PDA

View Full Version : BC - Roll Call

allfunmotorsport
04-04-2007, 01:15 PM
how can i find out how many china riders there are from BC or vancouver Island?

MrsTrubattleax
04-04-2007, 01:20 PM
how can i find out how many china riders there are from BC or vancouver Island?

i think youre on the right track, you already posted the new topic so i think youll find out thru responses.

allfunmotorsport
04-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks agian your all so helpfull the internet is funny in a way how it is the largest community in the world in a way, but there is a lot of small town hospitality? or I'm just a fool?

TheOtherRide
04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
It all depends on which forum you're on! This one is very friendly and helpful...I'm open-minded, but some of them get so crude or argumentative. Frostbite keeps things on track, more than a lot of moderators. It stays family-friendly and rather idiot-proof :lol: Plus I think that the type of people who buy these bikes are more budget-conscious and down-to-earth than most.

NewEnglandTrails
04-04-2007, 04:03 PM
At the home page click on members.. scroll through the list and if they have filled out their info it will state where they are from...

Then if you want more chinariders.. On Vancouver Island or BC spread the word.. lol

NET

ambassador
04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth NET...

ejcycles
04-05-2007, 03:27 AM
It all depends on which forum you're on! This one is very friendly and helpful...I'm open-minded, but some of them get so crude or argumentative. Frostbite keeps things on track, more than a lot of moderators. It stays family-friendly and rather idiot-proof :lol: Plus I think that the type of people who buy these bikes are more budget-conscious and down-to-earth than most.

I don't want to be off topic but...I agree with Pauli 100% on this, there are a lot of people that just rip the China Bikes to shreds. Mainly because they don't know anything about them or the people had them drop-shipped and just don't have a clue. {Example: Pauli jumped on here, asked questions, read the threads, made a decision on the bike she wanted, had it drop-shipped and used the set-up section to assemble it and get it going.} Now besides being an active member she also has a bike to ride and if she has questions she asks and they get answered. We have fun on here, help each other out, talk about all kinds of stuff and pic on each other once in a while...just for fun!! :D

The people that are in your area will chime in if they are still active and you'll see others from Canada on here. Frostbite is from Canada, he owns the forum and moderates it.

Bruce

frostbite
04-05-2007, 06:33 AM
So far, unoffically, there 2-3 members from BC (British Columbia), one from Saskatchewan, and one from New Brunswick (me).

molypod
04-05-2007, 12:17 PM
AllFun,

I'm from BC in the Lower Mainland.

Jim is also from the Lower Mainland.

And Ridgeline is from the Island.

I think that's correct.

Jim
04-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Yep, Molypod is right :D

So including you (allfunmotorsport) I guess there is atleast 4 of us from BC

allfunmotorsport
04-05-2007, 08:14 PM
I was just trying to find out how many of us there are in BC. Becouse in the ride report (you may have seen)there is an lucky bunch planning a get together witch makes me envious :( .but with over 4 million bikes shiped to north america last year, there should be more of us around BC soon to make it worth while for us to start planning something like that.

Jim
04-10-2007, 03:46 AM
@Allfunmotorsports, is there anyway you can change the title to something like "BC - Rollcall"?

@ rest of us bc'ers, any ideas where is good to ride... I really have only done road riding on my cruiser, I don't know where any good trails or off road areas are (that we're actually allowed on?)

Thanks all.

frostbite
04-10-2007, 06:34 AM
@Allfunmotorsports, is there anyway you can change the title to something like "BC - Rollcall"?

Done.

Jim
04-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Hey thanks again Frostbite, now hopefully the rest of the bc'ers will find there way here.

allfunmotorsport
04-11-2007, 12:50 PM

Done.

woops totally missed that one thanks frostbite.

allfunmotorsport
04-11-2007, 12:54 PM

@ rest of us bc'ers, any ideas where is good to ride... I really have only done road riding on my cruiser, I don't know where any good trails or off road areas are (that we're actually allowed on?)

Thanks all.

if you ever get to the island, you may never leave. ask ridgline. have you ever been?(jim? molypod?)

molypod
04-11-2007, 01:04 PM
I was born in Duncan.
I also have family in Nanaimo,Parksville, Courtney and Port Alberni

Jim
04-11-2007, 06:25 PM
I did the ususal school trip to victoria, but I dont remeber it too much, and I've been to comox a few times... I don't get out there too often though :?

Jim
04-16-2007, 03:37 AM
Found this tonight: http://www.motorcycleexplorer.com/bclist.html

I think the KVR would be an awesome ride, just make sure not to get too close to the edge on those trestles!

http://www.motorcycleexplorer.com/kvr/tresblev.jpg

liverchip
04-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Wow it'd be like riding on one continuous cattle-guard....yikes.

Jim
04-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah, but with a cattlegaurd... you dont fall so far if you get too close to the side ;)

I guess you would want to make sure your kickstand was all the way on one of those boards before dismounting, if it slipped between it could knock you over the edge.

allfunmotorsport
04-19-2007, 04:27 PM
I was heard on CBC radio yesterday that they have banned all moterized traffic on the kettel vally trail :( . but I think I would be worth the fine. as long as you don't tear it up. I have taken my mountian bike on lot of trails that your not allowed to. but cleaned up all the trash that I could carry to justify it 8) I can undestand why they banned it. but I wish they naver had to.

Jim
04-19-2007, 06:29 PM
There is also a trans canada trail that is supposedly "shared use"... which includes mountain bikes, hikers, horses, and in the winter snow mobiles... but they don't want atv's or dirt bikes on it... Stupid national trail.

Jim
04-23-2007, 11:28 PM
I was heard on CBC radio yesterday that they have banned all moterized traffic on the kettel vally trail :(

I've been trying to find a definite answer on this... I'm sort of still looking, I emailed the spirit of 2010 trails, who told me to email trails bc (http://www.trailsbc.ca/)... I was told that the KVR is "technicaly" a non-motorized trail... I then inquired what was meant by technicaly, and was told that Trails BC and TCT (trans canada trail) intend the kvr to be a non motorized trail, however they have no way to police that, and they are "struggling" to get the government to take a non-motorized stance...

So what I have "technicaly" gotten out of this is that I shoudl be able to do it aslong as I am respectful of the other trail users, but they really dont want me to...?

I am still in contact back and forth there trying to figure out the exact situation with all this, and when our correspondence has ended I intend to post up the emails here for information sake... It sounds like the KVR has become part of the TCT and and those folk don't like us folk, even though we want to share with them... And they are doing what they can to build thier new sections of trail in locations where they can ban motorized use, but that they are still fighting to actually ban the use on existing trail that they simply took over...

Why can't they just share? :(

I have suggested that we could all share peacefully and maybe a solution that could help keep everyone happy would just post some usage guidelines at trail entrances stating responsible motorized usage guidlines (slow down when passing other trail users, be cautious around horses, pack out what you pack in, don't tear up the trail, etc et etc... )

frostbite
04-24-2007, 07:26 AM
So what I have "technicaly" gotten out of this is that I shoudl be able to do it aslong as I am respectful of the other trail users, but they really dont want me to...?

We have that problem in NB. The environmental/trail groups would rather see a trail in the middle-of-nowhere not get used then be utilized by OHV's.

The fact of the matter is, if your 100 miles from civilization you didn't get their on foot, especially in black fly season.

Part of the problem we're having with the proposed ban on bikes/ATV's for kids under 14 is that various groups are pushing the ban to further their own agendas. The New Brunswick Trails Council is all for it. Less kids on ATV's means potentially fewer ATV's on 'their' trails.