PDA

View Full Version : Hi gang!

stixx3969
08-05-2006, 12:15 AM
My name is Keith Brown from Marshall,Mo. Right in the middle of Missouri. I go by Stixx3969 here on the site
I'm a mechanical designer for Kays-Dehoff, manufacturer of Precision Deep Hole Drilling Systems(Gundrills).www.kays-dehoff.com
I'm 43 and haven't had a bike for almost 20 yrs. My last was a 1000 Interceptor. It was a great bike but I just don't need that much anymore. I bought Roketa to commute to work and maybe explore the odd dirt road.
I realized that I can't control what they charge for gas but I can control how much I use. Like most of you I didn't really want another payment. I couldn't find any used bikes that I liked either. I came upon My Roketa @ XXX-Motorsports while looking at scooters because that's initially what I was going to buy. Saw the bikes, researched and talked to a lot of folks here.
I'm very happy with it so far. This spring I'm looking to get a 49cc scooter for the wife.
Great site and thanx for all the info

culcune
08-05-2006, 03:17 AM
This spring I'm looking to get a 49cc scooter for the wife.

Welcome, although you have been around long enough to feel like family...a nice large dysfunctional family!! lol

I do question your chauvanistic attitude--you get the huge 200 and your wife is stuck with the 49? (just kidding, but you really should consider a 70cc CT-70 clone)

stixx3969
08-05-2006, 05:38 AM
Good Point Culcune,
Let me explain. Here in Missouri anything below 50cc can legally be ridden on the street (no highways)with only a drivers license, no registration or insurance required. That's also what she wants cause the color is "cute"! Then she can commute to work also. :wink:

culcune
08-05-2006, 12:31 PM
That's how it was in California in the mid-80's. Many teens (myself included) could ride a moped/scooter/trailbike with just a learner's permit at 15 1/2 years old, and no helmet law. Now, you practically can't even register a bike there unless it comes from one of the big 4 shops.

stixx3969
08-05-2006, 03:21 PM
That's one of the reasons why I went the bike route. When enough people start riding scooters, and quite a few already do to save gas, it will only be a matter of time before the city council spoils the fun the way the did for 3 and 4 wheelers in the 80's . Never heard of anyone getting hurt. I guess they were pissed couse they weren't making any money. That's why I spent a couple more bucks on the bike and went the whole license and insurance route so when they ban scooters, I'll be covered.