PDA

View Full Version : "Peach City Beach Cruise"

Jim
07-06-2010, 02:04 PM
June 25, 26, and 27 we headed up to Penticton BC for the annual Peach City Beach Cruise...

It's a car show mainly held on Lakeshore Drive along Okanagan Lake. We head up Friday morning and come back on Sunday. On the Saturday night we have a bbq at our motel usually with a pretty good sized group. Anyways I just bought a video camera, so I have video...

It's split into 4 parts, youtube only allows 10 min clips. It's best if you set it to play in 1080, but 720 would probably look ok too. That setting is in the bottom right corner of the video player.

If you click the link for the first video on the right it should auto play the playslist, so it will advance from one video to the next, or you can just watch one video, then click on the second and so on.

It is quite long, about 32 mins total. There is old cars and some live music and so on.

Some things that aren't in the video was that we also rented a couple of sea-doos and went out on the lake (sometimes we rent a boat). We also got a pedal car, which you will see an example of in part 4, but that wasn't recorded.... We ended up taking that into a skate park that was open and went up and over a half pipe and some other things...

All in all it was a great weekend...

And now, the link..

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimtube84
Oh PS, the smoke shows begin in part 4.

edit: The audio appears to be out of sync with the video in part 4, not sure why, it wasn't before... I'll see if I can redo that part.

Weldangrind
07-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks Jim, I needed that. 8) After a long week in the Okanagan, I drove through Penticton on my way home on June 25. As I passed through town, I saw several people tubing along the canal, plenty of hot rods and classics rolling in and people starting to bbq at the motels. I had to go home. Crap.

You captured alot of really nice cars. Did you happen to run into J.F. Launier of JF Kustoms in Osoyoos? He builds world-class stuff.

I've seen those goofy Blues Brothers before. It's cool to see that they even have the correct plate on the dash. BDR stands for Black Diamond Riders, which is a bike club that Dan Akroyd was affiliated with.

I don't know how many cool cars I saw along the Hope - Princeton highway. I really wish I could have hung around in Penticton. Did you stay on the Okanagan side or the Skaha side? Did you cruise there in your truck?

For the unfamiliar, Penticton is bordered by Lake Okanagan to the North and Lake Skaha to the South. The two lakes are connected by a canal that flows through town; it's a very popular spot to lay in a tube all afternoon and float from one lake to the other. Awesome.

Jim
07-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Hey Derryk, I didn't run into anyone from JF Kustoms no.

I didn't see the Blues Brothers (Too) do many performances, I guess I missed them, just the ones in the videos.. I'm sure they did a lot more blues songs too. They're up there every year and I think it's a great addition to the show. They also had an Elvis festival going on, but I didn't see any of that.

We stayed on the Okanagan side, right on Lakeshore Drive, at the Spanish Villa.

edit: the 4th part is re-uploading, should have a copy with the audio synced-up by tomorrow morning.

2LZ
07-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Nice Victory! :D They're starting to turn up a bit more every year!

Jim
07-08-2010, 01:38 AM
It's actually my dad's second Victory. This was his first Victory,
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/truckgotstuck/DSC01205.jpg

FastDoc
07-08-2010, 12:39 PM
I really like those Vics.

If my buddy had a Vic rather than a HD, My Gold Wing and I would not have spent so much time pulled over on the side of the road waiting for him to catch up! :P

fishman10
07-08-2010, 11:27 PM
It may be the rider and not the bike, just my 2 cents.owning a harley makes me biased, sorry.Love all the other bikes just as much,but i don't think you would have to wait on me,,,,much.!

2LZ
07-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Beautiful C model Jim! :D ...and his second one! Great taste, I must say! I especially love the 'old' ones! True charactor in a motorcycle.....and fishman....don't get me wrong. I rode HD's for years....and still love the Milwaukee brand and will probably own more in the future. I just made the switch to something different....that's still American Iron....and have been very happy with them! :D

It's kinda like the China bike thing we all share, them being new to the market. When I made the switch to Vic, back in the early days.....we Vicsters were not just supporting a motorcycle company by buying one....we were helping build a brand.
We were a very small network of motorcycle owners, who took a chance...with some serious $$$, I might add,..and kept together by an internet forum to help support each other when questions and problems may arise.

I would say the biggest difference, by far, is Vic was there to help and support our concerns....where the China bikes suppliers are very 'gray', so far, concerning support.

Sorry for the thread hijack folks..... :oops: ....just adding to the conversation.

Again, a beautiful bike, Jim! :D

fishman10
07-09-2010, 03:54 PM
2lz. you said it perfect, I love the victories alot ,my next bike will probably be one , I haven't ridden one ,but its got to be better than the neanderthal softail i have, but I can still ride it if necessary!I love my zong too.I would love to visit that canadian city with the 2 lakes connected by the canal it looks like nirvana.

FastDoc
07-09-2010, 04:07 PM
It may be the rider and not the bike, just my 2 cents.owning a harley makes me biased, sorry.Love all the other bikes just as much,but i don't think you would have to wait on me,,,,much.!

You are correct. I was just having fun 8) .

I like Harley's, I had a Spuper Glide Sport for years and no one waited for me. Similarly, I can easily keep up with an average to above average rider on a sportbike if I'm on my Wing. :D

FastDoc
07-09-2010, 04:09 PM
My partner has a Hammer. Very Big Balls on that bike. The only downside is the excessivley wide rear tire makes it's slow speed handling wonky.

fishman10
07-09-2010, 04:17 PM
You got it fastdoc,and by the way i love the 2010 goldwings, just saying ,,,for instance i was at the flat track races a couple weeks ago and in the pro class ia guy on an old triumph was easily keeping up with the new ktm's and handbuilt custom racers, CAUSE HE could ride ,it was amazing to watch .

FastDoc
07-09-2010, 05:03 PM
It's the rider not the bike.

Watch this Gold Wing Video.

I can't keep up with these guys, but I'd not keep them waiting for long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

SpudRider
07-09-2010, 05:13 PM
It's the rider not the bike.

Watch this Gold Wing Video.

I can't keep up with these guys, but I'd not keep them waiting for long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo
And some people say the Gold Wing is an "old man's bike!" 8O :lol:

Spud :)

FastDoc
07-09-2010, 06:07 PM
There are some darn fast old men in the world. Like I say I can't keep up with those guys but I can take a picture of the ground down footpeg feelers and my tires scrubbed to within 1/16" of the edge....

Sorry.

Didn't mean to steal the thread...

fishman10
07-09-2010, 08:17 PM
All I can say is impressive!!!!!!!