PDA

View Full Version : mini chopper charging problems

KingB
05-28-2010, 02:20 AM
Hi,

I have a 49cc mini chopper, I have replaced the battery and it starts no problem, but when i charge it, it takes forever!!!, is it supposed to take this long, can anyone help. Please. thanks.

Weldangrind
05-28-2010, 02:22 AM
How long does it take to charge, and what are you charging it with?

KingB
05-29-2010, 04:41 AM
well i have only put the charger on once with the new battery and so far it has been 8+ hours, and its still not finished charging...... i am using the charger that came with the chopper. the battery is a 12v 4:5ah i think.

katoranger
05-29-2010, 09:54 AM
What does the charger look like? Similar to a phone charger?

It may be only a .5amp charger and that will take a long time to recharge.

Does the minichopper not have a built in charging system?

KingB
05-30-2010, 02:42 AM
the charger is a the size of a brick and connects to the mini chopper using a 3 prong connector, i was using the original charger that came with the bike, and left it charging for over 12 hours and it was still dead, luckily i had another charger that came from my other bike i plugged that in this morning and bam the bike was charged within a few hours. so i guess my other charger is finished. and the bike doesnt have a built in charge system which is stupid i think they should.

Weldangrind
05-30-2010, 02:45 AM
You could try one of those battery tenders; they're cheap at Harbor Freight. You could do like one member here, and wire a connector directly to the battery, so the tender is easily connected without removing any covers.