our dealers and their customers.

Thanks for the great comments guys...It is a pleasure to be on the site with all the avid riders!

Jim
05-16-2010, 01:04 AM
Right on, sounds good... I know importing these properly (not RUM) costs the distributorship a lot more then the guys selling the rum bikes, but cost is still one of the main factors I think people look at when looking to a Chinese motorcycle. As long as you guys keep that in mind, and are satisfied with the bike it should do well :)

SpudRider
05-16-2010, 01:13 AM
I think the Megelli 250R is a beautiful little motorcycle. :) I am always glad to see a nice bike introduced to the market, and I am certainly in favor of competition! ;) I hope your tests go well. If the price is competitive, I am sure many Canadians will enjoy owning this new motorcycle. :)

Oengus
05-16-2010, 07:44 AM
JP Motorsports out of San Diego had a load of them in, and almost sold out (according to the guy I spoke with--Smitty) He said that Benneche told him that one of the bikes left in their store were going to be tested for a magazine.

I really like the motard, myself and one of the video posters on youtube from Croatia who has a 125cc version (I will have to dig up his nickname) has several videos of him riding through the city and keeping up or passing traffic. He has had the bike for well over a year, and he and I wrote back and forth in his comments for over a year, and last week, when I commented on a new video from him, I asked him how the bike was holding up, and he said still no problems.

LOL notice that JP is a Qlink dealer....

Oengus
05-16-2010, 08:59 AM
Are they sure that engine is not a DOHC, single-cylinder, four-stroke with four-valves?
Is it a Loncin LC170FMM-2 engine?

I would say that 27hp is enough to make that bike compete against the Ninja 250 in the market but not on a race track, the Ninja is also a twin with twin carburetors.

Will you be offering the same warranty on the bike as Bennche…18 months?

A lot has been said about that bike, but nothing in any real detail. That could be because that engine is not exclusive and if proven then it brings about the next generation of implementations of it. So they say what about it….its source is a secret?

I think it’s a very good design, but it is not my taste in bikes, neither is the Ninja for that matter. I will say this; get on it and ride it before you buy it, or even sell it. The faster you go the more precision matters.

I also have never heard anyone say the bike is manufactured in Taiwan? Will the VIN numbers on those bike begin with R and not L?

ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/FAX941.pdf
(look at the fax header on the NHSTA filing, it is bennche)

This is who manufactures those motorycles,Chongqing Huansong Industrial(group)Co.,Ltd

They were and are a design right of Simon Brown. (English design group)

The bike is not made in Tawain, the engine I believe is a DOHC with four valves, not two. It rated at 27hp not 26.....

Is that enough? Man paper never refuses ink!

paullu
05-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Megalli 125 is available in Ireland now. The price is about 3800 euro including VAT. 8O

It was made in Chongqing, China, by HSUN 环松.

Check out its birth place:
http://www.hsun-motor.com/

They like to add a 'Designed in England' title to their bikes for marketing purpose.

Jim
05-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Is that kind of like the lib tech snowboards that say made near Canada? :lol:

paullu
05-24-2010, 10:50 AM
http://www.hsun-motor.com/EN/Product/Product.asp?SortPath=56

ENGINE
4 Strokes, Air-Cooled

Cylinder
Single, Ceremic Coated

Bore x Stroke
56.5mm x 49.5mm

Displacement (cc)

Compression Ratio
10:01

Valve Train
SOHC

Max Power(hp/rpm)
11/8500

Max Torque(N.m./rpm)
9/7500

Lubrication System
Forced and Wet Sump

Fuel Grade
Unleaded

Clutch
Wet Type and Multi-Plates

Transmission
5 speed gear Change

Gear Shift Pattern
1-N-2-3-4-5

Ignition System
CDI

Starter System
Electric Start

Main Frame
13A Multi Twin Spar

Trellis Configuration

Rear Swing-Arm
T6 Alluminum Trellis

with Forged Dropout

Out-Riggers
T6 Alluminum Trellis Forged

Twin Plate Bearing Carrier

Yokes
T6 Alluminum Forged

Front Suspension
Conventional

Rear Shock
Fast Ace

Seat Hight (mm)

Wheel Base (mm)

Front Rim
Alluminum 2.75×17

Rear Rim
Alluminum 3.50×17

Front Tire
CST 100/70-17

Rear Tire
CST 130/70-17

Final Drive
Cushioned

Net Weight (kg)

Speedometer
Koso Digital and Mechanical

EEC Homologation
Euro 3

dj_laugs
06-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Bennche is indeed the US distributor for this bike. Innitially they were supposed to be distributed by Qlink. After Johny Tai departed he started Bennche and took along with him the distribution rights for Megelli.

