PDA

View Full Version : Down here in Sweet Home

hardy541
06-06-2010, 11:13 PM
So last Saturday i finally went down an got my new master link and installed it on the bike...and decided i would take it for a spin, now remember it has been pouring down rain all week and im a teenage guy wearing shorts and running shoes :twisted: So i went out when nobody was home and the chain was working just fine, it actually felt like i had a little bit more power, then BAM, I'm down. So i ran over to the neighbors cuz this was in the back 40, and they werent home, so im laying there with a chunk out of my knee trying to call my mom, a nurse. So i finally got through to her then we were on our way to the hospital, 30 min. away. When i was done there i had 20 stitches in my knee and am still hobbling around on crutches. I learned a great lesson from that little 'experience' ALWAYS wear your riding gear, even if it is just a loop around your field. :oops:

Jim
06-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the report, and sorry you had to learn the lesson the hard way. I hope you have a speedy and full recovery. Also, I might point out your thoughts and comments are always welcomed in our stickied safety topic in the MISC forum.

Weldangrind
06-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope you heal quickly. I have a teenager as well, and I was one at one time; we've all taken risks like that.

SpudRider
06-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Thank you for sharing your hard earned lesson. :) We can all learn from your experience during this short ride. ;)

Spud :)

FastDoc
06-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Sorry you were hurt. I hope you heal fast. thanks for sharing your experiances with us so others may benefit.

BTW, we have a tradition here on CR, which I'm sad to say I started, of posting pics of our injuries. :(

melissann
06-07-2010, 02:15 PM
yes pics! show me why I shouldnt do such a crazy thing lol btw how far r you from me... like 3.5 hours? lots of cr's in the or/wa area i see. we should have a NW CR get together this summer... if your not still damaged goods lol

katoranger
06-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Well, my scar is pretty much gone. Three years since ACL repair.

It happen within 200 yards of home.

Allen

hardy541
06-07-2010, 06:43 PM
http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=d248550911&view=att&th=129149061f769de9&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw
yea check that baby out its my left knee