PDA

View Full Version : Introducing...

Jim
04-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Me!

Hi, I guess I'm a little late, but hey... here I am.

I have a lifan lf200gy 5, not too many km's on it yet, but so far so good.

I just uploaded a bunch of images to my gallery

http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=4272

I am in bc canada (lower mainland) and havent gotten to get it too muddy yet, but planning on finding some trails soon!

This forums is great and I want to thank you all for all the helpful information and especially the admin(s) for setting up the great site - Thanks.

ejcycles
04-05-2007, 02:59 AM
Hi Jim

Welcome to ChinaRiders!! You'll have a lot of fun here and there is a ton of info as you have seen!! As said...better late than not at all.

Bruce

frostbite
04-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Nice pics.

I'm surprised you have that much snow.

Jim
04-05-2007, 06:54 PM
@Frostbite, that was actually in november, just after I got the bike... It was screaming at me to let it out of the garage.... No snow here now, although it was actually snowing on monday... very strange (im just about as far south in bc as I can get without being in the usa)

sheadouglas
04-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Do you have any video riding in that snow. Those pics look pretty sweet.

Jim
04-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Nope, I never even thought of the video until I saw yours on youtube... maybe next time we get enough snow, but it will probably be next winter... I may forget ;)

Jim
04-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I guess I should introduce my bike too... Its the lifan lf 200 gy-5, red (currently tracking down some green plastics), pretty much stock... I did do a few things...

I managed to bend the rear brake pedal one time when I dropped it... oops...

I changed the oil, adjusted the clutch and adjusted the chain.

I tried an led 1157 bulb in the brake light, but we tried it out from the end of our driveway and we couldn't see it quite as good as the normal bulb since you need to be right at the correct angle to see them best. It would probably show up better at night, but most of my riding will be in the daylight. Also, it made it look pink since I used a white led (so my lisence light isn't red). Anyways I put the original back in.

I adjusted the back rack so it was a little higher up, because there is a reflector on the back of it that would essentially cover the brake light if someone behind me was too high up (redneck-mobile, big rig, etc).

I dissasembled the signal switch to see how that works and decided never... ever ever to do that again... A bunch of little springs, ball bearings, and metal pieces popped out... took hours to reasemble.

I checked out the signal flasher and if you dont want them to flash with the brakes, or beep, or flash with the alarm you can replace it with a normal flasher, and just use the wires needed, but thats not what I wanted.

I stuffed a little piece of styrofoam in the end of the box where the beeping comes from and wrapped it around with electrical tape a few times, now it beeps, but you wont hear it when the bike runs.

I also wanted to make the lights not flash when I brake, so I disconnected the g/y wire from the connector (stick a pin in the end and slide it out, no cutting required). Now it still signals normaly and the lights still work for the alarm, it just doesnt get the signal from the brake light to turn on!

I think thats about it minus a little loctite... My bike came from a real bike shop, the guy works on icbc claims alot and restores bikes and such... So he knows what he's doing when he puts it together. Also, if you look at the pictures in my gallery you'll notice my signal lights (front) may be in a different spot then yours, this is where he puts them and I think they look pretty good there!

Also, I have a cruiser bike, here is a picture of it and my old gmc pickup

http://www.imcybersquattingthis.com/idrive/8.JPG

sheadouglas
04-06-2007, 09:19 PM
That's a sweet lookin bike. I hope to get one some day!

Jim
04-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks, I find it pretty nice to ride, took a few good trips on it last year up through the mountains... and I got a great deal because of a number of factors, but basicaly the dealer was getting rid of them (last year they made these models, and the lowest cc's in the next insurance group, and it was already the previous years model, bought as an 05 in 06, but new :D)

Anyways I had to take it off road a few times last year, and then decided I should get an actual off-road bike so I dont chance dropping my nicer one. (no offense to the lifan, I love that bike)

molypod
04-06-2007, 10:42 PM
you'll notice my signal lights (front) may be in a different spot then yours, this is where he puts them and I think they look pretty good there!

They dealer in Langley where I got my bike did the same thing and I haven't had a loose bolt yet.

Jim
04-06-2007, 10:45 PM
You get your's from SuperSport?

edit: Here's the sticker I've been meaning to put on (though I also like the chinariders.net ones in the swag section...)

gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4363&g2_serialNumber=2

Edit: About loose bolts, I've only had one, one of the bolts out of the rear footpeg on the right side fell out when I was kick starting it.

sheadouglas
04-07-2007, 10:25 AM
At first I didnt loc tite anything on my bike. I couldnt believe how nothing was coming loose. I even asked Tom with RPM (my dealer) is it normal for nothing to be coming loose? He said no it's not. Then it wasnt long after that the world started to fall apart for me. I had bolts breaking, falling off, blinkers falling off. Suddenly, everything was loose? I even checked for the first 1500 miles and wasnt finding anything, and then it just happened. You'll find certain ones through the process that will keep coming loose, and you'll know which ones to tighten. Dont learn the hard way though.

Jim
04-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Yeah I'm trying to keep an eye on it, if something loosens I will add loctite and retighten it, trying to pay attn to the rear sprocket