PDA

View Full Version : what about the cool girls

MrsTrubattleax
03-30-2007, 07:33 AM
It occured to me that when a person reaches " cool "status it says cool..boy...what about the girls? It should say cool... girl.. (depending on gender of course)...and when we reach " chuck" status I think for girls it should be " cooler than Uma Thurman in Kill Bill" (no offense to chuck),now thats one bad ass b**ch!!...so, come on girls ... what cha think? we should ask frostbite if its do-able... is it? :lol:

TheOtherRide
03-30-2007, 01:18 PM
I kinda thought that too, but the Lifan (I think it's Lifan??) tie-in makes me smile. <sigh> If only I had the Cool Boy decal!

Akonababe
03-30-2007, 01:35 PM
I always thought that too but was afraid to say anything.

MrsTrubattleax
03-30-2007, 06:48 PM
I kinda thought that too, but the Lifan (I think it's Lifan??) tie-in makes me smile. <sigh> If only I had the Cool Boy decal!

:lol: I hear ya...but still..we are' slightly "out numbered.

MrsTrubattleax
03-30-2007, 06:51 PM
I always thought that too but was afraid to say anything.

Im glad I said something then....so, you got you got my back on this one? :wink: wonder if we should get with frostbite on the matter :lol:

dlunt
03-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Personally, I think most girls on a bike are cool.
They don't need a sticker!
:lol:

TheOtherRide
03-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Hmmm...so are we going for 'cool girl' to present to Frostbite? If it's not too much of a PITA...I suppose then you'd have to choose boy or girl when you got to that point rather than it just being assigned based on # of posts.

MrsTrubattleax
04-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Personally, I think most girls on a bike are cool.
They don't need a sticker!
:lol:

hey you get a sticker...we get a sticker.. :lol:

MrsTrubattleax
04-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Hmmm...so are we going for 'cool girl' to present to Frostbite? If it's not too much of a PITA...I suppose then you'd have to choose boy or girl when you got to that point rather than it just being assigned based on # of posts.

your'e right it may be too much of a PITA, but then again there could be a boy or girl spot when you enter your info at the beginning and the site would automatically do it still by the # of posts.

frostbite
04-01-2007, 09:43 AM
There really is no simple way to implement the 'Cool Girl' rank. Since gender isn't part of the user profile there is no way to distinguish who should be a 'Cool Boy' from who should be a 'Cool Girl'.

The only possible way to do it is to assign a unique rank to each female user. Once that rank is assigned it wouldn't change as the post count increased (read: no 'Cooler than Chuck Norris' for you), as is the case currently.

Also, the 'Cool Boy' moniker originates from the Lifan DS bikes. They never did release a 'Cool Girl'.

SInce there is only a handful of ladies on the forum I'll give you a choice:

1) Status quo
2) Each female user who requests it will get the rank of 'Cool Girl', provided they have enough posts to warrant it (i.e. must be current 'Cool Boy' rank). However, once a 'Cool Girl' always a 'Cool Girl'. I won't be changing the rank more than once per user.

TheOtherRide
04-02-2007, 12:36 PM
I think it's good the way it is. We know we're women!

Thanks, Frostbite, for getting back to us.

Akonababe
04-02-2007, 01:23 PM
I agree, just leave it the way it is, that is cooooooooooollllllllll!!

MrsTrubattleax
04-04-2007, 01:03 PM
ok ... guess im outnumbered... cool BOY it is 8)

allfunmotorsport
04-04-2007, 03:00 PM

:oops: if I may say so, anybody that mistakes you for anything outher than a (fine looking) lady should have thier eyes checked!! :oops:

CrazyCarl
05-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Is there an option where each person can type in their own ranking?

CC

TheOtherRide
05-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Hey, Carl--
Yes, when you reach 'Chuck Norris' status. LOL Something like 400 posts?

ambassador
05-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Keep posting and sharing your info, you'll get there....

CrazyCarl
05-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Is there a "Bruce Lee" status where you can change other people's rankings! HAHAAHAHAAH :D

Although I know it exists in a totally different cultural context on this BBS, the "Cool Boy" image in China itself kinda makes me sick. Basically it involves a bunch of narrow minded, selfish, inconsiderate incapable wanna be men who just like to look cool. They are nothing but appearance and most of the time they endanger other people's lives with their unbridled irresponsible behavior.

Sometimes it just gets me pissed just thinking about it. China has a lot of great women, many of whom ride motorcycles or scooters. The women can take care of the business, home and child while the men sit around, drink piss and gamble. They do the SAME manual labor as the men do, get paid less and still find a way to have beautiful smiles. Now not all women in China are like this, but many of them are. They work hard and deserve some respect...even if unspoken.

I remember one time I saw a beautiful girl in a short skirt squatting by here little mini-car (which had a flat tire), totally clueless and trying to figure out the scissor jack. Her "cool boy" boyfriend with his "cool boy" hair style and clothes was just sitting on the curb talking on his g-damned cell-phone. I wanted to take em' out.

Anyway, I know the meaning on this BBS is different. Just wanted to highlight how the same words or ideas can have deply contrasting meanings.

CC