We have some of the units here in our QLINK warehouse. I love the design of it I must say. I am about 6 foot and 160 pounds and I struck me as a bike for a rider less than 6 feet. I did not fit comfortably on it.

I also doubt the 27HP to be honest, it didn't feel that powerfull. Maybe a DYNO test someone? Anyways.. nice bike, fairly expensive and there will be 'gremlins' to consider in the beginning.

Overall, I'd choose the HYO GT250R over the Megelli as alternative to the Ninja.

SpudRider
06-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Bennche is indeed the US distributor for this bike. Innitially they were supposed to be distributed by Qlink. After Johny Tai departed he started Bennche and took along with him the distribution rights for Megelli.

We have some of the units here in our QLINK warehouse. I love the design of it I must say. I am about 6 foot and 160 pounds and I struck me as a bike for a rider less than 6 feet. I did not fit comfortably on it.

I also doubt the 27HP to be honest, it didn't feel that powerfull. Maybe a DYNO test someone? Anyways.. nice bike, fairly expensive and there will be 'gremlins' to consider in the beginning.

Overall, I'd choose the HYO GT250R over the Megelli as alternative to the Ninja.
That is nice information to know, DJ. :) Since you formerly worked for Hyosung, I am sure you are familiar with their products. ;) I also like the 250cc Hyosung bikes, particularly the naked, Comet motorcycle.

FastDoc
06-15-2010, 11:46 AM
IIRC they also make a 650 V Twin naked sportbike similar to the Suzuki SV. Nice machine. :D

SpudRider
06-15-2010, 12:42 PM
IIRC they also make a 650 V Twin naked sportbike similar to the Suzuki SV. Nice machine. :D
Indeed, it is a nice bike. :) I test rode a 650 V-twin when it was being sold as a rebadged, United Motors motorcycle. :) United Motors has disappeared; perhaps David can give us some inside information regarding their demise. ;)

denzilorton22
06-17-2010, 07:34 AM

You are right that Suzuki had taken good place in the racing console. I think that yamaha had also good and pretty. I have referred that Yamaha had been good in pick up and also run so far. Suzuki had provided wast engine and also highly speed. I liked both. I wish that It would be announce new edition as well.

melvillebutler
08-02-2010, 11:37 PM
All are awe about the Yamaha . Well, Yamaha had been announced still new edition as far and also come with few more edition as soon as. I hope that I will represent the new model which I have seen and also I have used it.

Oengus
08-04-2010, 08:25 AM
I’m afraid al Qaeda may be using this site to relay coded messages.

Cal25
08-04-2010, 08:57 AM
I wonder what the posts are for myself. They sign up, post replies on 4 random posts and dissapear. Maybe some sort of artificial intelligence?

Oengus
08-04-2010, 09:50 AM
its spam, they have links in the signatures.

Oengus
08-04-2010, 09:56 AM
The last one links to a web service provider in India, yeah it does look like a bot....matching on key words then posts a random comment with a link back to them.

Oengus
08-04-2010, 10:03 AM
LOL they are operating out of Ahmadabad (India)…..they should add ass to that cities name then it would be Ahmadabadass….LOL (I*AM*A*DA*BAD*ASS) LOL

SpudRider
08-04-2010, 12:29 PM
All are awe about the Yamaha . Well, Yamaha had been announced still new edition as far and also come with few more edition as soon as. I hope that I will represent the new model which I have seen and also I have used it.
Translation:

Many are excited about the new motorcycles announced by Yamaha. Indeed, several new models have recently been introduced. I hope to purchase one of the new Yamaha bikes I've seen , and write a ride report detailing my impressions. Cogito ergo sum, senatus popolusque romanus. :)

BDIAgencies
08-16-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm just wondering what ever happened to this coming to Canada!! I haven't heard anything else from "Saga Canada"

mizke
08-16-2010, 03:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e674flryxBg

loks good and sounds like a quad..lol.. the kick stand needs to get fixed and free redesigned kick stands need to get sent out to people who have already bought the bike.. that kick stand is just a liability and is highly unsafe..