PDA

View Full Version : Catdog report HS250CR

Catdog
06-13-2010, 10:13 PM
I purchased a new HS250CR from Vbike in Edmond. I picked the bike up at the dealer, put together ready for gas and rider. I took a quick test ride had problems shifting but thought it was my 65 year old foot. After 100 miles it started jumping out of gear. The hard shifting never got any better. Tim with Vbike agreed to a complete motor swap. I pulled my motor, Tim pulled one and we traded. ( NO CHARGE :lol: ) I installed the replacement motor making all the suggested adjustments prior to the first start up. YES you should call me happy :D dog!! The bike shift as good as any I have ever ridden. Thanks everyone for the excellent hints and suggestions. Back to the old :arrow: I noticed three different things with the new motor. First, the clutch is much easer to squeeze. Second the shift shaft has maybe a 16th inch of in\out movement. The first motor had very close to a 1/4th inch. I don’t know if either had any thing to do with the problems. I do suspect the third. Where the clutch cable connects to the tranny pressure plate actuator arm. The actuator arm has up and down movement. The replacement has none. The cam in a notch that is more like a drill hole than a flat spot on the rod. The pressure plate plunger falls into this hole. If the clutch is ever adjusted to tight it will cause the plunger to ride on the side of the rod. PROBLEM the plunger also works a the stop to prevent the actuator arm from coming out. If it ever tries to come out a small spring gets damager and moves under the actuator arm. This prevents the clutch for fully engaging. I suspect this is what started the jumping out of gear problem. I don’t have a clue if any of this makes sense. Good luck and many thinks to everyone. Happy ridden

Weldangrind
06-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Glad to hear that the new engine is working well for you. :D

crossed
06-14-2010, 11:50 AM
These things usually come with a few kinks, but one worked out they are pretty solid bikes! :D

FastDoc
06-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Glad it worked out.

Good to hear about your customer service. We all need to pay attention to things like this when we buy.

Catdog?! 8O

What a cool handle! :oops:

Weldangrind
06-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Doc, that's his handle, not his bike. :lol:

dsrt4
06-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Lol! @ the above

Glad you got it sorted out.

FastDoc
06-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Never mind.

Pretty embarassing. :oops:

Weldangrind
06-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Never mind.

Pretty embarassing. :oops:

Good for a laugh though. No harm done. :D

dsrt4
06-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Embarrassing smarrassing. I thought it was great!

I could totally see a bike coming out of China being named "catdog"

Weldangrind
06-14-2010, 11:42 PM

From the makers of the Cool Boy. :roll:

Cal25
06-15-2010, 08:43 AM

From the makers of the Cool Boy. :roll:
And Hibird

FastDoc
06-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Ever see a red cat?